Nobody's talking about Ortega's granite chin?

you're such a bad poster lmao.

this thread is about his CHIN, and the DOCTOR called it off because of his eye/all the damage he was taking.

lol i bet you are a BJ fan

he quit on teh stool too...

Would rather get ko'd quick than take that career shortening beating, Its going to be hard to come back from that mentally, it was a savage beat down, Fighters rarely ever the same coming back from devastating beat downs like that, going from having that undefeated invincible feeling and taking your first L is not so bad when its a close fight and you know where you went wrong and what you could have and should have done, but when you take a major ass whooping and get lit up like a Christmas tree with no answer it can fuck with you mentally.

Would rather get ko'd quick than take that career shortening beating, Its going to be hard to come back from that mentally, it was a savage beat down, Fighters rarely ever the same coming back from devastating beat downs like that, going from having that undefeated invincible feeling and taking your first L is not so bad when its a close fight and you know where you went wrong and what you could have and should have done, but when you take a major ass whooping and get lit up like a Christmas tree with no answer it can fuck with you mentally.

Yeah, I agree. But you good admire his solid chin and respect his great warrior heart.

lol i bet you are a BJ fan

he quit on teh stool too...
i've never liked BJ, nice try though.

you've been here since 2009 and you're still a terrible poster who makes no sense, impressive.

He didn't protest at all he was thanking the lord he didn't have to go back in there with Max

Same as BJ they both quit.

on the stool.

Bj was standing against the cage, nice revisionist history.

And Penn is a warrior he’d have gone out there and eaten more elbows if the dr and his corner had let him.

If there's one thing we have learned over the years it's that your chin won't last in the long run.

i've never liked BJ, nice try though.

lol i am just having a bit of fun

but imo he should have protested even if it was gonna be stopped anyway at least make it look like u want to continue.

To me he was happy to be done same with BJ which is pretty much excepting defeat.

Bj was standing against the cage, nice revisionist history.

And Penn is a warrior he’d have gone out there and eaten more elbows if the dr and his corner had let him.

Bullshit they asked multiple time if he was ok to continue

he did not respond.

he quit...

I’ve been watching mma since ufc 2 and I can’t remember ever being as impressed with someone’s toughness as I was with Ortegas last night. Hope he is able to recover from that beating, he is a special talent

Chins are like cash registers, in that, they can only receive/hold a certain amount, and once filled they can take no more... That was way too much currency for Ortega in one night.

Because if after a fight, all you can say about a guy is "wow he's a tough guy" or "wow he's got a iron chin", the fight was probably not very good for him

He didn't protest at all he was thanking the lord he didn't have to go back in there with Max

Same as BJ they both quit.

on the stool.

Except the doctor didn't have anything to do with Baby Jay's capitulation. MMA's very own "no mas" moment.

Chins are like cash registers, in that, they can only receive/hold a certain amount, and once filled they can take no more... That was way too much currency for Ortega in one night.

Ortega cashed a check but it bounced.

yeah it is, now , could be also it was .
Im not sure but it seems once your chin goes through that kind of beating ,
it exponentially fades away in every next fight.
Ya, every time I see a granite chinned fighter eat a big shot I incision his ability to take punches slowly getting worse.

Or maybe max just doesn’t have power. Hence why he doesn’t want to move up

Or maybe max just doesn’t have power. Hence why he doesn’t want to move up

You are an idiot. Tony ferguson is the best LW in the world along with Khabib and neither of them have power. There is a thing called technique you might not be familiar with.

yeah it is, now , could be also it was .
Im not sure but it seems once your chin goes through that kind of beating ,
it exponentially fades away in every next fight.

Exponentially my ass. It took 12 years of damaging fights for Shogun to lose his chin. 15+ for Anderson, 16 for Hendo etc. Some might lose it earlier but for granite chinned fighters it doesn't happen overnight.

Back