The perspective of Ngannou looking amazing, explanations wanted.

HW boxing did yeah, but HW boxing has been considered a joke for years by hardcore boxing fans.

You match up non heavyweight elite boxers vs elite MMA fighters, it'll look like Floyd Vs Mcgregory 9/10 at least.
Did everyone forget Kubrat Pulev broke Frank Mirs neck and KOd him in 1 round.

You can tell OP is biased, as he attributes none of Tyson's inability to perform to Ngannous strategy and skills. It's all just some hating ass shit.

Francis wasn't fighting like a ''boxer.'' it completely threw Tyson for a loop.
most fighters guys face early on in their careers are awkward and have shitty technique. it’s nothing fury hasn’t seen before. ngannou’s accuracy & willingness to mix up his attack worked well. i don’t think either guy threw enough punches overall tbh

You gotta stop making excuses. The heavyweight champ arguably lost to a guy in his first ever boxing match. That doesn't just happen due to lack of prep or being lazy. It's because the skill gap is a lot less than you all thought.

Francis did not look great, but he was a tank..he took shots with no problem and was too strong for Fury in the clinch...which Tyson absolutely should have expected.

Fury looked like hot garbage and was flailing for most of the fight...but I may be biased as I have always thought Fury looked like an awkward goof.

Fights this close, by definition, can not be called a robbery. If you think either fighter was a “clear winner” you clearly don’t know the sport.

What u witnessed was a script

What sort of breakdown would you have if you accepted the reality that Fury was matched by an MMA brawler turned boxer with no prior boxing experience?

Like other top boxers, Fury is a competitor above all. He would never throw a match, he has way too much pride.

Tyson Fury doesnt have power but he could gain more power if he sticks to the right training routine which he never did. Half dead Whyte and or 40lbs smaller Wilder aint proof for power.

He was pretty much flat footed and not alive last night. No balance nor legs.

Long story short, i hope Fury comes back ... there are some fight i wanna see.

Ngannou fumbled the bag when he decided to spend his prime in MMA instead of boxing. We'll never know how far he could've gone with that power. He wasn't able to set up shots really and it's just from lack of boxing training and skill. He spent his time focused on MMA striking, and you're dealing with way different guards to punch through and what punches will land. I think he could've been HW champ in boxing and reigned much longer if he went down that path. But yeah he had enough effective offense to make it close, but it would've been a complete mauling if he just had the basics engrained in him. He still probably could get a few more tricks down and close the gap and be a problem. Pretty cool to see.

All around bad.

I was shutting down over my mom melting down and my dad blaming me for it. He dragged me by my hair once so hard it started spitting the skin on my scalp. When I told my mom about this she said "well, if you tell the cops you'll just be sent to foster care". It was only later I realized that CPS would have just sent my dad off someplace but living with my mom would have been just as much of a joke. She had this thing of telling you that "in the real world no one will like you" for not doing trivial things. If you didn't clean your room it was "you will never have a girlfriend if you are messy" and no one will love you if" or "you think this is bad, wait until you have kids". So much projection of my mom's insecurities and mental illness. My dad then tried hard to convince me to go to boarding school like it would be good for me and when I would go to his business, he would in front of me tell the workers that I was dumb and "the emptiest drum makes the loudest noise". This was unprovoked by anything just me showing up to get my check for cleaning the office. He would shake me and say stupid shit like "you are temporary and me and your mother are forever" I didn't have any friends really after 10th grade and was basically shutting down. My dad just worked away on wearing me down to avoid me being vocal about how boundaries were being overstepped. I didn't realize what he was doing at the time. I understood some of what was going on and was vocal about that at the time, which made me the brunt of things, but never understood the full extent of how intentional it all was, to be treated like or lesser than an animal. For the longest time, I thought my mom was completely crazy and my dad was ok but after having my own kid I saw him as just straight-up cruel and manipulative. Does my kid say dumb stuff? Occasionally, but I don't know how anyone is supposed to take it personally when they are still an unfinished product that you are trying to mold into a healthy adult. I was one of the cooler kids (or I thought I was with how much fun things were) in 8th grade but after that I just couldn't handle the nonsense.

