Battlefield 5

You don't need to say it you showed me a video of minor glitches and then I watched it.

Logically then I can assume you mean those minor glitches made the game a piece of shit.

You watched a video and came to the conclusion that it was all minor even when there is game breaking bugs in it.

I never said it only had minor glitches that all games had that is your opinion you are putting on me.

You watched a video and came to the conclusion that it was all minor even when there is game breaking bugs in it.

I never said it only had minor glitches that all games had that is your opinion you are putting on me.

So... you were able to play all weekend long but the game is broken?

maybe im lucky as fuck but i havent suffered any major bugs sofar

as far as gameplay goes i like the attrition system, no more tanks with unlimited ammo

also thank fucking god that we dont have mortars in this one, that shit was cheesy

So today was the release of the standard edition, wasnt going to buy it, because I didnt like the BETA and hardly enjoyed BF1, but since most of my online friends were getting it, I checked reviews and saw the improvements to the game, so I played about 2 hours , game feels good, graphics are great, the grass effects are great and make good cover even in open fields, the action was great, haven't tried the planes but overall alot better then I initially expected, anyone else playing?

does it have a single player campaign? I just saw an advertisement for the game and am now interested. Havent played a good FPS in a while, let alone a WW2 one.

does it have a single player campaign? I just saw an advertisement for the game and am now interested. Havent played a good FPS in a while, let alone a WW2 one.
It does but its really short but i havent played it, didnt even finish the bf1 single player.

It does but its really short but i havent played it, didnt even finish the bf1 single player.

Thanks for the response. After posting, i watched a youtube review of the single player. The graphics looked amazing, but it has basically no story, and as you say, is very short.

Going to have to pass on this one. I enjoy multiplayer, used to be on a counter-strike team.... but was craving an single player as well.

I still have the old Medal of Honor - Allied Assault from like 20 years ago. Might just give that a replay... graphics tho :/

Thanks for the response. After posting, i watched a youtube review of the single player. The graphics looked amazing, but it has basically no story, and as you say, is very short.

Going to have to pass on this one. I enjoy multiplayer, used to be on a counter-strike team.... but was craving an single player as well.

I still have the old Medal of Honor - Allied Assault from like 20 years ago. Might just give that a replay... graphics tho :/
well BF series has never really been about the single player, I think the last one I completed was BF4 because you actually unlocked guns in multiplayer if you played the campaign ( which I think they should bring back). BF series has always been about the multiplayer. Played a couple of rounds this morning was ok , except after my last 2 matches it would hang when transitioning to the next map , I had to reboot the game, after the 2nd hang I just went to bed.

there's definitely some bugs (already announced most of them would be fixed by Dice in upcoming patches), but people are getting crazy

BF4 literally did not work for almost a full year after launch properly, for instance

The only real issue, to me, is the Time to Death glitches which are apparently being fixed for the Dec 4 first free Tides of War DLC

there's definitely some bugs (already announced most of them would be fixed by Dice in upcoming patches), but people are getting crazy

BF4 literally did not work for almost a full year after launch properly, for instance

The only real issue, to me, is the Time to Death glitches which are apparently being fixed for the Dec 4 first free Tides of War DLC
yup bf4 was literally unplayable on release, I even started playing it first on the ps3 which was worse. But it eventually became a great game. I think DICE and EA just burned alot of people's bridges due to Starwars debacle and other shenanigans, plus a mediocre BF1 , but if you can wait for a sale or are curious this game is good. The only other con is for a world war 2 game where are the famous battles, why no american , russian or Japanse? I presume these might be added in the future, but why not blow people out of the water with epic fights like Normandy, who even knows the battle of Narvik etc.

yup bf4 was literally unplayable on release, I even started playing it first on the ps3 which was worse. But it eventually became a great game. I think DICE and EA just burned alot of people's bridges due to Starwars debacle and other shenanigans, plus a mediocre BF1 , but if you can wait for a sale or are curious this game is good. The only other con is for a world war 2 game where are the famous battles, why no american , russian or Japanse? I presume these might be added in the future, but why not blow people out of the water with epic fights like Normandy, who even knows the battle of Narvik etc.
you have a solid pt about the major historic battles, but IIRC these early battles all took place relatively early on in the War, so the future US/Battle of Britain/Operation Barbarossa/Pacific theater (imagine Wake Island, bruh) things are likely to come w/ later as they are timing it kinda in order (kinda like that great YT channel The Great War which goes over WW1 week by week).

or at least I hope they are haha

BF4 was one of the first games where I realized reviews sites are BS. They were giving them game 8's all around and the multiplayer was fucked for months and months. They did sort of rectify it by putting down Halo MCC but it was to late for me at that point.

BF4 was one of the first games where I realized reviews sites are BS. They were giving them game 8's all around and the multiplayer was fucked for months and months. They did sort of rectify it by putting down Halo MCC but it was to late for me at that point.
There does seem to be a rash of games coming out essentially incomplete, to be later fixed w/ Patches or DLC

like the more recent state of the Division is substantially different than the Launch version, BF4 was the same. For Honor also comes to mind

Last edited:
There does seem to be a rash of games coming out essentially incomplete, to be later fixed w/ Patches or DLC

like the more recent state of the Division is substantially different than the Launch version, BF4 was the same.

Yea it pretty much seems like the norm these days. Single player games tend to do better in that regard at least.

you have a solid pt about the major historic battles, but IIRC these early battles all took place relatively early on in the War, so the future US/Battle of Britain/Operation Barbarossa/Pacific theater (imagine Wake Island, bruh) things are likely to come w/ later as they are timing it kinda in order (kinda like that great YT channel The Great War which goes over WW1 week by week).

or at least I hope they are haha
Hopefully that happens and with the free maps now and no season pass people dont get bored, the last BF I dont think I even played the last 2 dlc's because it just got so stale. I realize they are trying to do a storyline, but sometimes you just need to blow people of the bat to garner attention.

BF5 is crap, everything about BF1 was better.

They need to do a remake of BF2/BF2142 and keep the same map size scale as the originals.

I loved some of the BF1 maps but I prefer the gameplay of BF5. The class overhaul for one is preferable.

Just wishing they had more weapons for the medic class. The Thompson with the drum mag is amazing for cqb though.

Plus snipers being able to spot actually makes them far more useful, same with suppression spots when running an LMG for support.

BF5 is crap, everything about BF1 was better.

They need to do a remake of BF2/BF2142 and keep the same map size scale as the originals.
I didnt enjoy BF1 so far I'm enjoying this game alot, I like how you now need a certain role guy like support to get ammo or medics for health. Although the medics seem weak, there guns are all so-so compared to assault which have close range and long range guns.

I also dont like the planes how do you level up fighters if they cant see ground targets and hardly anyone flys, only bombers have a decent shot at killing ground targets. The default fighter should have been a multi role plane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back