MNN (First Trailer for NEED FOR SPEED Starring Aaron Paul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Avatar should have just been a one off.

Leonardo DiCaprio to Produce and Star in Woodrow Wilson Biopic

Leonardo-DiCaprio-0806-Dragonlord.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio has been elected to star in the Woodrow Wilson biopic, Wilson. Based on the A. Scott Berg biography of the 28th U.S. President, the rights of which were recently acquired by Warner Bros., DiCaprio will also produce through his Appian Way banner along with partner Jennifer Davisson Killoran. Generally well-received, Wilson portrays the President in a positive light when it comes to his handling of World War I, the Federal Reserve and the League of Nations, but downplays his weak stance on civil liberties. In other words, a biography tailor-made for movie-going audiences. There are plenty of events from Wilson

Honestly, I want Schwarzenegger to drop that damn accent for ONE god damn movie. He knows what an American accent sounds like but he keeps putting on this fake, strong "Schwarzenegger" accent of his in every film and now he just sounds silly. Back 20 years ago when he still had it naturally, it actually sounded a lot different than it does today. Now it sounds like he's forcing it.

I'm just hoping that he'll do a movie where he changes it up a bit just to mix things up.

^ It sounds like he's forcing it because he is forcing it. It's such a big part of his persona that he's used a vocal coach to maintain the accent.

Aaron Eckhart to Play an Exorcist in Brad Petyon's INCARNATE

THE-DARK-KNIGHT.jpg

Fresh off the box office success of Insidious: Chapter Two and the announcement of a third Insidious pic, producer Jason Blum

EVIL DEAD Director Fede Alvarez to Helm DANTE

Ron Howard Gives an Update on THE DARK TOWER Adaptation

Ron-Howard-Updates-Dark-Tower-Dragonlord.jpg

The last we heard on The Dark Tower project was over year ago in which Warner Bros. had passed but MRC might be looking to pick up the rights. Speaking with Empire Podcast, director Ron Howard revealed that while development continues on The Dark Tower, we won

First Official Image from THAT AWKWARD MOMENT

FilmDistrict has announced a title change for the upcoming R-rated comedy Are We Officially Dating?, as the film will now be called That Awkward Moment. Zac Efron, Michael B. Jordan, and Miles Teller star as three best friends who vow to maintain their single status for as long as possible when one of them is devastated by a recent breakup. The plan gets derailed when they each fall in love and have to secretly work around their pledge to bachelorhood, while trying to figure out the complications of modern day relationships. Tom Gormican wrote and directed the pic, and Imogen Poots and Jessica Lucas also star. That Awkward Moment opens in theaters on January 31, 2014.

29bj5kx.jpg

Zac Efron Comedy 'Are We Officially Dating?' Now Titled 'That Awkward Moment'

Last edited:
First Trailer for THE LAST DAYS ON MARS Starring Liev Schreiber

The-Last-Days-on-Mars-Poster-Dragonlord.jpg

Magnet has released the first trailer and poster for director Ruairi Robinson

Arnold is guaranteed to be better this time around as a villian, as opposed to the last time....

248794-mr_freeze.jpg

Update: September 16, 2013

Rumor: Arnold Schwarzenegger to Play the Villain in AVATAR 2

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Red-Dragonlord.jpg

With production set to begin soon on the next pair of Avatar movies, details of what’s to come after James Cameron’s blockbuster 3D epic is still an almost complete mystery. Well, Latino Review thinks they’ve cracked a key element of the next film; the news-and-rumor site is reporting that they’ve got a source telling them the film’s villain will be played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, the former California governor currently filming Expendables 3 with Sylvester Stallone. According to the site, Schwarzenegger will play a "bad guy human general."

Schwarzenegger has worked with Cameron in the past on the Terminator films and True Lies; it’s arguable (and Latino Review does argue) that his status as a major international star is due in no small part to those collaborations. Schwarzenegger is also expected to appear in the next Terminator film, although very little is known about the story and so it’s not clear how large or small his role will be.

