The perspective of Ngannou looking amazing, explanations wanted.

No tape on Ngannou, so much tape to study Fury, preparing for a fight where you can’t study your opponent is a disadvantage, Fury would win in a rematch. With that being said Francis is a hell of a fighter and easily a top 5 HW. Big thing I noticed was Francis was simply stronger than Fury, Fury tossed Wilder around in clinch/shoves/pushes but couldn’t even move Francis an inch. Francis is a big powerful dude.

well yeah they're both about the same weight and ngannou is almost all muscle as opposed to fury .. so he easily countered fury power wise .. I agree with the first sentence .. fury wins the rematch probably tko ala wilder 2 .. he knows how to adjust ..

fury really should've never messed with this fight though .. the risk reward didn't add up .. he had everything to lose while ngannou had nothing to lose .. he was basically given a free shot, with no consequences, at the champ .. shouldn't have happened .. not while fury was an active pro anyways .. and especially given his mental ups and downs .. he set himself up perfectly for this clusterfuck .. well he got paid handsomely at least

Ngannou fumbled the bag when he decided to spend his prime in MMA instead of boxing. We'll never know how far he could've gone with that power. He wasn't able to set up shots really and it's just from lack of boxing training and skill. He spent his time focused on MMA striking, and you're dealing with way different guards to punch through and what punches will land. I think he could've been HW champ in boxing and reigned much longer if he went down that path. But yeah he had enough effective offense to make it close, but it would've been a complete mauling if he just had the basics engrained in him. He still probably could get a few more tricks down and close the gap and be a problem. Pretty cool to see.

He was an illegal immigrant living on the Paris streets when he was offered the mma route so he didn't exactly have a lot of options.

Disagree, most of the shots Francis threw in the clinch missed. But as I agreed with another poster he was physically impressive in that position and didn't let Fury handle him like he does most other boxers.

Not surprising there as ngannou is probably the strongest combat athlete in the world today and has muay Thai clinch training experience and wrestling training experience to boot. No pro boxer of ordinary background can hope to match that.

What u witnessed was a script

Whatever Fury and Ngannou may have agreed to, went out the window when Ngannou went off script to scampled Fury's brain in round 3.

So what is Furry's excuse for not putting Ngannou away in any of the next 7 rounds?

I love the excuses

Fuck all these conspiracy theory narratives.... Francis is just once in a generation combat sport athlete.

To set up a rematch where both guys will get an even bigger payday and fury can dominate to restore his reputation

The whole edifice of fury's standing is built on the illusion of his invincibility. The last thing fury will mess with is the idea of his superiority over other boxers let alone against a mma fighter boxing for the first time professionally.

I'm impressed, even if Tyson didn't train that seriously, he's still younger than Ngannou and has been boxing competitively since a teenager, I don't believe we got the best version of Fury but even so, he still should've had enough to beat a guy who's 0-0 and he couldn't, what Ngannou did is still incredibly impressive. He didn't overreact to feints, his reflex were on point, his timing was good, he was very effective parrying punches, landed good counters and fought with great composure, plus add to the fact he went 10 rounds whilst being 270lb+ and his cardio still held up.

I think Fury made a mistake with this fight, both physically and mentally, he's use to having an advantage over guys with weight, this didn't work at all against Ngannou, he may have faired better being lighter and more agile on his feet.

To set up a rematch where both guys will get an even bigger payday and fury can dominate to restore his reputation

...to set up a theoretical maybe rematch a year or two later by blowing a guaranteed Uysk fight worth hundreds of millions of dollars only 6 weeks away in the process...

Truly you have a dizzying intellect sir.

You'd lose 7 mill interest in the meantime just on the 100 mill he gave up in December.

I’m not sure. But it has something to do with the hundreds of millions Saudi has invested in this sport. Them wanting both guys coming out good, so they can get even bigger fights from BOTH guys in the future, and the understanding that the lineal heavyweight champ should be able to carry and choreograph the fight to his liking.

What wasn’t planned, was Tyson being a fat bag of dogshit, and getting dropped by the beginner.

I’m not sure. But it has something to do with the hundreds of millions Saudi has invested in this sport. Them wanting both guys coming out good, so they can get even bigger fights from BOTH guys in the future, and the understanding that the lineal heavyweight champ should be able to carry and choreograph the fight to his liking.

What wasn’t planned, was Tyson being a fat bag of dogshit, and getting dropped by the beginner.

You're talking like the Saudi's need to make money directly off boxing.

i think you fundamentally misunderstand 2 things 1) how sportswashing works and it's goals

2) the Saudi's make $600-700 million per day from oil. And have done for decade after decade. Imagine if you had invested a fraction of that for 50 years...

They don't need to worry about the "hundreds of millions" they have invested. It's Tuesday's before morning tea money and forgotten by the end of the week. They don't care who fights, they'll hire whoever is famous at that moment.

