Mighty Duck Johnson Dodges the Bullet that is TJ Dillashaw

Phew, any mention of flyweight or WMMA sure brings out the best of sherdog.... bunch of overcompensating manchildren desperately racing to be the loudest mouthbreathing loser to call everyone else a cuck or whatever it is you weirdos have decided makes you slightly less insecure about your own masculinity. some of these threads belong in the comments of your flunky uncle's facebook page.

TJ ducking that non-existent #1 contender.... lol

DJ fighting guys that miss weight constantly at FLW but has no issue with it because said fighter is just an average fighter. Says he won't fight TJ in fear he won't make weight..... Legit
TJ has more fights in his division now than DJ. Cruz, Garbrandt, Riviera and Moraes are all knocking on the door. And I'll say it again, he still hasn't defended his belt.

DJ has no clear no.1 contender, so who is he ducking? The weight problem was only a factor for that 11th defence as that was the one that set the record. Ray Borg was a lot more likely to make 125 than a career bantamweight who didn't even wrestle in college as low as 125, so your point makes no sense.

It appears to be more of a money issue. Why should he fight the champion from the division above for no extra money when the UFC will be making more from it? He's their winningest champion ever, he deserves it.

TJ has more fights in his division now than DJ. Cruz, Garbrandt, Riviera and Moraes are all knocking on the door. And I'll say it again, he still hasn't defended his belt.

DJ has no clear no.1 contender, so who is he ducking? The weight problem was only a factor for that 11th defence as that was the one that set the record. Ray Borg was a lot more likely to make 125 than a career bantamweight who didn't even wrestle in college as low as 125, so your point makes no sense.

It appears to be more of a money issue. Why should he fight the champion from the division above for no extra money when the UFC will be making more from it? He's their winningest champion ever, he deserves it.

Your argument makes no sense. Why is it suddenly about money? Money wasn't an issue when it was Borg, Reis or any of those other B/C level fighters... why now? The person you're fighting should not suddenly change your contracted salary. TJ is not a draw. It isn't gonna make the UFC "more money" because neither TJ or DJ are draws. I am pretty sure there is nothing in the contracts that state we'll pay you more if you fight TJ Dillashaw.

DJ has no clear #1 contender and neither does TJ, hence why this is the PERFECT time for the fight. Funny how he talked about fighting Cody no problem, no mention of money, no mention of weight, nothing..... now that TJ killed Cody, there's this reason and that reason to not fight TJ.

It sounds like a pretty weak excuse and really just anything to not have the fight happen.

Do you not understand the basic premise of why guys like McGregor get a load of cash and MM doesn't?

No one is forcing MM to fight, man. He chose this business. Do you work for MM?

Life doesn't work that way, bro. You get paid what you are worth.
And you will never be paid what you're worth without sticking your neck out...

Last we heard was that TJ pissed off Dana by declining a short notice rematch with Cody. TS concludes it must have been MM's fault.<{cuts}>

Your argument makes no sense. Why is it suddenly about money? Money wasn't an issue when it was Borg, Reis or any of those other B/C level fighters... why now? The person you're fighting should not suddenly change your contracted salary. TJ is not a draw. It isn't gonna make the UFC "more money" because neither TJ or DJ are draws. I am pretty sure there is nothing in the contracts that state we'll pay you more if you fight TJ Dillashaw.

DJ has no clear #1 contender and neither does TJ, hence why this is the PERFECT time for the fight. Funny how he talked about fighting Cody no problem, no mention of money, no mention of weight, nothing..... now that TJ killed Cody, there's this reason and that reason to not fight TJ.

It sounds like a pretty weak excuse and really just anything to not have the fight happen.
Champ vs Champ will always sell more than champ vs contender, hence the UFC will make more money.

He's the one who has to fight a man from a higher weight class when he didn't ask to, making the UFC more money in the process, so it's fair for him to ask for more.

TJ does have clear contenders, and more than one of them at that, the four I mentioned could easily be next in line. Hence, he's the one ducking people. If he wants a champ vs champ fight that bad, why doesn't he go up and fight Holloway? Calling out guys from the smallest weight division is a bitch move.

He doesn't treat DJ any differently than other fighters. Except for Conor. But that's Dana's golden boy.

DJ is just overestimating his value. Wants to get paid millions yet his fights sell 100k. Nobody knows who he or his opponents are.

Want to get paid more? Bring in some PPVs.

Guys like Conor, Jones, GSP get paid top dollar because most of their money comes from PPV buys. They are big draws and Mighty Midget is not.
The UFC has PLENTY of other revenue streams outside of PPV. Boxers who draw more or less the same as DJ get compensated more, and it isn't for any other reason than LEVERAGE.

I won't hold my breath on DJ accepting a fight with TJ.

Not sure why he all of a sudden requires more money for this particular fight. Seems shady to me.
He's been pretty consistent with wanting to be paid at least a million for this fight......

DJ always complaining about getting no respect or the type of money he thinks he deserves and how the shitty PPVs that he headlines that bring abysmal numbers aren’t his fault.

He would get all the respect and he’d probably make more money than his last 3 fights combined if he fought and beat TJ. Hell I’d give him respect even if he lost to TJ but instead he avoids the challenge and chooses the easy way out. He already smashed Cejudo and Pettis has no chance just like all the others he’s already beaten. Everybody knows this and Mouse knows best. Wins over anyone else not named TJ at this point doesn’t mean shit. It’s clear that DJ is scared.

Mouse can stay irrelevant with his ***streak*** and keep his tiny fan base that will never grow. The same fans that believes he’s not ducking and think that he’s the P4P goat.

