The hardest hardship you've been through?

My 21st birthday was spent in a hospital with my dying dad. I guess that time in my life wasn't all that good. But whatever, everything is relative. A million ways to look at things. I remember when Mike Tyson's daughter accidentally hung herself to death on a loose cord in his house. Mike was all like "What right do I have to be super upset, when everyone goes through terrible things?" or something like that. It was shocking to hear, and he is crazy, but still he had an interesting perspective...

I once had to fight hobos for a hot grate outside the train station in Bratislava

Level of hardship is subjective. Person who lost job might feel just as bad as someone who lost limb in accident. So why do I need to say that my greatest hardship was losing my dog when someone else will say they have lost house in a fire and the biggest hardship.

But to be fair my life so far is to some degree hardship free. I am of good health (so far), financially stable (nothing crazy) got my job (not perfect but a job) and thats it.

img_1400.jpg

My mom got sick and I watched her decline for years before she passed. Over the next 6 months Dad's dementia grew to full out Alzheimer's, probably from the stress of losing Mom. Sib is in another state so it was pretty much up to me. He made it a couple years before he passed. It affected me in many ways, some that kind of fucked up my life for a while.

When a good dog dies, it's heartbreaking for the owner.
RIP my friend

Um..Okay..

Loss of my first dog and having to carry her and bury her.

Losing 2 grandparents in a week.

My Grandfather suffering dementia

My wife losing our first child. Went in for the scan all upbeat and happy and to be told in a very brutal fashion that it was dead. We lost several others after that but that was the worst.

One of our cats getting run over at less than 2 years old. She didn't deserve that, she was such a loving soul and I miss the heck out of her. If you'd have told me if have wept so much over a cat a few years ago I'd have laughed but she was something special..

When we almost lost our 2 year old son, although that's not even the hardship part. It's taking care of him now that's a hardship, yet a blessing. I'm usually very private when it comes to him, but maybe when I have more time I can post the story. I want to be more open about it since it helps with awareness and I guess Sherdog is a good place to start since I don't know anyone here in real life :eek:

Was only 3 lbs when i was born, 2.5 months early, but don't remember that so don't count it...
Deployed to Somalia/Djibouti and Afghanistan
but the worst thing I've been through were two separate 34 Mile Ruck Marches. Shit was like death

There was years when my father didn't even make a-hundred-grand—or barely made a-hundred-grand—and sure we had a maid, but she only came twice a week. What do you think happened the other five days? You think those dishes washed themselves? You think those clothes got themselves in the hamper?

My father died un expectingly when I was 16.

It fucked me up. I quit going to school and wound up dropping out.

Honestly recently has been hard. I can barely afford shoes and socks its retarded. Good news is I got a second job like an hour ago. it was stupid hard to find someone that needed work for the hours I'm available.
I

I’m lucky I’ve never had to go through any serious ordeals; however, I’ve never been able to find a good career I can stay at. Also, I’ve never been able to find a long term companion. I’ve had no trouble finding women, but can’t keep one very long. Overall, I attribute it to not getting along with my girlfriends, and/or her parents or friends.

Losing my dad 2 1/2 years ago

Nothing else has really come all that close.

In 2011 I couldn't take a dump for an entire week.

Day three is when you start to be concerned. I think a lot of us have been to day three and came out unscathed.

Day five begins to hurt. You feel like ass because one day ago you piled on some Mexican food in hopes that would push things through, but it didn't.

Day six is miserable. You've stopped eating. What's inside you is getting moldy. Death is just around the doorstep. Drinking beer is the only answer.

Day 7. Halleluja! It comes out in spurts, it's black, but it's out!

Mine was self-induced (alcoholism) so I can't really complain lol

Same. And lot of other addictions. But I was able to stop all that. I'm in a life or death struggle with alcoholism as we speak, I think.

Living in a mobile home in a cold as balls winter, the sink waste froze, then the taps, then the toilet bowl..

2 weeks of having to shit in the snow.

My Dad died of a heart attack in my arms on Sept 28th. I gave him compressions, he was gone. My mother died 2 weeks later of a broken heart. The pain was incredible, as they were great people and we were all close. The whole month was torture. I’m getting through it now, as life moves on. But it SUCKED.

Even as bad as it was and is.....I can’t imagine what parent of a terminally ill child goes through. Or ones that have lost children. My kids are good, that I’m thankful for.

In the grand schemes of things, I've never really gone through any traumatic or terrible events in my life, I thought they were, but nothing that a few months of working through it can't fix. I'm truly blessed.

Parents were out of the country for work and was living with grandmother who had a huge bipolar episode and felt like a hostage in that house until they could fly back and grab me up. Strange times.

Back