Crime Six Dead and at least Eleven, including a nine-month-old baby, Injured after Mass Stabbing in Sydney Shopping Centre. Suspect shot dead by police.

Yep. Was massively wrong. Crow tastes as you'd expect. Bitter. Not great food. But there we go! Gotta be eaten!
I saw the pictures and they were pretty dark, dude had some kind of beard.... I still stayed silent until the official reports game out (even though this wouldn't have been the first time an act of violence like this came from a certain group).

Some dudes in the Youtube comment sections jumped the gun and didn't hold back. It wasn't pretty.

Even when it isn’t a Muslim we have 20 pages blaming the muslims lol
Comical
I’m surprised nobody said the media is protecting them since every western country apparently bends over backwards for them
This is NOTHING. You should see the youtube comments a couple days ago. Nearly Everyone was fooled.

Haven't been able to see if a motive was established. This thread is getting cluttered with moral grandstanding by posters with a history of inconsistency. Discuss the actual crime.

Haven't been able to see if a motive was established. This thread is getting cluttered with moral grandstanding by posters with a history of inconsistency. Discuss the actual crime.

Sounds like your typical incel rage suicide attack.

Conservatives are too trigger happy to label everything a muslim terrorist attack by migrants.. and its never petty to spike the football on them
It is funny to see all these wankers ITT who jumped the gun and are either eating their words or sheepishly defending their goof takes.
Kind of telling to see that a terrorist attack beeing carried out by a non-muslim is worthy of celeberation lmao.

I'll admit, i assumed there would (once again) be a islamic motive in this attack.
In this case it turns out that it isn't true.

But people acting like it's totally unacceptable/crazy to assume that the motive for a terrorist attack in a (kind of) western nation would once again lie in (extremist) Islam is total bullshit.
It's a bit petty to jump in and spike the football on people who guessed this could be an Islamic terror attack. That's usually a safe bet when it comes to things like these. People should always wait until the complete facts are out to make their opinion. But this did have the hallmarks of a typical attack in the name of Islam. Random people, brutal method, first pictures appear to be a man with a beard, it took a long time before they identified the killer (Coulter's Law), etc. It's a bit silly to consider it anti-Muslim.
Making an educated guess is one thing, gloating about another Islamist attack so you can post memes and malign Muslims before the motive is confirmed is another thing entirely. Surely you can see that right?

It is funny to see all these wankers ITT who jumped the gun and are either eating their words or sheepishly defending their goof takes.

Making an educated guess is one thing, gloating about another Islamist attack so you can post memes and malign Muslims before the motive is confirmed is another thing entirely. Surely you can see that right?

There's really no excuse, because the police said almost immediately they had previous interactions with the individual and didn't think the attack was ideologically motivated. That's almost sure to mean he's a known nutter.
Compare that to the church stabbing, where even though information will be slower to come out (if at all) because the attacker's a juvenile, it was promptly labelled terrorism by the same police.
Not to mention just clearly misinterpreting the obvious information available, such as the nature of the targets as predominantly women at a public mall, and even writing on a sports jersey in national colours.
That really should clue some people in on the extent of their own bias. They aren't just leaping to conclusions, they are denying or radically misinterpreting the information that's in front of them.

Sounds like your typical incel rage suicide attack.

Wow that was sad. I can't imagine the pain and shame that father must be experiencing.

Yes, actually. That's a fair point.

he probably reached the age of 40 and didn't see his life getting any better. Took some kind of drugs and went on a murder spree that he knew would end in his death. Depressing for all.

He was a good looking guy. He must have had serious issues to be such a loner.

Seems to be mental break combined with pre-existing mental illness. Probably compounded by becoming homeless and detached from society.

He was a little odd . But not crazy. 2020 / 2021 as he did manage to get a few dates , the women commented he seemed a normal nice guy apparently.

I'm not even so sure he hated women more than men... as he seemed desperate for any sort of comradeship. I think he was just a coward aiming for the most vulnerable. But that's just my opinion

Update Seven:

There seem to be two main theories as to why Cauchi attacked: a breakdown from social isolation, or psychosis due to his schizophrenia intensifying and him coming off his meds. Of course you could synthesise the two. Perhaps the latter caused or worsened the former. By lunging at the policewoman after being told several times to drop the knife he effectively committed suicide.

We can see that he had been trying very hard to strike up friendships and romantic/sexual relationships, with little success of late, although he had had some success in the past. He stabbed mainly women, and seeing as the only man who died was a security guard, perhaps he was only stabbed because of his job. In the video posted above, Cauchi's father's key point on this is: "Because he wanted a girlfriend and he’s got no social skills and he was frustrated out of his brain.”

[P]olice believe in recent years he had been taking drugs, including meth and psychedelics.

Dr [Ahmed] Tanveer

1024px-Tanveer_Ahmed.jpg

said Cauchi's conduct in the week leading up to what happened on Saturday - including looking for surfing companions - would likely not have alarmed anyone.