My parents are still in denial over what they did and how they did it. I only recently came to the conclusion in therapy that there will never be any resolution of any kind. At best, I just get "I don't remember that" whenever I bring anything up. The very core of having any relationship with them depends on me just forgetting what they did and who they are. I really never had a chance even at a lot of things and it was only a miracle that I made it through college and finished my degree. Everyone around town thinks my dad is an amazing person but my parents were extremely good at putting on fronts when in public or people were over. I have a hard time thinking of someone more despicable and lacking of any sort of empathy as my dad. The only sort of empathetic response that you'll get from him is something that is tied to making him feel good, which in of itself is nothing more than liking your own ego being pumped. Anything else, forget about it whether it comes to reconciling failures in parenting, relations, or something less significant like tipping or paying for their half of something unprompted. My father lives under these illusion that his kids should be grateful for food and a roof over their heads. Like that isn't the bare minimum to keeping anything alive or that his kid's somehow choose to be born.

High school to me was just buying time until I could leave. I wish I could pepper it up with nice memories or whatever but it was just all bad, stressful, and full of neglect and manipulation. Someone could say at least there wasn't tremendous amounts of physical or drug abuse but that doesn't change anything on my side. I suppose what I could say is that if you have kids, remember that it is your job to try to mold them into healthy and productive adults and nothing is personal. I get the feeling that a lot of adults fall back onto "well, it was their decision" or "I couldn't do anything else" or "well, they just fell into a bad group of friends or alcohol or whatever" as a reason for abdicating their role as an adult that is trying to mold a maturing and blossoming adult. When someone fails at parenting, and it is not a one-time thing, it is a hard and steady push all the way through, they are setting up someone to have difficulties with having healthy relationships with other people, making it very likely they underperform careerwise. and more importantly, setting a poor example as to how they should raise their own kids. Just setting up a situation that makes it hard for that person to be as happy as they could have and raise their kids to be happy. Poor parenting is often a sin passed down for generations due to people just falling into bad habits they grew up with and not taking ownership of the results.

So no. There isn't anything I would really call fun or interesting about my high school years. I had all those years basically stolen from me just as someone convicted of a crime they didn't do. I might as well have been in jail or foster care or boarding school because my home life was a complete nightmare.

I'm sorry to hear that.

All around bad.

I was shutting down over my mom melting down and my dad blaming me for it. He dragged me by my hair once so hard it started spitting the skin on my scalp. When I told my mom about this she said "well, if you tell the cops you'll just be sent to foster care". It was only later I realized that CPS would have just sent my dad off someplace but living with my mom would have been just as much of a joke. She had this thing of telling you that "in the real world no one will like you" for not doing trivial things. If you didn't clean your room it was "you will never have a girlfriend if you are messy" and no one will love you if" or "you think this is bad, wait until you have kids". So much projection of my mom's insecurities and mental illness. My dad then tried hard to convince me to go to boarding school like it would be good for me and when I would go to his business, he would in front of me tell the workers that I was dumb and "the emptiest drum makes the loudest noise". This was unprovoked by anything just me showing up to get my check for cleaning the office. He would shake me and say stupid shit like "you are temporary and me and your mother are forever" I didn't have any friends really after 10th grade and was basically shutting down. My dad just worked away on wearing me down to avoid me being vocal about how boundaries were being overstepped. I didn't realize what he was doing at the time. I understood some of what was going on and was vocal about that at the time, which made me the brunt of things, but never understood the full extent of how intentional it all was, to be treated like or lesser than an animal. For the longest time, I thought my mom was completely crazy and my dad was ok but after having my own kid I saw him as just straight-up cruel and manipulative. Does my kid say dumb stuff? Occasionally, but I don't know how anyone is supposed to take it personally when they are still an unfinished product that you are trying to mold into a healthy adult. I was one of the cooler kids (or I thought I was with how much fun things were) in 8th grade but after that I just couldn't handle the nonsense.

My parents are still in denial over what they did and how they did it. I only recently came to the conclusion in therapy that there will never be any resolution of any kind. At best, I just get "I don't remember that" whenever I bring anything up. The very core of having any relationship with them depends on me just forgetting what they did and who they are. I really never had a chance even at a lot of things and it was only a miracle that I made it through college and finished my degree. Everyone around town thinks my dad is an amazing person but my parents were extremely good at putting on fronts when in public or people were over. I have a hard time thinking of someone more despicable and lacking of any sort of empathy as my dad. The only sort of empathetic response that you'll get from him is something that is tied to making him feel good, which in of itself is nothing more than liking your own ego being pumped. Anything else, forget about it whether it comes to reconciling failures in parenting, relations, or something less significant like tipping or paying for their half of something unprompted. My father lives under these illusion that his kids should be grateful for food and a roof over their heads. Like that isn't the bare minimum to keeping anything alive or that his kid's somehow choose to be born.

