Media Gane expects to fight Aspinall, but not yet: "I'm no. 1 contender, he's no. 4. Doesn't make sense"

I'm possibly the biggest fan of Gane on this forum, but I feel like he really needs to not say shit like this. A fight with Aspinall is the best possible outcome for him right now. He's not getting a TS off of Spivak, and should be jumping at the opportunity to fight Aspinall.

As soon as he said he wants the title shot after beating spivak I knew this guy is completely delusional, and this is coming from a guy who thinks he beat ngannou. I don’t see him beating anyone in the top 5 as hyperbolic as that sounds, even blaydes I think has the much better entries than spivak to take him down and grind out a decision

One of the worst ducks I've seen in a while. How many title fights has Gane lost now? Aspinall is ahead of him and will get a shot before Gane.

No i think he's looking to fight sergei for the vacant after jones stipe. Might so work out that Gane fights for the vacant title for sure while sergei and tom fight to see who fights gane for the belt.

It's basically a 3 way race between them and gane has fought the best competition of the three while also being a once interim champ. Seems pretty standard that he get the shot and the other 2 fight for it. Otherwise, all 3 fighters have similar claim imo.... next to maybe Pavlovich, who's only knock is main event experience.
Gane has absolutely no claim to the title shot lol. He already lost two title fights and just got embarrassed by Jones.

I don't give a fuck about these arbitrary rankings, that's a great fight and I hope we see it

Aspinall would tap him

Gane is my boy but he's clearly ducking Aspinall here. I imagine he probably wants to sit out and wait to hopefully fight Spivak for the vacant title (if Stipe and Jon retire after their fight) as fighting down at this point means to fight Aspinall or Blaydes/Almeida, which are awful, high risk match ups for him.

I don't think Gane's TDD is anywhere near proven enough to say he will be able to stop Aspinall's takedowns. He shrugged off a few lazy attempts from Spivak, but Spivak isn't a wrestler. He's a big slow, lumbering Judo guy who doesn't know what to do if he can't close the distance and grab a hold of you. Besides that, we have seen Gane get easily wrestled by Jones, no shame there.

The Francis fight is what should be worrying Gane fans. He was able to outwrestle Gane on pure strength, barely any technique. And he did so effortlessly with one knee.

Meanwhile we have seen Aspinall effortlessly takedown Volkov whenever he wanted to. A man Blaydes struggled to take down many times, a man Romanov couldn't get down to save his life.

At this point Tom's offensive wrestling is more proven than Gane's defensive wrestling is.

lol wut, Spivak is a million times better MMA grappler than Aspinall.

Bruh, Blaydes wiped the floor with Volkov though he gassed. I'm sure if Volkov was expecting that, would've been a different story.

Aspinall is NOT Ngannou.

And no it's not. An occasional surprise double leg here and there doesn't make it so.

Gane has absolutely no claim to the title shot lol. He already lost two title fights and just got embarrassed by Jones.
He just bounced back with a win a month ago dominant performance against a guy on his way up

So then #2 Pavlovich?

Ganes next fight will be one of the 3

Pavlovich
Aspinall
Jailton Blaydes winner

theres is ZERO away around it for him

Poor little Gane gonna hide under his rank instead of being a man and fighting other top guys.
i agree with you, men who fight 135 pounds savages in a cage multiple times a year are fragile sissies hidding from difficulties.

I have no issues if the matchup is against Sergei. Tom can try to write that wrong with Blaydes in the meantime.

I like Gane but at this point he should clearly be behind Pav and Aspinall in the rankings. Lol @ 1-1 in the 2020s Stipe being ranked no4 (ahead of Tom) as well.

Ridiculous how out of all the "prospect" HWs Gane was the only one who didnt have to fight Blaydes ie the big strong wrestler test. Pav did it, Tom did it although it didnt work out, now Jailton has to do it.

I like Gane, but in this instance it's easy to see he's reluctant to fight Aspinall.

As his fan I remember a time when he was known to say "anyone anywhere".

However, IMO Pavlovich should sit out and wait to be next in line for the title shot. He more than deserves it. Aspinall should rematch Blaydes while Gane rematch Volkov, who also deserve a fight above him.

That’s what happens when the UFC starts coddling these hacks solely for marketing reasons…

This dude should’ve been fed to Almeida or Blaydes in a Vegas card after the Jones fight.

This seems like the fastest way to get reluctantly matched up with Tom.

gane trying anything to not fight another contender. weak sauce. aspinall, or the russian, or another top dude, that's it.

Back