The perspective of Ngannou looking amazing, explanations wanted.

Francis wasn't fighting like a ''boxer.'' it completely threw Tyson for a loop.

I had a weird feeling that might be the case, if Ngannou exceeded expectations, this would be a factor, and it was.

Boxers are boxers, and though styles vary wildly, they just have certain techniques, approaches, answers to things, tells etc - that are unique to boxing. Training in boxing gyms for years and years, all they are used to is boxers. Even if boxers' styles differ dramatically, there's a certain level of rhythm and timing that is unique to boxing, by and large.

Francis' style is weird, even by MMA standards. He doesn't have much of a rhythm, he is awkward, throws punches from odd angles, and has unpredictable timing.

Fury looked legimitely confused by Ngannou, like he didn't really know how to approach him, or how to time him.

I know u were asking somebody else but here's my 2 cents

I was impressed that he not only stayed in the pocket with Fury but he kept pressing forward most of the time.

His check left hook was on point

He landed a shot right to the center gut as fury was moving in at 1 point that was so picture perfect it reminded me of Mike Tysons punchout when Lil Mac would gut shot glass Joe.

He tied up fury's lead arm nicely a lot of the time

He ate furys punches (and elbow) like pancakes

Breaking out of the clinch, I like the way he was doing that

He just refused to let fury bully him , and that is NOT what I expected. At all, lol.

His check left hook was on point - I didn't see that, he missed a majority of them...it looked slow to me.

He tied up fury's lead arm nicely a lot of the time - Another poster commented on his clinch work and I will agree, his physical presence (not his offence) in the clinch were good.

He ate furys punches (and elbow) like pancakes - The elbow was accidental 100%, but yes Ngannous chin is solid, he took some nice shots and nothing phased him. However that is not a technical boxing skill but hey it will get you far in the sport lol.

Refusing to let Fury bully him - 100% agree, not a boxing skill but his mindset and determination were spot on, he was not intimidated at all.

Thanks for the honest response and I agree with most of what you said, but I still did not see anything special from Francis and that is not loaded with hate as I had no dog in this fight. I just saw a basic boxer that performed well against a guy who thought he was going to have a walk in the park, Fury's ego is too big and I hope that fight took the chip off his shoulder.

Francis beat Fury up in the clinch as well, and landed more of the power shots. Their faces after told the story.
Disagree, most of the shots Francis threw in the clinch missed. But as I agreed with another poster he was physically impressive in that position and didn't let Fury handle him like he does most other boxers.

I was impressed
A 37 year old MMA fighter who hasn't fought in 2 years, has 0 boxing bouts, knocked down the supposed greatest HW of this generation, and made it extremely competitive with many thinking he won

77127839-12684277-image-a-23_1698534282997.jpg
Both fighters are a prime example of age is just a number. The older francais looked like a burgeoning prospect while furry fought like a drunken dad at a baseball game. He has been using his slobbishness to trash other boxers so he seemed like the exact person this would happen to.

Do you remember anything about the video (title, creator, etc.) that might help me find it? That sounds interesting.
So I went back as far back as my Youtube account watch history would allow (apparently, July 19th), and it wasn't in there. This vid was posted some time back now, I'm not really sure when, could have been at any point over the last two years or so, but I tend to believe I saw it within the last year, but closer to a year ago. It was produced by a legit Youtube account, with great production and editing and apparent scientific fact, genetic breakdowns, tons of info that I took with a grain if salt at the time. Wasn't just some random guy posting an opinion while rubbing dander off his mustache. I wanna say it was a high profile boxing breakdown channel, but I'd be lying if I said I was confident in that. Right now the Youtube algorithm is set for Frank vs Fury, so everything coming back when I search is recent. I will continue looking for it, bc I'm interested in watching it again, myself, but it may prove difficult with the length of time that has past. If I find it I will let you know.

Man clearly rolled off his couch to collect a cheque.

This was always going to be a joke for him, till he got knocked down.
Yeah after the KD he literally just wanted to box for points lol, prior to that he was fighting like he was going for the kill. Serves him right though, he let his ego get the better of him and thought it would be a walk in the park.

Last edited:
That's a whole lot of words that can easily be explained by BOXING and BOXERS are OVERRATED. The worst version of Tyson Fury showing up should be easily able to beat Francis Ngannou in a boxing match.

You guys need to stop making excuses because HW boxing got exposed last night big time
lol shut up.

such a hater, i'm a casual in boxing and i'll can give you a break down.

Tyson likes to tire and be heavy on dudes, when he tried this Francis would put his forarm on his face and frame off which put Tyson on the back foot. Francis was looking to counter, wasn't biting on feints and was landing shot that were hurting Fury and Fury froze. It's that simple.

If you're going to play that game why don't you give a break down on what Tyson didn't do and what he should rather than put the owness on others and play the if you can't convince me game then i win. All you've done is spoken in generalities trying to play smart.
Ahh another poster with hate and anger in his heart, lol loser.

All I asked was for what Francis did to gain any evidence he was a great boxer as many are now calling him. As for what Fury didnt do...umm pretty much everything he normally does and yes that was due to Francis being basic.

