The hardest hardship you've been through?

My ex and i were trying to have a kid, got her pregnant, two months later we got in to a fight and she aborted the baby, I lost my shit for a bit. We broke up, and I took that harder than I should of.
My family pretty much not wanting anything to do with me because i called my mom put on her alcoholism, and my sister pretty much cut off all contact from me.
That and when I had to put my Beagle down, that dog was the only one there for me when everyone left in my life, and I had to do some soul searching.
The Beagle honestly helped my depression and suicidal thoughts, and helped me see positive ness in my life.
I lost a part of me when the cancer finally took her.

Ive reaches some lowest of the lows from having my alcoholic mother, my older bipolar sister, and a horrible human being of an ex. But I’ve pulled through it all, and all I can really say, is it’s only gotta be up from here

I didn't think so many sherdoggers would have had such hardships. Didn't think that was possible being 6'3 and jacked with 10/10 aesthetics.

Bankruptcy.

It got to the point where my phone was ringing all day every day and people were starting to visit my house. The tipping point was when my car got repoed and then they sued me for the remaining balance after the auction.

Wow that sucks. Financial troubles must be one of the worst "common" hardships modern people. I went through a time when I had literally 20 bucks at most in my pocket and had to make excuses why I couldn't go out when my friends asked me to hang out. When I told them I didn't have money they would be like "come on just one drink, it's not that expensive." Spending 5-6 bucks on a beer was a quarter of my entire wealth lol. Luckily though my parents let me stay with them so I didn't have to starve.

been through many throughout my life. But at the moment, our dog is getting surgery and i'm praying everything goes well.

I struggle hard with the booze. Started off innocent enough when I was 19. Ten years later it's evolved into a real addiction that has hospitalized me a few times. I've talked about it in another thread recently, but I'll likely be moving home to get help. I know there is a debate about whether or not alcoholism should be considered a disease. I don't really have an opinion either way, but I know I blame myself. If I could just avoid the first drink, my life would basically be perfect. I can honestly say that every single problem I've had in the last ten years has been the result of the liquor.

Anyway, San Dimas high school footbal rules!

Many, but my first memorable one was being sent away at about 13 for just about a year and a half. I wasn't prepared for that and it really took me awhile to adjust to it. Was genuinely terrified and the idea of being forced somewhere without freedom was a tough one cope with.

Some dude on sherdog called me a casual. Had to see a therapist for six months after. Was brutal.

My last three years have been hard with a capital A ..
Without going into to much detail

Betrayed by the wife .. (Now ex)
Lost my house
My job
Diagnosed with an auto immune diesease

Yeah its been ruff

My only struggle has been trying to not cheat on my wife, who has no interest in me.

Otherwise, life's sweet.

I've had a privileged, easy life. Going to jail a few times wasn't fun but it wasn't that bad and I was only there for 30 days at the longest.

Sometimes I look on bestgore at the horrible fates people suffer and then I really appreciate my good life.

My last three years have been hard with a capital A ..
Without going into to much detail

Betrayed by the wife .. (Now ex)
Lost my house
My job
Diagnosed with an auto immune diesease

Yeah its been ruff
Check out aip diet bro.

Idgaf if I'm a millionaire, I'd never pay that much money for a fuckin' condiment out of principle. Are you kidding me?
Guac is supposed to be good for you though. I blow so much money on food and supplements that are supposedly healthy.

Was involved in a serious car accident when I was 16 where my bestfriend almost died (he was the driver). I remember running a block away to get his parents when it happened and seeing his mom just break down.

Other than that, it’s just been a series of different things throughout the years, mostly self induced and some of which affected the people I love. It’s like this deep seeded regret I have. Life goes on, but it taught me to appreciate things a lot more

Having friends die violently (streets, military) and you weren't there to go down with them.

Having friends fight for their lives and you weren't there with them.

Especially hearing the recollections of how they fought til the end, returned fire, etc.

It can be an emotional process. You can even shoulder some of the blame. In a weird way you feel like you failed them, even if it wasn't possible for you to have known they were going to face that or it wasn't possible for you to be there.

I've got another hardship but that one is more personal to me, and I am less willing to post about.

You guys are some really tough customers.

I wish you all the best.

Looking for a site named Suredog and settling with Sherdog.

My internet went down for about nine hours once. I came close to resorting to reading a book!!

being alive apparently. Going to school full-time, working part-time,Being a land lord and being a care giver to my grandparents while not committing suicide.

But im lucky because when im under pressure i deal with things a lot better.

Back