'It's not really a picture of someone really deranged, unwell, so you do wonder if something's happened between then and the Saturday afternoon,' he said.

'Maybe then it could absolutely be associated with some sort of drug use.'

Dr Tanveer said he found it unnerving that Cauchi did not look 'terribly deranged' as he moved through the shopping centre, relatively calmly.

'He wasn't shouting out random things,' he said. 'He wasn't just kind of lurching at everyone.

'It may be that he was hearing voices or having commands, there's a range of mental illness scenarios.'

His mother said that Joel grew up in a loving home, had been 'top of his class' and had many friends until he was diagnosed with schizophrenia at the age of 18 (previously 17 was given). She also said that he got a BA in International Relations and Culture and Language from the University of Southern Queensland.

02df8b4156bc9fcf60ce1f285bdf6193

first met Cauchi in mid-2019, about the time of her 18th birthday [when he was ~35]. They had made contact on a dating site and, despite the age gap, started going on dates. Ms Everson was living in Toowoomba and they arranged to meet for the first time at a coffee shop at Northpoint Shopping Centre. They clicked and, for the next five months or so, hung out together. He took her to places she had never been, like a little place outside Highfields with pumpkins on the fence. They had coffee at Picnic Point, at the top of the Toowoomba range, overlooking the valley below.

"Everything was perfect. He was the most kind and sweetest person I had met," Ms Everson said of the man she knew back then. "He was a fun and kind person." They shared a love of photography and Cauchi helped her with a camera and taught her how to take good pictures. "He loved taking photographs," Ms Everson said. [She] tearfully remembered how happy Cauchi was. "He always had this big smile on his face. He was a joyful person," she said.

She said he was always polite in her company and had met her parents. "He was always respectful," Ms Everson said. "He was respectful towards them [my parents] and my brothers." Ms Everson had no idea that Cauchi had been diagnosed with mental illness. She said he never mentioned it or discussed it with her. He told her he was hoping to study to become a teacher. In October 2019, Cauchi moved to Brisbane to live. For a while they tried to keep the relationship going, but they ended up going their separate ways.

Michele and Andrew Cauchi said their son went off his mental health medication at about that time with the agreement and aid of his treating doctor. His mother said he had been under the care of doctors for 18 years.

83638443-13308177-The_Gold_Coast_woman_said_Cauchi_was_quiet_reserved_and_nerdy_pi-a-2_1713163670132.jpg

"When he came off [the medication], it was like it had all lifted from him and he wanted to have a life," she said. "After living at home until he was 35, he went to Brisbane, so he wasn't with his doctor anymore."

After leaving home it seems Joel became itinerant/homeless and slept in parks/vehicles/backpackers' hostels. [Homeless outreach charity founder] Tony Hurle

9b0d6121d3cf9b57d38e68e362c78186

said he understood that Cauchi was sleeping with other rough sleepers at a park near the hospital. "We never had any issues with him. He was always polite," Mr Hurle said. "He was very softly spoken from memory. We only knew him as Joel."

By January of 2023, Cauchi rang his father and said he had lost his unit in Brisbane and was about to be homeless [Perhaps there was no unit, and he was homeless.]. Mr Cauchi brought him home to Toowoomba. But... [he] refused to allow his son's United States Army combat knives in the home. He had found about six of them.

1019201806a2-scaled-1.jpg

"I said to Joel, 'You can stay here as long as you like but you are not going to have these in my house' and so I took them off him, knowing that there was going to be pandemonium in my house but I was willing to put up with it," Mr Cauchi said. His son called police, complaining that his father had stolen his knives. The next day, Cauchi drove down to Tweed Heads and bought himself another knife.

Mr Cauchi [Senior] said he followed the Pentecostal faith but that his son had told him a year ago that he did not believe in God.

83638447-13308177-The_woman_pictured_who_does_not_wish_to_be_identified_met_with_C-a-1_1713163670111.jpg

The Gold Coast woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, told Daily Mail Australia about her brief relationship with...Cauchi... [She said] she barely recognised the savage killer... [as] the man she met on... Badoo... in April 2020.

"I struck up a conversation with him for a while, then I had a few drinks with him at his house in Brisbane. He lived there with flatmates," she said. "He was a lovely guy when I met him, definitely quiet and reserved. I'm just very shocked at what has happened. It's hard to believe he has killed these innocent people."

She described Cauchi as a 'true gentleman' but admitted they only met in person once as he wasn't her type. Despite this the pair continued their relationship into 2021. "He was a very nice guy. Well spoken. I only saw him once but we did text for a good year after that," she said. "He came across a little too nerdy for me to be honest, but we still kept in touch. I live on the Gold Coast and he lived in Brisbane at the time."

