Adapting TKD to MMA

Krnguy pretty much said what I typed and so i am editing it.

I tried to look at what you are saying with an open mind, really I did, especially when it is someone that enjoyed the Korean culture like I did, however, you are really just shouting " Look what I can do" like Stuart on Mad TV. Every arguement you make is just flaming and telling them to die and etc, instead of having an intelligent discussion. I DO NOT train TKD, however, I think you are being VERY disrespectful to those that do. This is NOT the OT or the Heavyweight forum.

If you want to get your point across, step away from your keyboard, take a 10 minute break and come back.

aaron_mag said:
This is very disrespectful. I'm no soldier and I was against the whole Iraq fiasco from the beginning, but I know what the soldiers do is not a fricken game. It is not like us who are blessed enough to 'prove our manhood' by jumping up and down and saying, "I tapped my buddy sparring last night. It was sweet."

Sorry. I know it is off topic. But I had to say it. This thread should really be moved to wasteland where it can die.

Disrespectful why? Because it's the truth. Do you honestly think that the average person really gives a damn that he is doing circles in the desert, raiding homes, or shooting at air?

This is not coming from a civilian someone that has not experienced first hand for himself. Soldiers, ARMY, cause nothing but trouble overseas and thats why they are banned from entering entire districts in cities (Seoul Hongik University district - off limits to us military/sofa personnel due to some inbred fucking Army retard that decided to rape a 67 year old Korean woman multiple times in a parking lot). In Tokyo you can't even get into the majority of the clubs in Shibuya if you present a military ID.

Thank the US ARMY for that.

Kyun said:
Disrespectful why? Because it's the truth. Do you honestly think that the average person really gives a damn that he is doing circles in the desert, raiding homes, or shooting at air?

This is not coming from a civilian someone that has not experienced first hand for himself. Soldiers, ARMY, cause nothing but trouble overseas and thats why they are banned from entering entire districts in cities (Seoul Hongik University district - off limits to us military/sofa personnel due to some inbred fucking Army retard that decided to rape a 67 year old Korean woman multiple times in a parking lot). In Tokyo you can't even get into the majority of the clubs in Shibuya if you present a military ID.

are you a fucking idiot?? because one dumbass private youre going to generalize the rest of the army? hmm... okay... wonder why we are still here in korea... well if we left north korea will have no problem invading... oh yea i thought that it was the marines and the navy who were in japan... if there are any us army soldiers in japan.. there arent that many... so youve conducted raids, cordons, patrols and observation posts as a civilian who experianced this first hand for himself... i guess you know everything... shooting in the air huh? watching your best friend who is like a brother to you get shot from an enemy sniper? i guess you experianced this for yourself.. you talked on and on about how you were going to beat my ass.. but now your making excuses about the size difference... you said you would have crushed me regardless of my size... you are a fucking pussy..

and mentioning that dumbass private and generalizing everyone in the army because of that you have shown us how ignorant and stupid you really are... thats like saying all muslims are terrorists... or like you said all infantrymen are dumb... but you are smarter than everyone else... but i guess my grandfather telling me that he was proud that i joined the us army before he died.. because he was a ROK colonel when MacArthur conducted the Incheon Landing which pushed the NK army back to the Yalu River, doesnt mean much because of one stupid private decided to rape an old woman because he couldnt pick up any girls on his own, or even go to a juicy bar... actions of one person shouldnt reflect on the character of hundreds of thousands of men and women... we all hate that private, because of his we suffered from his actions.. its not that we are banned from Hongdae, its that the army restricted us from going there because of him... but every post you make proves how stupid you really are... good job you worthless piece of shit... i hope you decide to follow through with all your threats of beating my ass...

Kyun said:
The end of the USSR threat to the world. The end of the Nazi regime. The end of Japan's attempted colonialization (ask a Chinese about Japan's occupation sometime). The defense of S. Korea. The founding of the FIRST Democracy on the face of the planet. The continued defense of freedom, both at home and throughout the world. The selfless dedication and sacrifice. YOUR fucking freedom. Thank the US ARMY (& Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard & National Guard) for that.
If you want to bad mouth TKD and show your ignorance of the style then, by all means, have at it, I could care less.
I find it reprehensible that I & my soldier brethren have fought & died to preserve the freedom & liberties of a pathetic little POS such as yourself so that you can hide behind an anonymous keyboard and try to impress people with how "tough" you are by hurling insults and dropping names.
Thank the US Army???? You're damned right you should!!!!

philong said:
The end of the USSR threat to the world. The end of the Nazi regime. The end of Japan's attempted colonialization (ask a Chinese about Japan's occupation sometime). The defense of S. Korea. The founding of the FIRST Democracy on the face of the planet. The continued defense of freedom, both at home and throughout the world. The selfless dedication and sacrifice. YOUR fucking freedom. Thank the US ARMY (& Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard & National Guard) for that.
If you want to bad mouth TKD and show your ignorance of the style then, by all means, have at it, I could care less.
I find it reprehensible that I & my soldier brethren have fought & died to preserve the freedom & liberties of a pathetic little POS such as yourself so that you can hide behind an anonymous keyboard and try to impress people with how "tough" you are by hurling insults and dropping names.

Thank the US Army???? You're damned right you should!!!!

The first underlined part is debatable but the second isn't.

Insulting the entire army because of the stupid acts of a couple fuckups is like insulting every Thai boxer because of pricks like you, only so much worse because (most) people who serve in the military put their lives on the line and many of them die in the protection of their respective nations.

US Tomato Can said:
You're thinking Rome and that would be a republic.
Athens practiced democracy long before Rome. Rome was a republic too, AFAIK Athens wasn't.

Direct democracy has never existed in the USA in that refined scenario and never will.

US Tomato Can said:
Direct democracy has never existed in the USA in that refined scenario and never will.

Yes.

The US is technically a "representative republic". That basically means we elect congress/senate and they vote on our laws and we also elect the pres. and he enacts them.

A purely democratic state would have its citizens directly vote on every major decision, which is a terrible idea for quite a few reasons.

I'm a Black Belt in TKD and the footwork in it is very nice, and yes with people that compete all the time are pretty crazy yet in MMA you can only use a few kicks from TKD that can be useful, Pretty much what the difference is, is that in TKD ALL you do is Footwork, and you train your kicks to be strong enough to break through 5+ boards, slabs of concrete etc. so the strength factor is there and the technique of your kicks are defined since all you do is practice your kicks over and over. its not whats going to put you in the top but if you have it in your arsenal then its def a plus

geezzzz and I used to be scared of a guy who everybody knew did TKD in highschool, now I know I could have beat his ass!!!

US Tomato Can said:
You're thinking Rome and that would be a republic.
Democracy is a Greek word

demos=people

kratos=power or rule

Perry Ubeda took TKD and he turned out to be a great fighter

ger.gif

US Tomato Can said:
Direct democracy has never existed in the USA.
Correct.

The US is a representative democracy.

Switzerland is a direct democracy.

hmm. i wonder where kyun went the guy who was talking about how he was going to do this an that... he hasnt answered my pm for a couple of days.. i guess thats what happens when someone calls the bluff of a internet warrior...

Back