Ngannou vs Fury: Who wins?

Ngannou vs Fury: Who wins?

• Total voters
Whatever Tyson Fury wants. McGregor fought an undersized 40 year old super defensive boxer. Imagine if he fought a boxer who was willing to slug it out.

Imo as much as I want Francis to win, on paper his odds are very slim outside of a punchers chance. Maybe fury will slip up and allow Francis to tee off on him

So what do you think , will it be like Mcgregor against Floyd ,or we will be shocked by the Furys defeat ?
It's heavyweight so everybody's got a shot and Francis is known to have some sting in his punches throughout his MMA career.
However this is boxing which is different ball game to what he's used to and from what we've in MMA Francis ain't a good boxer. Fury is also one of the best heavyweight boxers of this generation and has a chin of made out of granite so good luck trying to crack that with little to no boxing experience.

I guess the selling point is suppose to be that Francis has INSANE power and he only needs one clean shot, but we've already seen that narrative played out with Fury before with his three fights against Wilder.
Wilder who's a better boxer, faster and has better punching power...

Overall I'd give Francis a 5-10% chance here and I know that's harsh, but I'm trying to be realistic here.
I'm glad he's getting the bag though. I was rooting for him to get that money fight prior, that being said I did have severe doubts it would happen and he proved me wrong.
I'll be rooting for him here too because Fury has become insufferable this past year or so by holding up the division, it would also be badass to see Francis pull it off too even if it's extremely unlikely.

Correct, when serious power is involved anything can happen.
he has serious power against 40 year olds like cain jds overeem and many more
you get a confidence boost when you know your enemy aint the same fighter and would crack easily

look what happend when he fought lewis and gane
he basicaly try to not engage in striking because he aint confident
thats prime nganou

One thing about Fury... unlike Floyd, Tyson has had a history of getting caught by loopy haymakers.

fury is saying its too dangerous to fuck around, so hes going for the first rd ko, which in furyworld probably means hes dead set on doing the exact opposite

46_0_3465892_ext05_1280x640.jpg
And Fury STILL won that fight.

Ngannou wins by virtue of getting a massive payday, in a sport that he has never competed in.

Ngannou by KO.
Ngannou probably has a chance (still Fury will likely win) since Fury's chin is not what it used to be and he is slower and more sloppy than before too. He was brawling in the last fight with Wilder.

Yep. Back in the day the Pride fans knew more about combat sports in general. At least they were more knowledgeable about boxing and kickboxing.

I don't know about that. I remember the Gomi vs Pulver fight and Bas Rutten was saying talking about how Gomi was doing stuff even pro boxers have a hard time doing.

Well I guess it could be technically true if he was talking about low level four rounders.

I don't know about that. I remember the Gomi vs Pulver fight and Bas Rutten was saying talking about how Gomi was doing stuff even pro boxers have a hard time doing.

Well I guess it could be technically true if he was talking about low level four rounders.
I'm talking about Pride fans back in the day. Bas said that? LOL. I did enjoy watching Gomi though.

I'm talking about Pride fans back in the day. Bas said that? LOL. I did enjoy watching Gomi though.

Yeah he was one of my favorite fighters. His fight with Pulver ironically, along with Liddell vs Rampage, is what got me more into boxing. I wanted to get into MMA and thought boxing skills are essential because of these guys, and ended up just falling in love with boxing after.

Now I think about it, Pride fans were definitely more refined than the just bleed crowd of the UFC. In spite of the ridiculous freak shows and soccer kicks, Pride felt more professional and like an actual sport in contrast to the trashiness of the UFC.

Yep. Back in the day the Pride fans knew more about combat sports in general. At least they were more knowledgeable about boxing and kickboxing.
I feel like 15 years ago, mma fans in general were more knowledgeable. Most of them had been martial artist and/ or fighters themselves.

Whenever I take a peek into the heavies these days, it's pretty apparent that the majority of people there are kids, whos knowledge of mma dates back to prime McGregor. They constantly talk shit about fighters pre 2015. As if mma suddenly "evolved" very drastically.

I maintain that mma has "evolved" very little since the mid 2000's. The guys fighting today aren't significantly better than most of the guys fighting in the top promotions the time. For instance I keep hearing about how great O'malley striking and takedown defense is; imo he doesn't have shit on prime Cro Cop.

This fight is just a cash grab. No MMA fighter beats a boxing champion in his first proffesional boxing fight. Just like no boxer beats an MMA champion in his first MMA fight.
How can you guys be excited for that shit. The fight is laughable. I'll watch the highlight of Fury dancing around and win on youtube though.

Back