Media Topuria Pulls Back Says He ONLY wants 3 Fighters For NEXT Fight - Wants to Defend Title Once Then Go For LW Belt

Another day, another fighter with the 'I'm gonna be champ-champ' BS.

Fighter wants big opportunities. News at 11.

Once again, you guys freak out over every little thing. Ilia can want whatever he likes but UFC calls the shots and he's not fighting for the LW belt any time soon.

I mean if he wants to fight Islam that’s cool, but he should vacate the FW title and go try to earn a title shot at LW if that’s the case

Just won the belt? This absolutely tracks.

- Win title = Call for "Superfight" or a fight with McGregor.
- Single defense = G.O.A.T.

Hell, it makes sense. Islam hasn't defended against an actual LW yet.

Is the FW belt the new interim LW belt?

Hope every future champ does this same stuff. Fuck dana and his bitch ass for encouraging this shit at the start for certain fighters, now the can of worms have done been open.

I think Topuria needs to at least beat Holloway and Evloev before we can definitely say he cleaned out the division. And Holloway might lose to Gaethje (or even win) and be essentially off the table.

Topuria going for double champ would work on his end... but definitely not with Islam. Makachev needs to beat a bunch of lightweight contenders still, he's so far behind in that division.

He's short. LWs are like 5'10 5'11. Not realistic.

Yair. Max. Those are realistic opponents.

I'm at a loss for words here. This is insanity.

Taking after Edwards, DDP and O'Malley... Why do they all think they are too good for their own division? There's something wrong with these modern champs!

I think Topuria needs to at least beat Holloway and Evloev before we can definitely say he cleaned out the division.

That's not cleaning out the division, Yair and Ortega are still there.

Cleaning out your division is more impressive than these champ champ fights after one defense all these new champs are obsessed with. Doesn't stall the division either.

It%27s_All_So_Tiresome.jpg

clean the division, then move up.

Mcg at this point is a bloated WW, Max is an easy fight on paper and O'Malley as well.

Man i guess this guy really wants to follow in he's idol footsteps and get ragdolled by a dag wrestler lol.

Y’all get way too butthurt. Dude is undefeated and just destroyed Volk. If he wants to move up to fight Islam, good for him. That’s a way tougher fight than anyone at fw but everyone throws a fit because they would rather watch him fight a contender. I’m cool with watching the absolute best fight the best.

Back