Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

Because we are not a monolith.

We are not all from the hood, some of us grew up in the suburbs... What do we have represent us? Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Family Matters, The Cosby Show and Black-ish.

Now compare that to the hood booger shows... See the difference?

Waaaay too many hood booger shows and movies.

Those hood shows are usually directed by black people and fairly represents certain parts of America. Directors like Spike Lee have actually raised awareness. I don't know where you get that black people are always playing gang bangers because they're not.

It's not a fantasy film. That's what Africa would look like if white people hadent intervened.

Those hood shows are usually directed by black people and fairly represents certain parts of America. Directors like Spike Lee have actually raised awareness. I don't know where you get that black people are always playing gang bangers because they're not.
Just as an example..

The Wire... of the cops:
- Daniels
- Keema
- Carver
- Sydnor
- Lester
- Bunk

I realize Bunk isn't "on the detail" so to speak but of the crew outside of McNulty, Herc, and Prez the rest of that crew isn't white. Add to that the two biggest dumbasses on the detail, Herc and Prez are white. Avon/Stringer/Marlo's scumbag lawyer is white too.

I'll admit on the "criminal" side of it basically everyone outside of season 2 is black but, well, isn't that the make-up of Baltimore crime?

Boring/10.
Like you since you dropped the Grammar Nazi gimmick?

giphy.gif

I'll show myself the door.

haven't seen it .. then again haven't really seen any of the other comic movies .. only some of the batman movies

I enjoy Marvel’s stand alone movies much more than the Avengers so I thought it was very good.

black folks are just glad to have a movie thats not a fucking Soul Plane expy or another Tyler Perry abortion....

Just imagine if every movie starring white folks was Paul Blart or some incredibly racist/rednecky thing. You'd be ecstatic to finally see something else

Not trying to be accusatory and I fully intend on seeing Black Panther once the hype dies down cause it looks like it'll be a good popcorn flick, but... I hope you're not saying a show like The Wire, movie like Training Day/Street Kings should have a pure 50/50 split on the junkie/down trodden that are shown in that show/movies (between white and black just for the sake of argument).

Like, in Training Day yeah, Denzel is a fucking asshole, we see Latino/black gang neighborhoods. But of the cops we see... wasn't Denzel the only crooked one that was black?

I frankly don't give two shits, a good movie is a good movie. What pisses me off more is if a known character is changed just for the sake of being 'PC' so to speak.

Like, I get Heimdal is a white dude (it's a norse God) but Idris Elba kills that role imo. Valkyrie though? My bitching about who played that has NOTHING to do with skin color... she's too fucking short IMO. Valkyrie's are supposed to be angelic warrior that choose the slain soldiers of a battlefield to take to Odin's army. How many old days warriors do you see that are under like 5'5"?

Nah, I'm talking more like shows like Power, Empire, Love and Hip Hop, and the bullshit BET likes to air. That shit aint helping anybody and mainly airs in homes without fathers.

Shows like Oz, The Wire, Breaking Bad, SOA all serve a positive real world purpose and can be seen as educational.
Hell even Belly, Colors and Blood In Blood Out had an educational purpose.

Training Day didnt bother me too much. Its a better Bad Lieutenant than both the original and the remake, wasnt an ward winning performance tho...

I dont like the "gimme's" in these movies. It's patronizing. Tho, Idris is playing the hell out of Heimdal. Havent seen the new thor.

Nah, I'm talking more like shows like Power, Empire, Love and Hip Hop, and the bullshit BET likes to air. That shit aint helping anybody and mainly airs in homes without fathers.

Shows like Oz, The Wire, Breaking Bad, SOA all serve a positive real world purpose and can be seen as educational.
Hell even Belly, Colors and Blood In Blood Out had an educational purpose.

Training Day didnt bother me too much. Its a better Bad Lieutenant than both the original and the remake, wasnt an ward winning performance tho...

I dont like the "gimme's" in these movies. It's patronizing. Tho, Idris is playing the hell out of Heimdal. Havent seen the new thor.
imma be honest. I want to see Idris play Bond just to piss off the guys that would offend.

Why was there a need to merge the thread to *nothing*? Put the original title back pussies, finding anything reason to meddle about.

But since this is now blessed by mods as general BP thread it has to be asked which black panther is better? South America or Africa?

"
Black panthers in Asia and Africa are leopards (Panthera pardus), and those in the Americas are black jaguars (Panthera onca).
"

Jaguar > Leopards

Well, BET....

imma be honest. I want to see Idris play Bond just to piss off the guys that would offend.
I'd have no issue with him being Bond... but Elba is 45 now, Craig is almost 50. Isn't Bond supposed to be in his 30s? I know you can cover that shit up with makeup....

White people....
This is how you addressed it from the beginning

Trotsky: "White pride....
This is how you tried to claim you addressed it. Nice try kiddo

oleDirtyBast4d: "it's okay for grown men to have sex with 12 year olds as long as they've hit puberty."

Lol don't go down that road unless you want dubs. The mods don't want that discussion here. For the record I don't support banging 12 year olds

Back