News Mayra Bueno Silva: I got popped by NSAC

Why doesn’t she have a TUE if it’s meds she’s been taking her whole life? That’s the only real question I have. If she is cleared of any wrongdoing ok.. If not. Then she cheated.

I suspect this won't take long to resolve, if it is indeed what Silva says it is, but we'll see

Maybe not, but despite maintaining an "innocent until proven guilty" mindset about these things, I don't have much faith about them ever being as simple or as straightforward they "should" be. Plus we've been waiting a while for a fight announcement as it is, so I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC doesn't consider the juice worth the squeeze and doesn't want to wait around for her sake to get it worked out to make a fight booking.

I hope Silva doesn't fuck shit up and Holm is back being a title contender again. Also WTF is this BS about Brazilians taking ADHD medicine?

F4Fph-FXQAAHlN6

Sticky wicket.

ADHD meds are really useful to people with ADHD for all sorts of reasons, and can affect things like sleep, diet, all sorts of things.

If USADA aren't concerned with her taking them as long as they're not in her system on fight night, she might have a shot here.

If USADA have told her she can't have them in her system full stop, it's probably on her to ensure that.

Not sure, to be honest.

But other bodies would punish her.

The same thing happened to Miles Johns and Rodrigo Nascimento.

It is embarrassing the NSAC continues to flag fighters for taking ADHD medications like Ritalin and Adderall, prescribed by a licensed physician, but have no problem with fighters using marijuana.

Sheetara is a clean fighter who kicked Holly Holm's ass. End of story.

Taking speed before a fight vs THC. Weed is gonna make you fight worse, amphetamine is gonna give you strength

Got popped by the tainted Juice fairy
I heard if you don’t have a home, in some places you can get free untainted drugs
It’s a cruel world

Taking speed before a fight vs THC. Weed is gonna make you fight worse, amphetamine is gonna give you strength
Here is USADA on how athletes with ADHD can get a TUE for prescription medication to treat the disorder.

https://www.usada.org/spirit-of-sport/education/athletes-adhd-know-about-tues/

Mayra has ADHD. She claims she stopped taking the drug at the start of fight week as per her usual practice. Low levels were detected in her system. We will see how this process plays out. We should not rush to judgment without knowing all the rules involved or the ins and outs of the TUE process.

If true and its some non performance enhancing substance then I hope she gets a pass. USADA and UFC really need to look over some of their banned substances so many are just stupid to be banned.

If its not Osterine its Adderall.

Back