The Brexit "divorce bill"

I already gave you quotes from Davis. Why is only one side gospel.

I'm not looking at any side, I'm looking at the number of UK retirees and expats living abroad in the EU, the average value of pensions, etc.

I don't need to look to someone else to tell me how to think.

But their not now. The UK pensioners that are receiving EU pensions earned their pensions.
<{CMPALM}>

They earned their pensions, correct, that's why the UK government still needs to pay their agreed share for their citizens.

<{CMPALM}>

They earned their pensions, correct, that's why the UK government still needs to pay their agreed share for their citizens.

Does the EU still exist? Are these pensions issued by the EU? Were these pensions promised by the EU? Were these pensions earned?

The divorce bill was first about EU subsidies in farming and such shit, now "pensions" is everyone's favorite word like that's 40billy.

Leftists here so smug and high horse like any and everything the EU says is set in stone and gospel. Look at what the guy involved is saying:

You have to honor commitments. You don't accept huge sums the opposition demands. Once again the left so sure of themselves.

Is that the guy that showed up at the Brexit talks without a single piece of paper?
Also, you don't understand the issue. Those were commitments the UK made (it's not clear if they are legally required to pay them).
The EU simple says you have to pay those commitments or there is no deal.
That is set in stone. The UK can walk at any time from that. But that was clear before the Brexit.

Does the EU still exist? Are these pensions issued by the EU? Were these pensions promised by the EU? Were these pensions earned?

The EU member states all agreed to pay their share for their citizens.

Why should UK citizens and politicians be allowed to take their ball and go home and keep their pensions without paying for them?

Nigel fucking Farage has an EU pension ffs.

I'm not looking at any side, I'm looking at the number of UK retirees and expats living abroad in the EU, the average value of pensions, etc.

I don't need to look to someone else to tell me how to think.

Extortionate pension number is about Eurocrats.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/8...ion-transition-period-Theresa-May-Donald-Tusk

One of the biggest reasons for the extortionate bill is the lack of contributions made by MEPs to their pension.

Retired MEPs are treated to a pension worth more than €17,000 for every five year term completed without any contributions.

Sir Bill Cash, Conservative MP for Stone and chairman of the Commons European scrutiny committee, stated that the government needs to show a greater resistance to “airy fairy” requests from the EU.

He said: “It is not in Britain’s national interest to make payments driven by the EU’s administrative largesse.

As you can see there is room for negotiation against huge sums. It's not an open and shut case.

Dude, UK has 250,000 retirees living abroad in EU countries, NOT counting Ireland.

I don't even have to talk about the politicians to get near the $40B figure.
So what you're saying is that the link I gave you is peddling horseshit? Where is your counter link? If it shows the above is missing important info and fake news then it will show it and the huge sums are justified.

The EU member states all agreed to pay their share for their citizens.

Why should UK citizens and politicians be allowed to take their ball and go home and keep their pensions without paying for them?

Nigel fucking Farage has an EU pension ffs.
Farage having an EU pension is disgusting and cynical. The EU is more than free to discontinue earned pensions that they promised. That won't create uncertainty for citizens of member nations.

So what you're saying is that the link I gave you is peddling horseshit? Where is your counter link?

What I'm saying is, while that may or may not be true, there are still hundreds of thousands of UK citizens living abroad that the UK government still needs to support.

What I'm saying is, while that may or may not be true, there are still hundreds of thousands of UK citizens living abroad that the UK government still needs to support.
No. They've earned EU pensions. The EU is responsible for paying those pensions.

No. They've earned EU pensions. The EU is responsible for paying those pensions.

And the UK was a member of the EU while those citizens were contributing to the pensions, and the UK agreed to pay for their citizens pensions.

And the UK was a member of the EU while those citizens were contributing to the pensions, and the UK agreed to pay for their citizens pensions.
I thought these were EU pensions.

The UK agreed to pay for lots of things when they were in the UK. We're leaving the EU, we're not turning our back on the financial obligations we've already agreed to pay for. That would classify as going back on our word, and that's not exactly something we want to do when we're trying to negotiate a deal which will define the future of our country.

We've already agreed to hundreds of billions of investments, subsidies and other contributions. It's mutually understood this has to stop since we're leaving, and the divorce bill is basically going to be whatever the fuck europe ask for to keep them happy, because we're going into these negotiations with the weakest prime minister we've had for 40 years, and absolutely no chips on the table.

Back