Nobody's talking about Ortega's granite chin?

Useless when you have no answer back but still what a chin, probably better than Diaz bros chin.
Max is not a big hitter against some of the 155e'rs or harder hitting 145'ers (Chad, Jose) that could be a problem.

That said - that chin might not be good anymore. Long extended beatings are hell on the brain and the ability to absorb punishment. Not everyone is Mark Hunt - see Cain vs JDS 2 and 3 to see what happens when long extended beatdowns happen.

Great chin and heart.

Evertime Sherdork sees a good fight now its "Years off his life" and "CTE".

Fuck outta here. Go watch Soccer

Hell of a chin but that CTE though. Those are the types of fights that you can never recover from and will take years off your life. I hope he takes a good amount of time off and I’m ready to see how he performs after this.

His chin and heart are nothing short of amazing with that being said.
he needs at least 8 months off after that.

Great chin and heart.

Evertime Sherdork sees a good fight now its "Years off his life" and "CTE".

Fuck outta here. Go watch Soccer
and every time a video comes out of a former fighter slurring and starting gofundme’s because they can’t work anymore guys like you are the first ones saying “War _____” & “what a shame”

Everyone was talking about it in the event thread. I couldn't figure out what in hell was holding him up.

Wait... I thought Max has no power? Which one is it?

I’ve been watching mma since ufc 2 and I can’t remember ever being as impressed with someone’s toughness as I was with Ortegas last night. Hope he is able to recover from that beating, he is a special talent

He literally took one of the worst, if not the worst ass whooping I've ever seen in a title fight.

Literally was a punching bag. Talent was the last thing he displayed.

He didn't protest at all he was thanking the lord he didn't have to go back in there with Max

Same as BJ they both quit.

on the stool.

Wouldn't have mattered.
When Doc says it...thats it.
So get off of your conspiracy bullshit, please.

How's he going to have a granite chin when he go dropped and embarrassed all over the mat?

Don't worry though, whatever kind of stone his chin was Max just put a stress fracture in it for good. That damage only goes one direction, worse. If he'd ever been TKO'd before last night, he wouldn't have made it to the stool. From now on, he won't be able to rely on it like that again.

Anyone who criticizes ortega for NOT PROTESTING a doctor's recommendations is a sick weirdo.

Dude is a stud no matter what.

Does he have a great chin or does Max have pillow fists?

Either way, showing off your good chin means you took a beating

Max isn't a power puncher... he's a volume puncher. Ortega has a chin but Nate Diaz has a granite chin.

Hang on, max has no power so ortega will be fine.

He lost cuz he didnt know how to deal with the diaz style boxing. Which is odd.

Back