You're talking like the Saudi's need to make money directly off boxing.

i think you fundamentally misunderstand 2 things 1) how sportswashing works and it's goals

2) the Saudi's make $600-700 million per day from oil. And have done for decade after decade. Imagine if you had invested a fraction of that for 50 years...

They don't need to worry about the "hundreds of millions" they have invested. It's Tuesday's before morning tea money and forgotten by the end of the week. They don't care who fights, they'll hire whoever is famous at that moment.
They care. Or else they wouldn’t be doing this. It’s not about the money, it’s about the global perception. They want to be a global center for Sports. Not an embarassing circus, for the rest of the world to laugh at.
But what do I know. That’s just how the puzzle pieces are fitting for me. I saw Tyson Fury missing wide open straight right hands. Just like Floyd was doing with Conor. It looked like they were trying to carry their opponents. The difference is, Tyson came in out of shape and underestimated Ngannou and got his ass dropped for it.

I don’t think the fight was fixed. Definitely not. I think there was an understanding on Fury’s side. That when they hand him $200m and a virgin, that he will be able to handle things and control the fight to a point of letting Ngannou have some success and the fight looking competitive. They just all slept on Ngannou though.

I drink a lot and do a lot of Adderall though, so my brains fuzzy at times lol

well yeah they're both about the same weight and ngannou is almost all muscle as opposed to fury .. so he easily countered fury power wise .. I agree with the first sentence .. fury wins the rematch probably tko ala wilder 2 .. he knows how to adjust ..

fury really should've never messed with this fight though .. the risk reward didn't add up .. he had everything to lose while ngannou had nothing to lose .. he was basically given a free shot, with no consequences, at the champ .. shouldn't have happened .. not while fury was an active pro anyways .. and especially given his mental ups and downs .. he set himself up perfectly for this clusterfuck .. well he got paid handsomely at least

Fury basically did the same mistake that apolo creed did in rocky I when he agreed to give rocky a chance to fight him thoigh he wasn't a contender. Although in this case there was no shot at the title.

They care. Or else they wouldn’t be doing this. It’s not about the money, it’s about the global perception. They want to be a global center for Sports. Not an embarassing circus, for the rest of the world to laugh at.
But what do I know. That’s just how the puzzle pieces are fitting for me. I saw Tyson Fury missing wide open straight right hands. Just like Floyd was doing with Conor. It looked like they were trying to carry their opponents. The difference is, Tyson came in out of shape and underestimated Ngannou and got his ass dropped for it.

I don’t think the fight was fixed. Definitely not. I think there was an understanding on Fury’s side. That when they hand him $200m and a virgin, that he will be able to handle things and control the fight to a point of letting Ngannou have some success and the fight looking competitive. They just all slept on Ngannou though.

I drink a lot and do a lot of Adderall though, so my brains fuzzy at times lol

If "there was an understanding"... then it was fixed...

And fixing fights SO obviously that an alcoholic prescription drug addict can spot it, doesn't ACTUALLY do much good for the Saudi reputation does it? Almost the opposite...

So why waste $200 million on a farce so badly run any idiot can see it is a con job- instead of just spending 200 million to look good, and reap all the benefits? What is the Saudi logic? Spend $200 mill to make themselves look awful when they could spend the same and look good without a fix?

Occam's razor is a helluva thing.

And fixing fights SO obviously that an alcoholic prescription drug addict can spot it, doesn't ACTUALLY do much good for the Saudi reputation does it? Almost the opposite...

So why waste $200 million on a farce so badly run any idiot can see it is a con job- instead of just spending 200 million to look good, and reap all the benefits? What is the Saudi logic? Spend $200 mill to make themselves look awful when they could spend the same and look good without a fix?

Who needs ocean's razor when u can use Wishful Thinking electric shaver to trim your beard exactly how you prefer it to be

Are you one of those who can’t come to grips with the hard truth that Floyd carried Conor?

because that’s all I’m saying Tyson went into this match with the intention of doing. But he’s not Floyd, and Francis isn’t Conor. So it didn’t work out as planned.

I wouldn’t call the Floyd/Conor fight “fixed”. But there was 10000% an understanding on Floyds side that he was entering that match, with the intention of dragging it out, making it look competitive and letting Conor feel like he had some success. Malignaggi has said publicly that Floyd told him that was the plan.

Not sure what is so hard for you to understand …

He was an illegal immigrant living on the Paris streets when he was offered the mma route so he didn't exactly have a lot of options.
Fair enough. I just feel like fans missed out.

Fair enough. I just feel like fans missed out.

According to Takam he trained boxing in cameroon and hes always been a boxer.

Not sure where i saw it, i got 50 tabs and my phone closed them or maybe i misread it. .. idk.

There are many guys from cameroon in germany/italy and from my exp shit ton of them trained boxing and had some "illegal" boxing matches.

Ngannou looked OK. Amazing is a pretty big stretch. Fury looked awful.

Back