International Russia vs. Ukraine Combat Megathread vol.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, a wage is good.

Prizes and awards are for people that are intelligent.

Well that's not nice.

I know it's the WR but FFS you guys just can't help but go at each other LOL.

looks like UA got a T72B3

I wonder if the Americans or Brits are hoping to get their hands on it to examine it inside and out.

Remember what happened with the stolen MiG that was flown to Japan, it was torn to pieces and sent back to fuming Russia in crated pieces after a few months.

Belarus is Russia the way Chechnya is and the way Putin wants Ukraine to be.

I suspect that is really what Putin wants more than outright annexation, he maybe forced to do the latter I spose but the disadvantage of that is that its MUCH more expensive, having to both potentially suppress uprinsings and to spend to keep the local population on side.

Imagine living in the west for awhike, and then being forced to go back after all of these sanctions. It will be rough if this conflict and sanctions last for a long time.

R.bd9e17601485e25e309a2cafd407e2e5

This is a "bread line" from 1980's Russia. Trust me, those people aren't going back to that now that they've seen what everyone else will have via the internet. Something's gotta give.

This is a great post.
Putin is not on par with Hiter at all, but a great post nonetheless.

It’s funny, another poster took issue with my use of Napoleon as another comparison. (Must be a francophile).

Hitler isn’t a perfect analogue, but they are certainly cut from the same cloth. 1945 is still a bit recent for some folks, maybe I should have went back in time a bit further to find an example, or omitted direct comparisons altogether, as it can be easy to let the point get lost in the sauce. I am unsure what you mean by “on par,” certainly Putin has not wrought as much death and destruction as Hitler, and hopefully never will.

If you can’t see the comparison (Megalomaniacal leader who is deeply aggrieved over a historical “wrong,” seizes power and instates an authoritarian state; begins a systematic expansion of the state; relies heavily on rhetoric of an oppressed ethnic population; envisions a return to a fictional, idealized earlier cultural state, etc) it is likely you haven’t looked closely.

For anyone questioning the death and violence of this conflict, there is a lot of straight up war gore if you go looking for it. Beware if you dont have the stomach for that sort of thing.

So Putin hasn't even taken control of MAURIPOL, which he has direct access to from the Black Sea? And people keep acting as if he is going to take Kiev any minute now? How in the world can people say this is going well when this is the case?

Yeah, we know.

Unintelligent autists are pretending it's not real.

Those unintelligent autists project many social media profiles all over the world.

Those unintelligent autists don't know how they've been figured out, either.
I try to give the benefit of the doubt. I know there is straight up trolling. I also know that people can be mislead.

No one is doubting there are Russian deaths

Sadly (which is probably true often with invading armies, but is **seemingly** "more" true here) those soldiers likely didn't want to be there and were wondering why the hell they were advancing on their neighbors.

Where?
People keep saying this but all I'm seeing is combat aerial drone strikes or burnt out vehicles.
If you actually want to find it, go look for it. Otherwise its probably best you keep your head buried in the sand. It will be easier for you to deny it that way.

It’s funny, another poster took issue with my use of Napoleon as another comparison. (Must be a francophile).

Hitler isn’t a perfect analogue, but they are certainly cut from the same cloth. 1945 is still a bit recent for some folks, maybe I should have went back in time a bit further to find an example, or omitted direct comparisons altogether, as it can be easy to let the point get lost in the sauce. I am unsure what you mean by “on par,” certainly Putin has not wrought as much death and destruction as Hitler, and hopefully never will.

If you can’t see the comparison (Megalomaniacal leader who is deeply aggrieved over a historical “wrong,” seizes power and instates an authoritarian state; begins a systematic expansion of the state; relies heavily on rhetoric of an oppressed ethnic population; envisions a return to a fictional, idealized earlier cultural state, etc) it is likely you haven’t looked closely.

I would say in terms of power he's clearly quite a bit lower than Hitler, I think he must know that domination of Europe would be well beyond his abilties which are being badly tested just over the boarder fighting a much weaker and less advanced opponent. Maybe a dime store Stalin might be closer to the truth? less oppressive and less powerful but more looking to carve out/keep his local empire of influence.

I would say Putin's support base feels a bit more like that, he has fascistic elements to him but racially he's more focused on "protecting Russians" and generally at home I think thats how he gains a lot of his popularity, basically the man who will stand up to the enemies wanting to destroy us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back