As to your point captain casual:
Francis was looking to counter and wasnt biting on feints - He wasnt biting on feints because he is basic, he plodded forward and did exactly what he was told to do and all the credit to him for being so basic and making it work vs Fury but it was nothing special. If Fury actually prepared like he said he did that he should have been able to deal with such basic skills. The forearm on the face? That's called normal clinch work...happens in every fight regardless of weight class, nothing special except maybe when viewed by special people.

BTW no hate involved in my original post, I could care less which multi-millionaire won, I just am trying to figure out why people think Francis looked great.

Last edited:
Play dumb and I'll dumb it down for you, sure.

The bulk of posters that are trying to slander/minimize Francis at this point are UFC employees trying to stem the damage / hoping any of their narratives go viral among idiot fans. Only after you disseminate the narrative can you count on 80-IQ fans to parrot your talking points, in which case the majority of posts will be them instead of you.

You guys lost. Shutup and take it and stop slandering a fucking hero.
You guys lost? Stop slandering a fucking hero? What are you on about? lol. Sherdog contains some of the weirdest people around...looking to put on big boy pants in an online forum, no content to your post another than a fishing line.

That's a whole lot of words that can easily be explained by BOXING and BOXERS are OVERRATED. The worst version of Tyson Fury showing up should be easily able to beat Francis Ngannou in a boxing match.

You guys need to stop making excuses because HW boxing got exposed last night big time

HW boxing did yeah, but HW boxing has been considered a joke for years by hardcore boxing fans.

You match up non heavyweight elite boxers vs elite MMA fighters, it'll look like Floyd Vs Mcgregory 9/10 at least.

Fury thought Francis was gonna be like every other big HW who was gonna gas out after carrying Fury’s fat body for a couple of rounds. He underestimated Ngannous strength and ability to land big strikes in the pocket.

He underestimated Ngannous chin and how Ngannou could easily take his best shots and counter with his own bombs, bombs that Fury clearly didnt like to take.

And he underestimated Ngannous natural sense of timing/hand eye coordination/ and ability to find the chin, especially on the counter.

This resulted in Fury going back to his jabbing style and winning safe rounds.
Hey I agree with most of that, but it does not give any credit to the people saying Francis is a great boxer. But I do agree, Fury underestimated him 100% and paid for it...if anything that was his most embarrassing performance ever.

No tape on Ngannou, so much tape to study Fury, preparing for a fight where you can’t study your opponent is a disadvantage, Fury would win in a rematch. With that being said Francis is a hell of a fighter and easily a top 5 HW. Big thing I noticed was Francis was simply stronger than Fury, Fury tossed Wilder around in clinch/shoves/pushes but couldn’t even move Francis an inch. Francis is a big powerful dude.

Last edited:
lol no. You should have probably done that instead of make this thread.
Its a Sunday and I want answers!

Seriously though, I just do not get how people are calling Francis's performance amazing, great boxing etc. I just want an explanation from those who are making these claims and so far out of all the responses only a few have made any claims that have merit e.g. his physicality in the clinch. Most just want to go on another HW boxing exposed, you lost, suck it up lol...the usual sherdog shit.

Its a Sunday and I want answers!

Seriously though, I just do not get how people are calling Francis's performance amazing, great boxing etc. I just want an explanation from those who are making these claims and so far out of all the responses only a few have made any claims that have merit e.g. his physicality in the clinch. Most just want to go on another HW boxing exposed, you lost, suck it up lol...the usual sherdog shit.
It's amazing that a MMA fighter, boxing newb walked into the boxing world and made the HW champion of the world look average lol

So I went back as far back as my Youtube account watch history would allow (apparently, July 19th), and it wasn't in there. This vid was posted some time back now, I'm not really sure when, could have been at any point over the last two years or so, but I tend to believe I saw it within the last year, but closer to a year ago. It was produced by a legit Youtube account, with great production and editing and apparent scientific fact, genetic breakdowns, tons of info that I took with a grain if salt at the time. Wasn't just some random guy posting an opinion while rubbing dander off his mustache. I wanna say it was a high profile boxing breakdown channel, but I'd be lying if I said I was confident in that. Right now the Youtube algorithm is set for Frank vs Fury, so everything coming back when I search is recent. I will continue looking for it, bc I'm interested in watching it again, myself, but it may prove difficult with the length of time that has past. If I find it I will let you know.

Thank you very much! I'll look for it, too, and hit you up if i find it.

It's amazing that a MMA fighter, boxing newb walked into the boxing world and made the HW champion of the world look average lol
I am not disagreeing with that at all, I just disagree with the comments about how Francis looked amazing, a great boxer etc. Fury looked like shit imo.

Ngannou displaying nothing but basic boxing technique yet still managing to arguably win makes Fury look worse if anything.

Chortles.

Ngannou displaying nothing but basic boxing technique yet still managing to arguably win makes Fury look worse if anything.

Chortles.

I hope Usyk/Zhang/Joshua vs Fury happens so we can see where Fury really is.

I am failing to see your point here, yet sure throw some curse words around tough guy lol.

Response was on point (cursing option understood). Shills have the loudest voices, only parroting Daner's words , yet silence ensued, nothing but crickets after the best showing for any MMA fighter in the boxing ring - ever.

Fury teased the jbj fight and Daner said "Let's talk". That was only after saying no way it would be allowed with Francis, who had already earned 12 HW wins and the HW Championship. The decision to leave, as champion, earned Francis more in one fight than in his entire UFC career.

Back