The UFC has PLENTY of other revenue streams outside of PPV. Boxers who draw more or less the same as DJ get compensated, and it isn't for any other reason than LEVERAGE.
Mighty Mouse has NO LEVERAGE. Nobody gives 2 fucks about him.

I'm sure any exciting up and comer would glady accept his pay.

Champ vs Champ will always sell more than champ vs contender, hence the UFC will make more money.

He's the one who has to fight a man from a higher weight class when he didn't ask to, making the UFC more money in the process, so it's fair for him to ask for more.

TJ does have clear contenders, and more than one of them at that, the four I mentioned could easily be next in line. Hence, he's the one ducking people. If he wants a champ vs champ fight that bad, why doesn't he go up and fight Holloway? Calling out guys from the smallest weight division is a bitch move.

If TJ makes 125, he is fighting a 125 fighter, like Reis, Borg, Joe B(former 135 title contender, so I am not sure the weight argument here if TJ makes 125), etc.

TJ has no clear #1 contender, which is why there was a fight lined up with Cruz and Rivera and Cruz bailed, so now Rivera needs a new #1 contender fight. Cody sure as hell doesn't deserve a title shot after getting KTFO in his last fight by TJ. Assuncao should be fighting Rivera for #1 contender. To sum things up, there is no #1 contender.

He should call out Holloway? The guy with the clear cut #1 contender in Ortega and before that, Edgar? The guy who isn't the #1 p4p fighter in MMA? That is a terrible argument.

Mighty Duck was on Ariels show just now and said talks of the fight have gone dormant.

This guy shouldnt be on anybodies p4p list. He should be stripped of the title and benched for not taking a fight in his own weight class.

Mighty Duck Johnson needs to go.
You need to STFU and understand that TJ is irrelevant at DJ's division.
The only duck here is TJ, who's desperately ducking his own division.

TJ just won the belt, and should defend it before trying to fight outside his division.
That honor should be reserved to fighters like DJ, who has cleared his division already.

Listen buddy, if TJ can make weight, then it's all fair and square. They will be the same weight at the weigh ins.

Just because his opponent comes from a weight class above, it doesn't mean he deserves more money. What kind of dumbass mentality is that?

Listen buddy, if TJ can make weight, then it's all fair and square. They will be the same weight at the weigh ins.

Just because his opponent comes from a weight class above, it doesn't mean he deserves more money. What kind of dumbass mentality is that?

The dumbass mentality is claiming that "they will be same weight" when you note it is at Weight in and not fight time.
Fact: TJ will be bigger and heavier.

But beyond that, TJ should be putting HIS belt on the line.
He has plenty of viable options to fight in his division.
DJ is the one putting the belt on the line.
he will be fighting a guy that NEVER fought in his division (unranked).
If this is the fight DANA wants to see, DJ should damn well demand he pays more money.

Mighty Mouse has NO LEVERAGE. Nobody gives 2 fucks about him.

I'm sure any exciting up and comer would glady accept his pay.
Dana really wants to see this fight happen - that's leverage. Whether it is enough or not is up in the air.

I'm assuming the big July card the UFC is trying to put together is going to be:

DC vs. Stipe
TJ vs. MM
Cyborg vs. Megan

I do remember MM saying if he fights TJ, he wants it on a stacked card. That would be stacked enough. I'd be very disappointed if this fight didn't happen and I know it will be MM's fault for it not happening. There isn't one fighter currently at 125 I care to watch MM fight.
Are you saying you don't want to watch MM fight FLW can #6, 7, and 8? You must be a casual.

Last edited:

Every single one of your arguments except the one about money, are bullshit, and you think you are being lawyer-esque and making some case but no one is buying your bullshit logic except diehard DJ fans who are afraid of him taking this fight. I agree he should demand more money (how much is up for debate), but you need to stop with that “higher weight class” bullshit. TJ is coming to 125 and you need to get that through your head. That would make TJ a legit FW, and as an mma fighter you have to take on whoever can make your weight. And you need to learn our definition of ducking, which is basically when another fighter and especially the promotion are trying to book a fight with you and you refuse. You can make an argument that TJ just ducked a rematch with Garbrant, but quit spewing that bullshit that he’s ducking other 135 contenders, especially Marlon, who ain’t ready for a title shot. By our definition, DJ is pulling the biggest duck move right now since Tito ducked Chuck.

And how do you know TJ won’t take on Holloway in the future? I don’t even like TJ but can tell he is the type of guy to step up to another weight class and take that fight when the time is right. DJ is not.

MM defenders are absurd.. They casually leave out details out of conveinance. Claim TJ is bigger OK who gives a shit if TJ makes weight? That excuse is invalid. Anyone heard of Frankie Edgar. Did ppl cry this hard when he fought Maynard or Benson or many others at 155? There's also many other far larger weight disparities that have happened. If someone makes the weight stfu and stop crying. Oh TJ can't make weight? How the fuck do you know? Pretty sure TJ wouldn't make the claim if he couldn't and had stated his trial cut was/went well. Also no one cried about weight issues when it came Borg(who HAS missed weight several times) but with TJ let's make a stink about it. Also let's bash TJ and call him a pussy for coming down a weight class(10 measly fucking pounds) while at the same time calling DJ the p4p number one. So dropping weight(10 fucking pounds than he normally does) to fight the number 1 p4p(which is a joke of a statement) is cowardly??? MM defenders must be fucking buffoons, black ppl and/or manlets. Oh and DJ has stated he wants 2 mil while not being a draw..........and somehow tards will go at great lengths to defend him I just don't get it.

and you should got eat a dick and maybe watch some WWE T.J. just pulled the same shit with Garbrandt should he be stripped too?
except he already knocked Garbrandt the fuck out dumbass

Back