Why are both sides more openly Racist than 8 years ago?

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When did the gloves come off?

People are shouting black lives matter as an excuse to trash stores and riot and solve absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile the right is emboldened by the President himself putting down immigrants, white supremacists and racial “realists” are out marching in the street.

I thought Obama’s Presidency was about leaving race behind and trying to look at every one of us as Americans, whether Black or white or brown.

I want to stop hearing about white privilege or disproportionate black crime. Why can’t we take the Morgan Freeman approach and start ignoring race?

Both sides.

Racial "realists"? That's a new one to me. Sounds like a long way of saying racists

I don't know man. It seemed like 25 years ago we almost reached racial harmony as shown in this gif.

giphy.gif

Racial "realists"? That's a new one to me. Sounds like a long way of saying racists

It's reduction.

Whether you call it realism or objectivism, they're all dressed up terms for a mindset that denies nuance and is fiercely anti-intellectual and reactionary. It's essentially a way to purport to understand issues without ever delving into them. There are a lot of people who are against entitlements, even in the face of objective data showing they correlate positively with workforce participation, on the basis that the person is a "realist" who understands the "common sense" that people won't work if they can cash an unemployment check.

Also:

White privilege is real
Disproportionate black crime is real

and both can be solved, or exacerbated, by public policy and more just distribution of resources and allocation of political rights. So long as white privilege exists in the form of white control of resources and ownership of capital, so will racial stratification in the form of disproportionate black crime. It's fine that persons who are ignorant of the former still talk about the latter, but if you really want to address one you have to consider the other.

Beer Summit should have put everyone on notice that Obama was for the return of the status quo.
First black president, my black ass.

He had every opportunity to talk like Trump and empower the PEOPLE to do better, instead he just sat on his hunches and went "golly gee."

i guess he didnt want to be the first black president to make sure slavery can never happen again. Ibstead he just extended the ban. Fuck him.

My guess:

- social media?

- 24/7 news media grabbing onto something...anything...and run it as long as possible even though they broadcast it before any verification can be made?

Last edited:
When did the gloves come off?

People are shouting black lives matter as an excuse to trash stores and riot and solve absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile the right is emboldened by the President himself putting down immigrants, white supremacists and racial “realists” are out marching in the street.

I thought Obama’s Presidency was about leaving race behind and trying to look at every one of us as Americans, whether Black or white or brown.

I want to stop hearing about white privilege or disproportionate black crime. Why can’t we take the Morgan Freeman approach and start ignoring race?

Both sides.

I got a teefury grab bag and unfortunately got a Steven Universe sweater :(

you can have it if you want.

On topic: The media sure loves to pretend everything is racist, but of course it is just propaganda.

What political entity do you know of that would turn down such valuable political capital?

Beer Summit should have put everyone on notice that Obama was for the return of the status quo.
First black president, my black ass.

He had every opportunity to talk like Trump and empower the PEOPLE to do better, instead he just sat on his hunches and went "golly gee."

i guess he didnt want to be the first black president to make sure slavery can never happen again. Ibstead he just extended the ban. Fuck him.

we still need our first good black president.

"immigrant" is'nt a race.

Theres a big difference between: "I hate %*$&^#@s" And "we dont want low skilled illegal immigrants"....

I don't know man. It seemed like 25 years ago we almost reached racial harmony as shown in this gif.

giphy.gif

We did. But Muslim racist groups don't see harmony when it doesn't jibe with their ideal of total Islamic domination of the planet - including the crown jewel: America.

"immigrant" is'nt a race.

Theres a big difference between: "I hate %*$&^#@s" And "we dont want low skilled illegal immigrants"....

"we don't even want legal immigrants unless they are white"

Let's be honest racism sells. It gives you something to be outraged about. You don't like something it's another races fault. Some body can't get a job, it's because of racism, not the fact that they aren't qualified. You cant get rich, it's another races fault, not because you can't figure out how.

Women don't want to sleep with you, racism, not because you are ugly as hell and lack personality. It's so stupid, stop injecting race into everything.

The million man march and the rise of the Nation of Islam. Then Obama and the growth and nurturing of racist groups like BLM; basically racist politics from Democrats and the left generally.

And the vast majority of the right aren't racist.

But low and behold, in here when there was a poll saying should white people be made to feel uncomfortable, look who voted yes.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/nba-coach-white-people-need-to-be-made-uncomfortable.3628415/
J6LdUIJ.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back