Dustin Poirier's 3rd title shot is even more undeserved and stupid than Colby's 3rd.

Yeah but quite obviously it doesn't work just off rankings, people should let go of that lol

It's because he took a huge risk by fighting an upcoming lion, who a lot of people thought might mash him, and was on a 5 finish win streak. And, probably many others turned it down. And he was like, yeah okay, fuck it. Like Mcgregor used to. And that's when mo'fuckers are gifted shit - when they're a draw and/or when they take risks for the company and save the day.

It's funny how the only apparent justification is the timing issue. As though the timing's not completely arbitrary and Islam couldn't have just fought before this against Charles, Justin, or Arman,
Signed up to fight Charles October 2023.

Called for a Gaethje fight shortly after beating Volk. Suggested March.

Why would he fight Arman before UFC 300? Arman wasn't the #1 contender.
and can't just fight Arman or Max a few months later now.
He will fight Arman after Dustin. Armans title shot is unaffected.

Max is likely going down for a TS against Ilia.

Yeah but quite obviously it doesn't work just off rankings, people should let go of that lol

It's because he took a huge risk by fighting an upcoming lion, who a lot of people thought might mash him, and was on a 5 finish win streak. And, probably many others turned it down. And he was like, yeah okay, fuck it. Like Mcgregor used to. And that's when mo'fuckers are gifted shit - when they're a draw and/or when they take risks for the company and save the day.
Fighting #13 was such a huge risk he should get a title shot.

And not Arman who fought and beat #1 or Max who fought and beat #2. Okay.

Guys, stop twisting yourselves in hoops trying to justify this. It's shite. You'll feel a lot better once you finally admit that.

I don't get what's so hard for people to understand this... Now I will agree that Justin and Olivera both took fights they shouldn't have had to.
You don't get what's so hard to understand about sitting in your locker room after beating #1 Charles and being asked to fight Islam in 6 weeks now that Islam's suddenly decided to fight?

It's shit. Arman was 100% right to tell Islam to fuck off and he'll just fight the winner later with an actual camp. Which is what Islam's getting as he's been sitting on his dick for the last 6 months waiting to do exactly this.

You don't get what's so hard to understand about sitting in your locker room after beating #1 Charles and being asked to fight Islam in 6 weeks now that Islam's suddenly decided to fight?

It's shit. Arman was 100% right to tell Islam to fuck off and he'll just fight the winner later with an actual camp. Which is what Islam's getting as he's been sitting on his dick for the last 6 months waiting to do exactly this.

You're right! But I never said Arman should have to fight Islam in 6 weeks. Ufc could have handled this better, but given the current circumstances, I don't really see it as a underserving title shot.

Dustin is an all time great coming off a great win where he was supposed to get destroyed. It's also a fresh match.

Colby was coming off a 5 round decision and trading wins and losses and then sat out nearly 2 years for a title shot. One is not like the other.

Fighting #13 was such a huge risk he should get a title shot.

And not Arman who fought and beat #1 or Max who fought and beat #2. Okay.

Guys, stop twisting yourselves in hoops trying to justify this. It's shite. You'll feel a lot better once you finally admit that.

It's not about no.13. How often do those rankings reflect reality? Often not. Especially with a guy coming up; not that the guy beat anyone noteworthy really but it's still obvious that he's big, strong, dangerous, a young hungry talented guy. It's a risk. It's not about no.13, it's about who it is.

It's amazing how you're literally in a thread that points out that Colby was coming off bigger ranked wins than Dustin in his title fights.

And here you are still somehow pointing out something completely wrong.

Irony on full tilt. You're literally the person ignoring facts, liking posts suggesting Islam only fights in UAE, dismissing Khabib never getting cut as "oh a dominant grappler, who'd have thunk" (completely ignoring that there have been dozens of "dominant grapplers" in MMA - yet no one else came close to Khabib's percentage of 10-8 UFC rounds, 10-8 UFC rounds in title fights, and subjectively wearing facial damage.)

And I point this out b/c YOU of all people are trying to fact-check someone. GET THE F OUT. You are not serious people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Irony on full tilt. You're literally the person ignoring facts, liking posts suggesting Islam only fights in UAE, dismissing Khabib never getting cut as "oh a dominant grappler, who'd have thunk" (completely ignoring that there have been dozens of "dominant grapplers" in MMA - yet no one else came close to Khabib's percentage of 10-8 UFC rounds, 10-8 UFC rounds in title fights, and subjectively wearing facial damage.)

And I point this out b/c YOU of all people are trying to fact-check someone. GET THE F OUT. You are not serious people.
Intredasting:

1713471051235.png
Wonder what the original message was before some mod decided to protect you instead of slapping a yellow on you.

Dustin just beat a hot prospect
Colby has never beaten a prospect in the history of his lifetime

Nah, Justin deserves it more

I don't get why some people are so upset about this. In the last 6-7 years, Poirier has fought nothing but killers and only lost to Khabib, Oliviera and Gaethje. He has wins over Chandler, McGregor twice, and he just beat BSD. The other thing is, Justin just lost to Max, Oliviera just lost to Arman, and Max wants to go back down to 145 it seems. Arman is the clear #1 contender IMO, but other than him i can't think of anyone who is available to fight Islam that deserves the shot. Dustin also always puts on very exciting fights as well.

Porier beating Goat St Denis is more impressive than anything Colby has ever done tho

I don't get why some people are so upset about this. In the last 6-7 years, Poirier has fought nothing but killers and only lost to Khabib, Oliviera and Gaethje. He has wins over Chandler, McGregor twice, and he just beat BSD. The other thing is, Justin just lost to Max, Oliviera just lost to Arman, and Max wants to go back down to 145 it seems. Arman is the clear #1 contender IMO, but other than him i can't think of anyone who is available to fight Islam that deserves the shot. Dustin also always puts on very exciting fights as well.
Because poirier is objectively the easiest matchup for Islam and there's no question about that. He's also undeserving. The UFC doesn't want Max at 155 that's why they gave him that bullshit number 9 rankings after destroying number 4 Gaethje who just a fight before slept Poirier. It's not hard to understand

I would disagree. Colby beat a washed Masvidal and then sat for nearly 2 years before getting the shot against Leon. Poirer beat a young lion then benefited from poor scheduling and timely losses by the other top contenders. Also you had a deadbeat champ in Islam sitting out and doing nothing for 6 months and Dustin was the only top guy available.

Not reading that. Colby beat only RDA in his prime. 1 win in his whole career that was worth it. Cherry picker.

Might not be fully deserved in a sense but there's a sense of fairness to it. No issues with it whatsoever.

Back