Was Khabib Playing or is he Really that One-Dimensional?

You know In life, it's ok to have different opinions ?

I completely agree.

And I say that as someone who completely disagrees with you about GSP (I think GSP is, along with Fedor, Jones and Anderson, one of MMA''s greats). But life would be unbearably boring if people didn't have different opinions.

I'd much rather have a discussion with someone who has polar opposite opinions to me than with someone who completely agrees with me.

Its especially funny when people expect people to agree on subjective things like boring. Expecting people to agree on whether a fighter is entertaining or boring is like expecting people to agree on whether classical or rock music is more entertaining, or whether basketball or soccer is more entertaining, or whether beer or wine is a better drink. Of course some people are going to find GSP boring, and some people are going to find him entertaining. That's the way people work.

That's why he got hit so much more than Al? Did you sea Khabib's face?

AI never really capitalized on it, he was nowhere near as active as Khabib and was looking for the single bigger punch or counter.

I completely agree.

And I say that as someone who completely disagrees with you about GSP (I think GSP is, along with Fedor, Jones and Anderson, one of MMA''s greats). But life would be unbearably boring if people didn't have different opinions.

I'd much rather have a discussion with someone who has polar opposite opinions to me than with someone who completely agrees with me.

Its especially funny when people expect people to agree on subjective things like boring. Expecting people to agree on whether a fighter is entertaining or boring is like expecting people to agree on whether classical or rock music is more entertaining, or whether basketball or soccer is more entertaining, or whether beer or wine is a better drink. Of course some people are going to find GSP boring, and some people are going to find him entertaining. That's the way people work.

Yeah I agree a debate can be good for the soul but that jackass wouldn't debate just wanted to sling mud
My take on gsp is that when he was young basically pre Serra 1 he had everything and was looking to be very very well rounded
He just opted to use one or two weapons later in his career which still proved to be enough

Both, hes 1 dimensional and dangeously flirting with the idea of being a stand up fighter

Last night's version of Khabib made it to the cage so he beats them both by default which is what happened.

You forgot the most important one.........Zero cardio. If Conor does no get the KO in the first and maybe the start of the second, then he is done.
I don't entirely agree, he took a beating in rd 3 of the second fight with Nate (1 judge scored it 10-8) but then he rallied to clearly take the 4th and hung on in the fifth. If anything, full camp Nate gassed in that 3rd rd and couldn't muster enough energy to get a finish in the 5th.

Alves
Takedown over and over
Hardy
Takedown over and over
Shields
Jab over and over
Diaz
Jab AND a takedown
Koscheck
Jab over and over

Shut the fuck up and go watch some fights other than a highlight reel
but that's 2 dimensions, you're clearly not very good at math.

50-43

26-0

Delusional haters gonna hate.
Khabib' jab looked great, he didn't take any big shots, he dominated every minute of the fight.

50-43

26-0

Delusional haters gonna hate.
Khabib' jab looked great, he didn't take any big shots, he dominated every minute of the fight.
but they must insist his defence was appalling to suit the narrative, they have nothing else left <Lmaoo>

Look all these hatin' ass fanboys.

"Khabib looked horrible"???

All I gotta say is 50-44, 50-43 and 50-43.

If there's anybody out there who is one dimensional, it's Conor:
  • grappling: non-existent;
  • wrestling: non-existent;
  • BJJ: non-existent.
The f*ck out of here with the "Khabib is one dimensional" bullshit

Non-existent? Based on what? Being subbed by a high level black belt when gassed?

He didn't gas. He was barely breathing hard. People grab for straws. He was def messing around and if u think otherwise u are a fool.

He must of been messing around.

I can't believe he was being serious there.

Holloway and Tony would both have a field day with that version of Khabib.
He's not comfortable being pressured and he can't get his takedowns off the back foot so he was forced to strike; luckily Al was so shitty that he lost the stand-up. He expects every opponent to cower in fear when he runs at them with the worlds sloppiest flying knee ect.

If UFC paid him what he's worth he would have
Excuses, excuses. The fucking guy has not defended ANY of his four belts...Don't act like it's the money. He was also going to get another unwarranted title shot (interim), without defending either one of his two other belts in the UFC. I am actually happy he fucked his shot up, with acting like a total Tool. Last thing we need is another belt not getting defended, and a log jam div.

I don't entirely agree, he took a beating in rd 3 of the second fight with Nate (1 judge scored it 10-8) but then he rallied to clearly take the 4th and hung on in the fifth. If anything, full camp Nate gassed in that 3rd rd and couldn't muster enough energy to get a finish in the 5th.

I was more or less talking about his finishing ability. He has not even two rounds to get the KO. Any longer than that and his punches have no heat on them. If he had to fight anyone his own size in the top five, he is not winning the fight.

He's never been in round 4 and 5 before. Those failed takedown attempts were not him "just playing" that's idiotic. That was the sight of a man fading hard.

He is now in championship fights. No more 3 round fights where he looks invincible and the final bell rings right before he starts fading.
Khabib easily got a TD in the 5th round and rode Al like a horse.
He got a 10-8 round for his performance in the 5th round for gods sake lol

Against a broken down wild striker who had to change his stance by that point and who was still terrified of the TD threat(I guess he didn't expect Khabib to fade that much).

The point of these threads are, what if it's somebody like Tony in there who does not fade in the championship rounds and actually gets stronger? Those half assed jabs would not work. Ring rust Raging Al is not a top 5 LW.

Terrified of what takedown threat? He ate all of those jabs while plodding methodically forward into the wrestler. What were you watching? And why was he "forced" to switch stances? Was his leg sore also?

I thought the point of this thread was OP's conclusion that Beeb is terribly 1 dimensional. You can't reasonably draw that conclusion based on this fight. Beeb clearly changed his entire game plan at the start of the third round. In my opinion he made that change in plan because of fatigue, as noted in my post. Multiple game plans = multiple dimensions.

Do you have an anti-Beeb agenda? Because I'm not pro-Beeb by any means. I just noted what I thought was obvious to most, and relevant to thread title.

Back