What the hell is going on in San Francisco?

I though San Francisco was one of those cities where low income housing was available for people making up to 200k/year. In those places, you can be homeless and still afford the note on a decent car. Weird world to live in

I though San Francisco was one of those cities where low income housing was available for people making up to 200k/year.

I think I know what you're referring to. There's a video from Vice about a four-person family, making $125k a year, can only afford a one-bedroom apartment, and accept housing assistance.

$125K a year = elligible for housing assistance.

And they wonder why rent and property values are sky high.

Oh, its worth mentioning the state regulations make it EXTREMELY expensive to build new houses and apartments.

The state's population constantly increasing.
+
No new housing developments. (Or very few)
=
Constant increasing of rent and property values.

People literally leave their cars unlocked with notes on them saying shit like "Feel free to come in and look around but please don't break anything. There is nothing in here for you to take"

California is a shithole
I like most of the things you have to say, but this is the second time you’ve spoken ill of California and I fear you and I may be on a path of vicious conflict, and whilst I concede that SF is an absolute embarrassment to CA we still have many decent places with good folk.

It’s not all loud mouthed homo’s and needles scattered everywhere pal.

Last edited:
More poop piles are appearing every day.

Yeah but I pay 3k a month for my studio apartment. It Even includes running water! I'm special!

lol, i live in that area. pretty funny seeing a hot latina chick running around my area. if she read this forum, i'd give her my address. but nah, not a good idea lol.

We all knew what the culprit would look like, right?

<TheDonald>
aiEJH.gif

I like most of the things you have to say, but this is the second time you’ve spoken ill of California and I fear you and I may be on a path of vicious conflict, and whilst I concede that SF is an absolute embarrassment to CA we still have many decent places with good folk.

It’s not all loud mouthed homo’s and needles scattered everywhere pal.
Im in San Francisco. and tbh, jut getting sick of how no ones property or well being is protected here. I have family in LA and they feel the same way (crime, tents, and crackheads everywhere.) Everyone regardless of if they are rich or poor is narcissistic and crime has just been going up. Im starting to feel like theres real no reason to be here other than the weather and ridiculously hot women. Then Northern California is just meth central. my brother lives in Chico. some of the cities out there have broken records for the most meth labs in a single city (Marysville, Oroville, Red Bluff.)

theres also just no sense of community here anymore. people used to get together and have comradery and pride in the neighborhood. Now no one is communicating. so many different cultures and social statuses mixed together that they just clash. this idea of cultural diversity and harmony is a fairy tale, there are just too many differences in social norms between culture that they dont work.

Last edited:
Im in San Francisco. and tbh, jut getting sick of how no ones property or well being is protected here. I have family in LA and they feel the same way (crime, tents, and crackheads everywhere.) Everyone regardless of if they are rich or poor is narcissistic and crime has just been going up. Im starting to feel like theres real no reason to be here other than the weather and ridiculously hot women. Then Northern California is just meth central. my brother lives in Chico. some of the cities out there have broken records for the most meth labs in a single city (Marysville, Oroville, Red Bluff.)

theres also just no sense of community here anymore. people used to get together and have comradery and pride in the neighborhood. Now no one is communicating. so many different cultures and social statuses mixed together that they just clash. this idea of cultural diversity and harmony is a fairy tail, there are just too many differences in social norms between culture that they dont work.
I want to argue with you but you’re points are all valid, the poverty and extreme numbers of homeless people are shocking.

I’m surprised you didn’t mention the water restrictions though, I assumed that was going to be your number two or three gripe

i never wanted to go there anyway because of the hippies and the sjws and the 49rs, but this pretty much confirms i dont need to worry aobut ever going there now lol.

I want to argue with you but you’re points are all valid, the poverty and extreme numbers of homeless people are shocking.

I’m surprised you didn’t mention the water restrictions though, I assumed that was going to be your number two or three gripe
Doesnt bother me too much since I live in the city and don't really have a lawn to water. A lot of Caligotnians in recent years have been moving to Austin Texas and Boise, Idaho. I've heard the residents there arent too happy about it

Back