Rumor: Arnold Schwarzenegger to Play the Villain in James Cameron's AVATAR 2

Update: September 17, 2013

Reports stating that Arnold Schwarzenegger will reunite with James Cameron for the filmmaker's Avatar 2 are incorrect, according to 20th Century Fox. A Fox spokesperson said Tuesday that Schwarzenegger will not be in the sci-fi sequel nor is the actor being considered for any role. But as movies develop, things could change. There have been plenty of instances where agency and studio denials have proven false as parties try to keep a lid on plot details or sensitive negotiations.

Not So Fast: Arnold Schwarzenegger Will Not Be in James Cameron's 'Avatar 2'

Last edited:
I thought the terminator was getting a reboot. ??
If so, why would they need arnold?

Has Leo convinced anybody in one of his old timey roles?

Danny Trejo Kills Everything in New MACHETE KILLS Trailer

Machete-Kills-Danny-Trejo-Armored-Car-Dragonlord.jpg

A new red-band trailer for director Robert Rodriguez

^ It sounds like he's forcing it because he is forcing it. It's such a big part of his persona that he's used a vocal coach to maintain the accent.
Yes and I'm aware---and I want it to stop god dammit, at least for one film/project. It's distracting and everyone's in on the joke. It's not like he's JCVD where he lives most of his life in Belgium/France and so his accent is what it is.

i have never been as against a remake as i am against spike lee's oldboy

Hollywood's insistence on remaking Asian and European films within years of their release is possibly the worst thing about the whole industry

oldboy is 10 years old which is actually older than many foreign movies that get remade such as a tale of two sisters, let the right one in, and the girl with the dragon tattoo, but oldboy is a film that should never be remade no matter how much time has passed

when this idea first was around i heard it was going to be a new adaptation of the manga rather than a remake of the film

i would still be against that but at least that approach offers some hope for an original take considering the film is completely different from the manga

but just remaking the Korean film is so lame and spike lee is a terrible director, now i like him even less

I have a real problem with this type of attitude towards remakes. If they remake The Godfather, then yes, thats too much. Oldboy seems like they nailed it. It seems to have a Fight Club type of feel to it and looks like a blend of Asian and American cultures. Everything about it seems like the type of remake you should want. If it was just another cash in remake it would be PG-13 and bland as all hell. This definitely isn't the case. I would love to see remakes like this where it's an actual artist and not Len Wiseman making some generic piece of shit. Plus this is way better then some dumb sequel to a franchise thats been ran into the ground.

I don't get mad when another musician covers someone elses song. Don't get why anyone would be that upset over writer/directors interpreting other writer/director's films.

I have a real problem with this type of attitude towards remakes. If they remake The Godfather, then yes, thats too much. Oldboy seems like they nailed it. It seems to have a Fight Club type of feel to it and looks like a blend of Asian and American cultures. Everything about it seems like the type of remake you should want. If it was just another cash in remake it would be PG-13 and bland as all hell. This definitely isn't the case. I would love to see remakes like this where it's an actual artist and not Len Wiseman making some generic piece of shit. Plus this is way better then some dumb sequel to a franchise thats been ran into the ground.

I don't get mad when another musician covers someone elses song. Don't get why anyone would be that upset over writer/directors interpreting other writer/director's films.

Exactly, Hendrix should never have insulted us all by covering Dylan's All Along the Watchtower..............

Wait what?

Yeah covers are not terrible by default. They rock or suck on their own merits.

Johnny Cash's cover of NIN "Hurt" is one of the most haunting songs I've ever heard and even Trent Reznor has said the Cash version blew him away.

I legitimately laughed aloud at two things in the Machete trailer. 1.) Sheen saying "Machete kills. That's what he does." Great delivery. Completely forgot Carlos Estevez is in this movie so that was a nice surprise too. Also when Gibson was like "I'm a great fucker people upper."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back