Another woman who claims to have dated Cauchi said she stopped seeing him due to his odd behaviour. "We went to church together. I went on a few coffee dates with him, but he had compulsions," she said. "It was a bit weird so I stopped messaging him, then he said he was moving away. I'm in shock."

One person, claiming to be in the knifeman's 'close circle of friends' during high school in Toowoomba in south-east Queensland, gave some background to Cauchi's reported strange behaviour. "He was one of those ones at school that was shy, always a bit on the weird side, but whenever he did something it was always full tilt," they wrote. "In hindsight he probably didn't regulate that well. Dropped off the radar after school but to my knowledge he didn't maintain any friendships with his circle of school mates."

The close friend of Cauchi also touched on their experience with his family. "I played at his house a couple of times in early high school and he played at mine," they said. "His mum was the sweetest thing ever, dad was prone to outbursts - in the few instances I saw - although it probably wouldn't have been labelled that way back in the mid 90s."

The family appear to have had a strained relationship, with some neighbours claiming they last saw Cauchi banging on his parents' door, which they refused to open.

1669797-damien-guerot-le-heros-francais-de-l-attaque-a-sydney.jpg

A Frenchman who picked up a plastic pole and courageously faced off with the knife-wielding maniac who killed six people at an Australian mall has been told he can stay in the country as long as he likes — as Aussie women swoon over his heroic actions.

Damien Guerot, known online as the viral 'Bollard Man', confronted Joel Cauchi during his crazed attack Saturday, stopping him in his tracks on an escalator by aiming the heavy base of a pole directly at him.

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese

1267.jpg

said that Guerot, whose visa expires in a month, could stay in Australia as long as he liked and that he was someone the country would 'welcome becoming an Australian citizen.'

“I say this to Damien Guerot — who is dealing with his visa applications — that you are welcome here, you are welcome to stay for as long as you like,” Albanese told reporters [on] Tuesday. “This is someone who we would welcome becoming an Australian citizen, although that would of course be a loss for France.”

Opposition leader Peter Dutton

dd3caf56c495f150de79cd913932019f

agreed, saying that Guerot — who was seen in surveillance footage putting his life on the line to try to stop Cauchi’s stabbing spree, 'embodies the Anzac spirit,' news.com.au reported.

Last edited:
Yes it a balancing act but what we are doing is certainly not working in most "western" countries.

Such mass murder is exceedinly rare though.

People on the right will argue that it is wrong to infringe on the rights of the vast majority of gun owners because a tiny few engage in crimminal acts. In the same vein I do not think it is right to make laws that will undoubtedly be used to make life worse for countless people with mental health issues because a tiny tiny few slipped through the cracks.

Fooled? What was there to be fooled by other than their own bigotry?
ooooh no no no no... Even a shit ton of muslim defenders came out and started deflecting and defending (the "reasoning") the guy.

You gotta remember, the first couple photos that surfaced were super dark and grainy making it look brownish-tan.

He was a good looking guy. He must have had serious issues to be such a loner.
Maybe he didn't try hard enough to meet friends.

Side note: I am always flabbergasted by these dudes. The headline will read, "Arrested for , kidnapping, murder, possession of meth". I scroll down to see the mug shot of this dirt bag and see that he has a glorious full head of hair. I'm like WHAT THE F#$% DUDE!! There is no god!! Even though I am cue bald I'm loving life and kicking ass in all aspects.

Last edited:
ooooh no no no no... Even a shit ton of muslim defenders came out and started deflecting and defending (the "reasoning") the guy.

You gotta remember, the first couple photos that surfaced were super dark and grainy making it look brownish-tan.
It's the dark and grainy bit you "gotta remember". It's exactly my point and why I repeat, what was there to be fooled by other than their own bigotry?

Maybe he didn't try hard enough to meet friends.

Side note: I am always flabbergasted by these dudes. The headline will read, "Arrested for , kidnapping, murder, possession of meth". I scroll down to see the mug shot of this dirt bag and see that he has a glorious full head of hair. I'm like WHAT THE F#$% DUDE!! There is no god!! Even though I am cue bald I'm loving life and kicking ass in all aspects.
Nothing I hate more than a whiner with a glorious mane... Us bald fellas have to get out there and work the hell out of a room to get some love lol.

Though on the subject, it goes to show how much we need others for comfort and our mental health. To be completely isolated from most of humanity, even if it is your "fault" due to lack of social skills and the like, will tear most folks down. There is no real helping this, and these kinds of attacks will happen again. Just keep an eye out for people walking this path.

In the same vein I do not think it is right to make laws that will undoubtedly be used to make life worse for countless people with mental health issues because a tiny tiny few slipped through the cracks.
Do you think this is ultimately why we as a society haven't made more advancements in making mental health care more available and less stigmatized?

It's the dark and grainy bit you "gotta remember". It's exactly my point and why I repeat, what was there to be fooled by other than their own bigotry?
Was it bigotry or playing the odds of who did what based on historical events? That line seems to get blurred more often today.

Back