International Missing Saudi Journalist Killed, Saudis Threaten Global Economic Repercussions if Punished

He just said in the 60 minutes interview that they are still investigating. I'm sure you're not suggesting punishing another powerful nation before the investigation has concluded?

I think you are a few days behind here.
Why would he come out and say the prince and king denied any knowledge.
Any knowledge of what? The last time the prince commented he said the guy left the embassy.
Trump already knows the guy was killed by the Saudis because they have admitted it to him IMO.

You can wait for the investigation that is fine.
It is just so embarrassing that Trump comes out and pretends he believes the Saudi denial.
He should have stuck with waiting for the investigation line.

Trumpets are mindless zombies supportive of Trump no matter what Trump does or says. Don't overthink it.

Shitpost. I'm not deflecting. I'm pointing out Democrats are every bit as much to blame as Trump and his cronies for our policies towards the Saudis. They have been NO DIFFERENT.

Again, there's no value in making this issue a partisan one. The Democrats hold no high ground.

I believe the noticeable difference is SA funneling money directly into Trump's business holdings which seem to have resulted in the 180 from Trump which is filtering down to his base.

He just said in the 60 minutes interview that they are still investigating. I'm sure you're not suggesting punishing another powerful nation before the investigation has concluded?

And then today he speculates it could be rogue killers because of a conversation with SA King.

I know it's hard to keep up with Trump contradicting Trump when he does it so rapid fire like that.

so besides US politicians......does ANYONE like Saudi Arabia?

serious ?

Turkey says Saudi gave them ok to search consulate.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-search-saudi-consulate-erdogan-king-talk-003357588.html

So I guess this means the Turks and Saudis have reached a backroom deal on geopolitical concessions or a lucrative contract . Or the Saudis have finally scrubbed away all evidence.
Shortly after this story broke, it was reported that the Turks made a offer to Bin Salman, that they would simply claim this was the work of sections of the Saudi apparatus working without the knowledge of Bin Salman. The offer was designed to offer Bin Salman a way out. The Saudis did not entertain the offer, feeling they were powerful enough to weather the storm without having to give-in to the Turks.

No shit! That's Trump. That isn't what his constituents wanted from him. That doesn't characterize the "anti-establishment" backlash against Saudi Arabia that swelled on both sides.

Obama talked tough about the Saudis, too, but then what did he do? He sold them warplanes. Obama, and all the Democrats you would endorse, are skins of the same politician, and here's his true form:
p36342_v_v8_ab.jpg
So spare the thread the dishonor of shitstaining it up with partisan politics. This is a bipartisan American failure.

Look at all the links and quotes, Obama clearly didn't want to continue treating the Saudis with deference , which was the norm in the US establishment. He was more critical of them and noticeably less indulging than the previous admin . That isn't partisan politics, it is factual. My point was never that he made a clean break and totally broke off support for the Saudis, it was that he treated them significantly differently than was the norm for US admins, atleast recent admins.

Probably working with the 400lbs hacker.

Trump and the US establishment trying to give Bin Salman and Saudi Arabia a way out. Erdogan tried the same thing but was rebuffed because Saudi feels they are powerful enough to not entertain Turkey's offer.
It is pretty clear Bin Salman authorized the hit and it is blatantly obvious the Trump admin is trying to let him off the hook. Trump is again trying to bullshit everyone, and people will go along with it cause society and the media know such blatant lies are needed to preserve geo-political interests. A case of everyone staying silent and acting like the King is dressed normally when he is infact buck naked.

Come on, you really think he actually cares about the truth. It is pretty obvious by now that Bin Salman ordered the hit and Jamal K is a goner. Trump had no problem pushing Birtherism despite no evidence to back up the conspiracy theory .

As president he ofcourse needs to act impartial and not be seen as rushing to judgement, so that is part of the reason he has to say he needs to wait for the investigation to end. I think any president would have said the same thing. But knowing what everyone knows about Trump's relationship with Bin Salman, including the cosy relationship Kushner has, and the weapons deal , this isn't just about a President needing to maintain the optics of reserved judgement, it is clearly also about Trump's bias in favor of Salman and letting him off.

Shitpost. I'm not deflecting. I'm pointing out Democrats are every bit as much to blame as Trump and his cronies for our policies towards the Saudis. They have been NO DIFFERENT.

Again, there's no value in making this issue a partisan one. The Democrats hold no high ground.

Democrats as a whole? no.

But that doesnt change the fact that the only opposition towards the House of Saud came from the Obama administration.

Turkey says Saudi gave them ok to search consulate.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-search-saudi-consulate-erdogan-king-talk-003357588.html

So I guess this means the Turks and Saudis have reached a backroom deal on geopolitical concessions or a lucrative contract . Or the Saudis have finally scrubbed away all evidence.
Shortly after this story broke, it was reported that the Turks made a offer to Bin Salman, that they would simply claim this was the work of sections of the Saudi apparatus working without the knowledge of Bin Salman. The offer was designed to offer Bin Salman a way out. The Saudis did not entertain the offer, feeling they were powerful enough to weather the storm without having to give-in to the Turks.

Wait, what is there to look for? I though the Turks said they had video and audio of the murder?

Is there sword dancing on the agenda?

What do I mean proof? Is that a serious question? You don't think you should have proof before accusing another nation of something like that?

What proof is there? I may have missed something but I don't believe they know who murdered the guy yet.

You should stick to boxing threads.

Wait, what is there to look for? I though the Turks said they had video and audio of the murder?
Yeah they did say that , which makes this a shut case. But...if they strike a deal with the Saudis, the Turks can always backtrack and claim they were misquoted etc..

Yeah they did say that , which makes this a shut case. But...if they strike a deal with the Saudis, the Turks can always backtrack and claim they were misquoted etc..

Yeah, but if they claimed that, and it doesn't actually exist, it complicates things. It turns a sure thing into speculation, and makes the concrete evidence in this case a complete lie, and makes the Turks liars with political motivations and throws the whole thing into question, even as obvious as it might seem.

Yeah, but if they claimed that, and it doesn't actually exist, it complicates things. It turns a sure thing into speculation, and makes the concrete evidence in this case a complete lie, and makes the Turks liars with political motivations and throws the whole thing into question, even as obvious as it might seem.
They can claim to be misquoted. Or they can reach a deal with Bin Salman to implicate underlings acting independently, which is what Trump is now floating, and what Turkey was proposing to Bin Salman early on.

I don't know if they will go down this path of letting Bin Salman off, because it all depends on just how much of a deal Saudi is willing to give Turkey. If the concessions are important enough Erdogan will allow the cover-up. Cause 1 journalist's life means nothing weighed against national interests. Especially since Jamal K wasn't even Turkish.

Democrats as a whole? no.

But that doesnt change the fact that the only opposition towards the House of Saud came from the Obama administration.
Republicans as a whole? No.

Obama never meaningfully opposed the Sauds. We are never going to get anywhere on this issue if we don't stop muddying it with partisan flag-waving.

Republicans as a whole? No.

Obama never meaningfully opposed the Sauds. We are never going to get anywhere on this issue if we don't stop muddying it with partisan flag-waving.

Yes, Republicans as a whole have a hard-on for the Saudis.

Only Rand Paul will make a speech to fool the libertarians, but when it comes to the votes, he will fall in line with the party when it comes to the important ones.

And lol at "never meaninful opposed" if it had been a Republican president or Hillary back in 2012, they would had deposed Assad and they would had never come close to signing anything resembling the Iran deal.

The fact remains that the Saudis and Israel were quite pissed at Obama for the Iran deal and his reticence when it came to deposing Assad.

Back