Media Helwani claims that the three fights Leon was offered for UFC 300 were against Khamzat, Islam and Shavkat

you cannot complain. belal vs edwards being announced as the ufc 300 headline fight would not go down well.

They are all Muslims and the card is during Ramadan... <WhitmanDefeat>

Legit question, swear to god -

Do we think that Islam, Shavkat and Khamzat are pro-Israel?

Or just that they would be less inclined to say something, because they don't carry the flag and haven't raised their opinion before?

I could buy that for Shavkat and maybe Islam, but I don't see Khamzat being very controllable in his post fight interviews.
Islam spoke out against the conflict in support of Palestine after his last fight but the UFC cut that part out of the video they uploaded.

Either Ariel's full of it or Khamzat can actually get into the U.S.. They wouldn't have offered Leon a guy whom they know couldn't even get to the venue.

There's a guy they could ask, I'm racking my brain trying to remember the name but it's eluding me right now...

Edit: Colby! That's who it was!

Maybe Belal should think about getting a 20 fight win streak before expecting a title shot, that scrub.

I feel like they forgot to offer him someone but I can't remember who...
khamzat still has visa issues. he wouldnt have been able to fight in april regardless of ramadan. gonna call bullshit on this list.
The United States Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control in December 2020 placed travel restrictions on anyone affiliated with the Akhmat MMA fight club. ever since the they did this khamzat has had visa issues. as of oct 2023 he still has a visa issue. the UFC just wouldnt offer someone who cant enter the US a championship fight in vegas. its just not gonna happen. they dont even have those strings to pull to make it happen. as long as Kadyrov keeps picking up khamzat in his private jet after every fight in UAE or dubai, he isnt getting a visa. those other names? sure i can see those 2 being offered the fight. but with khamzat on the list i find it to be not beleivable.
I've been saying this for months, glad that someone else understands that Khamzat pissed off the only people in the US more powerful than a promoter or commission, the State Department. Khamzat will end up a giant "What if?"
Respect to Leon for accepting all 3, if Ariel isn't just shilling.

Not real sure why the UFC were trying to make a WW title fight for the card at the end of Ramadan when all 4 of the possible contenders are Muslims, though come to think of it that rules out a LW title fight too, and Ankalaev for the LHW title, DDP won't fight in April, and UFC already screwed themselves at HW by giving in to Jones' demand for a senior citizen instead of the interim champ. FW just fought, and BW is fighting right before, so they have no title fights they can put on the card.

Back