Matt Lauer fired from NBC for a single allegation of sexual misconduct-- the first in his career

If someone is being wrongfully accused they can sue their employer for wrongful dismissal and/or their accuser(s) for defamation. It’s pretty straight forward.

Not sure why people are white knighting a bunch of perverts and predators.

Also, what kind of hopeless motherfucking idiot thinks the Jackson/Timberlake thing was anything but 100% staged and part of the performance, both intended and consented to completely? Her nipple was decorated FFS. I hate America.

Duh nobody said it was not staged, please don't assume I am dumb enough to miss that, I may just like comparisons that make no fucking sense at all!!!

Actions speak louder than words. Lauer sexually harassed and assaulted women he worked with. Trump is on tape saying "I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything." (which got Billy Bush fired too). If you can't see the difference between something actually happening and braggadocious hypothetical, I feel sorry for you.

No, see... you can't see the difference because you didn't SEE either commit any crimes. You're nothing more than a spec in the court of public opinion privy to exactly what you're entitled to as such; nothing but an article. Yet if you had half a brain and were aware of what's happened in the last 20 years on any level, you'd put 5k on Trump having raped a kid before you put a nickle on Lauer having done the same. One was likely to have been an inappropriate perv a month ago ... the other is and has been unabashedly so for decades, and had supporters campaign for him by suggesting it was irrelevant to character. If you weren't ready to condemn either without firsthand proof, you'd either not be carrying pitchforks, or you'd have one in both hands. This selective bullshit and immediate condemnation after what the country did during the last election is some of the most transparently hypocritical bullshit I've ever seen.

If someone said Trump should be fired tomorrow because he was accused of acting inappropriate, would you need a response or action from his employer, or would you need to see the evidence of what he did, before agreeing? I'd believe it immediately.... and yet still defend his right to keep his position until the conclusion of a trial. Because that's how it's supposed to work. This public trial shit is just a joke when it's coming from a people who've so emphatically and proudly abandoned a higher moral ground.

Trump is cool with Bill Cosby?

....? Really?

Try harder.

This is all sheer comedy to me after we reached an apparent consensus as a country that "grab her by the pussy" was totally fine.

Am I really supposed to pretend I live in some land of moral responsibility and sexual equality now? I gotta pretend jokes about pinching an ass are worthy of public scorn and outrage..... AFTER we elected Donald fucking Trump president?! No. Just no. I'm not pretending this country is something it's not.

Sorry Matt, I think it's our fault as a country for letting your behavior be perfectly fine and acceptable until we randomly decided it wasn't. We let you live in a place where all of that was perfectly OK, until one day when it randomly became a reason for your career to not exist.

There's old clips being re-posted with "how did we miss this" and "old warning signs" like the shit was just recently unearthed. We've been perfectly fine with it. We've laughed at it. Only now the "outrage" has been weaponized by favor. And everyone who's aware of it is using it knowing full well why they're using it and why it's working.

Fuck that. We don't wanna address the issue of sexual power and imbalance as a country. We just wanna use these new public bullets to take out anyone we want to. And we clearly will only load the barrel when it plays favorably in the political arena. Roy Moore is being PROTECTED by our president, but Matt fucking Lauer being a sleeze was an issue that needed to be immediately addressed?!!

It's a fucking comedy.

Welcome back

No, see... you can't see the difference because you didn't SEE either commit any crimes. You're nothing more than a spec in the court of public opinion privy to exactly what you're entitled to as such; nothing but an article. Yet if you had half a brain and were aware of what's happened in the last 20 years on any level, you'd put 5k on Trump having raped a kid before you put a nickle on Lauer having done the same. One was likely to have been an inappropriate perv a month ago ... the other is and has been unabashedly so for decades, and had supporters campaign for him by suggesting it was irrelevant to character. If you weren't ready to condemn either without firsthand proof, you'd either not be carrying pitchforks, or you'd have one in both hands. This selective bullshit and immediate condemnation after what the country did during the last election is some of the most transparently hypocritical bullshit I've ever seen.