High school to me was just buying time until I could leave. I wish I could pepper it up with nice memories or whatever but it was just all bad, stressful, and full of neglect and manipulation. Someone could say at least there wasn't tremendous amounts of physical or drug abuse but that doesn't change anything on my side. I suppose what I could say is that if you have kids, remember that it is your job to try to mold them into healthy and productive adults and nothing is personal. I get the feeling that a lot of adults fall back onto "well, it was their decision" or "I couldn't do anything else" or "well, they just fell into a bad group of friends or alcohol or whatever" as a reason for abdicating their role as an adult that is trying to mold a maturing and blossoming adult. When someone fails at parenting, and it is not a one-time thing, it is a hard and steady push all the way through, they are setting up someone to have difficulties with having healthy relationships with other people, making it very likely they underperform careerwise. and more importantly, setting a poor example as to how they should raise their own kids. Just setting up a situation that makes it hard for that person to be as happy as they could have and raise their kids to be happy. Poor parenting is often a sin passed down for generations due to people just falling into bad habits they grew up with and not taking ownership of the results.

So no. There isn't anything I would really call fun or interesting about my high school years. I had all those years basically stolen from me just as someone convicted of a crime they didn't do. I might as well have been in jail or foster care or boarding school because my home life was a complete nightmare.

Ngannou fumbled the bag when he decided to spend his prime in MMA instead of boxing. We'll never know how far he could've gone with that power. He wasn't able to set up shots really and it's just from lack of boxing training and skill. He spent his time focused on MMA striking, and you're dealing with way different guards to punch through and what punches will land. I think he could've been HW champ in boxing and reigned much longer if he went down that path. But yeah he had enough effective offense to make it close, but it would've been a complete mauling if he just had the basics engrained in him. He still probably could get a few more tricks down and close the gap and be a problem. Pretty cool to see.

He was always gifted athletically with dynamite power in both hands. He was a great striker but a bad wrestler starting MMA, he spent so much time improving his wrestling game on route to becoming UFC champion, what could’ve been had he focused on boxing.

Ngannous clinch game was more of a problem than power. But that temple shot fucked him up. I do know how that feels.

Fury’s so used to being the superior clincher and getting the best of pushes/shoves and overall ring control. Bullied Wilder but Ngannou wouldn’t move an inch, seemed that threw Fury off a bit not being used to it. Ngannou is built like a tank with above average boxing skills & dynamite power in both hands but his superior strength & balance was probably the bigger problem for Fury.

most fighters guys face early on in their careers are awkward and have shitty technique. it’s nothing fury hasn’t seen before. ngannou’s accuracy & willingness to mix up his attack worked well. i don’t think either guy threw enough punches overall tbh

Elite boxers figure out unorthodox boxers after a couple rounds max. Ngannou was the real deal & Fury had an oh shit moment.

Because having a split decision where he was 'dropped' by Ngannou makes Ngannou look good (and launches his pro boxing career). Leads to the Usyk fight where Fury actually trains and fights properly. If he retains, he goes for Joshua fight before retiring. If he loses, Ngannou Fury 2.

Both made a boatload of money and also makes people think Usyk has more of a chance. It's all about money and betting. Nothing else.

The usyk fight that was only 2 months later and that wouldn't have been enough for him to move itself from being unprepared and super prepared if he had truly been poorly conditioned for this fight? The usyk fight that now will likely be postponed despite how lucrative it is and how important it is to the saudi paymasters due to the knockdown ans the cut he received from nganno???

Ngannou didn't do anything impressive. The fight shifted momentum based on what Fury was doing.
Ngannou just came to counter punch.
When Fury stayed outside with an active jab it was an easy fight for Fury.
When he got out of character and tried to attack aggressively he gave Ngannou a chance.
Fury was in control of what happened but showed low ring IQ by not sticking consistently with his strengths.

Back