Who would you favor over a prime Tyson?

Matter of fact I think a 100% Riddick Bowe gives Mike lots of problems.

Tyson absolutely fought in a weak era. His best wins are Tony Tucker and LHW Spinks.

I clearly favor Bowe, Lewis, and Holyfield over any version of Tyson.

Quick Tillis gave a young undefeated Tyson fits. Probably would've won a 12 rounder.

Foreman, Ali, Dempsey, Ezzard Charles, Joe Louis and Harry Greb. That doesn't mean Tyson isnt a problem for any of them either.

Tyson absolutely fought in a weak era. His best wins are Tony Tucker and LHW Spinks.

I clearly favor Bowe, Lewis, and Holyfield over any version of Tyson.

Quick Tillis gave a young undefeated Tyson fits. Probably would've won a 12 rounder.
Tyson fought in the same era lol.

Lennox at his peak was the best heavyweight of the last 20 years.

Last edited:
liston, lyle and foreman. especially foreman. i just image him pushing tyson back like he did to frazier and norton.

Tyson won the belt in '86 and was past it by 1990. Well before the HW primes of either Lewis, Holyfield, or Bowe.

His best win is Tony Tucker.
Holyfield won the lineal title that Tyson lost in the same year he lost it and he subsequently dropped it to Bowe a couple of years later.

Tyson didn’t go from prime to shot instantly. It is also close enough to Holyfield and Bowe being the man at HW for it to be relevant.

Prime Tyson would lose a 12 rounder to Tillie but became lineal champion the same year. Do you really view Tyson as that poor?

Floyd Patterson....who the fuck said that clown?

He was an absolute shitbag of a fighter, and would have fared worse than Peter McNeeley if he had of fought someone with the aura of Tyson(and he did when he fought Liston)

There may be only a few that would have a good chance, i would certainly put Ali, Lewis, Foreman and possibly Vitali in my list.

I literally laughed reading Walcott and Patterson.

Patterson was had the same trainer and had much faster hands. Maybe, the fastest hands of anyone hat heavyweight. It is not a stretch to think Patterson would beat him.

Walcott was incredibly coordinated and skilled at heavyweight. Go watch him. He passes my smell test. He was drummed the hell out of Marciano for 10 rounds.

Tyson Fury would have played with Mike Tyson.

Too big. Too fast. Too SEXY.

definitely ali from 64-75, holmes at his best, the rest I'm not convinced about but a lot of tough matches.

I honestly think some folks are looking up “atg boxers” and throwing names up. No fucking chance some of these cats last 4 rounds.
anyone with that much heart has a shot. Joe said something very interesting, pre-holyfield "I really don't think mike hit's that hard" I think that true relatively speaking, How many times did he really shake up the guys who weren't rattled by him? holyfield? couple times, douglas? once. China chinned Lewis? never even hit him really. tyson did have power but lots of guys had power, some guys even had more power than him, his thing was, he had great speed too and defense at his best. still, it's a joke to watch some of his fights because a lot of those guys obviously just tanked it. Bruce Seldon did a horrible job as did about a third of Mike's opponents.

I honestly didnt know people were still trying to discredit Mayweather lol. Havent seen that for a long time.

It's a fact that he didn't fight a single ATG at their best. Closest was JMM and he brought him up a few weight classes.

Cotto, Canelo, Mosley coming off of slaughtering Marg, Pac beating the brakes off of Bradley, Corrales, knocking Hatton out, embarrassing JMM.

Please stop with this silly nonsense already lol.

Cotto was past it. Canelo was before it. Mosley was old AF. Pac was old AF. I get that you love American fighters but lets get real. Floyd doesn't have a great win on his record.

Back