If someone said Trump should be fired tomorrow because he was accused of acting inappropriate, would you need a response or action from his employer, or would you need to see the evidence of what he did, before agreeing? I'd believe it immediately.... and yet still defend his right to keep his position until the conclusion of a trial. Because that's how it's supposed to work. This public trial shit is just a joke when it's coming from a people who've so emphatically and proudly abandoned a higher moral ground.

....? Really?

Try harder.

Keep his job until the conclusion of a trial “because that’s how it’s supposed to work?” That’s not how it works. Employers can dismiss whoever they want, they don’t need to go through some kind of mini trial or anything. The only issue is whether they have to pay severance, and that’s based on whether there’s cause or not for a termination.

Keep his job until the conclusion of a trial “because that’s how it’s supposed to work?” That’s not how it works. Employers can dismiss whoever they want, they don’t need to go through some kind of mini trial or anything. The only issue is whether they have to pay severance, and that’s based on whether there’s cause or not for a termination.

I get your point but I prefer a world where people are punished after it's proven they've done wrong.

Your preconceived notions of who is good and who is bad is irrelevant. No one would have believed Cosby was a giant rapist the way he was portrayed in movies, TV, and his comedy. Now everyone knows him as a rapist because story after story of him being a rapist came out. How wholesome he was in the past is irrelevant.

How much proof do you have that Trump is a child rapist? How much proof do you have that Matt Lauer sexually abused women at NBC? There is more credible proof of the latter than the former. Which is why Matt Lauer isn't getting a pass for "behavior [that was] perfectly fine and acceptable until we randomly decided it wasn't." and people care more about it.

Such a great guy, who wouldn't want to work with him?

This is mighty bad.

But the other compilations youll find on youtube are jokes.

Theres one that is part of a bit during the today musical, lauer asking about an elephant in the room with anne hathaway, and another bit from Conan. All hot air.

Your preconceived notions of who is good and who is bad is irrelevant. No one would have believed Cosby was a giant rapist the way he was portrayed in movies, TV, and his comedy. Now everyone knows him as a rapist because story after story of him being a rapist came out. How wholesome he was in the past is irrelevant.

How much proof do you have that Trump is a child rapist? How much proof do you have that Matt Lauer sexually abused women at NBC? There is more credible proof of the latter than the former. Which is why Matt Lauer isn't getting a pass for "behavior [that was] perfectly fine and acceptable until we randomly decided it wasn't." and people care more about it.

What evidence do you seem to think you're operating with that otbers aren't? Tell me what firsthand details about incidents with Lauer have you personally seen that lead you to your conclusion. You seem to think you have something beyond what the media told you, and you don't.

Your condemnation isn't the result of hard evidence you've personally handled. It's how you've been told to feel, and because they're people you don't like, you're more than willing to feel that way. But when likelihood turns around and makes it clear people you support have an even more disgusting history, you don't care. You'll even defend them.

Spare me that bullshit because it makes it clear your end game certainly isn't justice.

This is mighty bad.

But the other compilations youll find on youtube are jokes.

Theres one that is part of a bit during the today musical, lauer asking about an elephant in the room with anne hathaway, and another bit from Conan. All hot air.

I remember the stir the Annette Hathaway interview caused a couple years ago. He came off as a dipshit then and people caused a ruckus. But, nothing happened.

I get your point but I prefer a world where people are punished after it's proven they've done wrong.

Uhm, you mean a world where companies don't fire people until after they've been criminally charged with a crime and convicted?

Or is there some other standard you're thinking about?

Such a great guy, who wouldn't want to work with him?

Meh, comes off as sorta creepy but it would depend solely on Meredith Viera's relationship with Matt. Were they playful and flirty with each other off-camera? Meredith was always very flirty with good looking guys when she hosted Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Some friends and co-workers can have that flirty banter and would think nothing of a comment like this.

If someone is being wrongfully accused they can sue their employer for wrongful dismissal and/or their accuser(s) for defamation. It’s pretty straight forward.

They CAN sue for defamation and you'll see it threatened but a guy like Lauer would never ACTUALLY sue for defamation or libel. Don't you have to reveal fucking EVERYTHING to prove that what was said isn't true?

Good luck in this environment.

Back