If I had to eat one cuisine for the rest of my life I would choose…

You are definitely missing something if you think Peruvian is anything like other South American countries. It's an incredibly varied cuisine with an asian influence.

Cerviche is my go to but there are so many good dishes. They have something like 300 types of local potatoes. Seafood, fish, chicken, chinese/japanese influenced dishes etc

Tried Cuy and it wasn't that good lol.

i had the worst food poisoning in my entire life when i was in cusco. i was throwing up everything i ate, and was bed-ridden for three days. but yes, the food, WHEN CLEAN, is amazing. peruvian drinks are also amazing as well. i remember going to ica on the coast having plenty of drinks of their local pisco-based drinks.

Head to Lima next time. That's like comparing the food in New York to some backwards slum. Specially in third world countries, the food scene is in the big city.

i have to say, it still freaks me out seeing 100% asian people speaking spanish better than i ever could haha. maybe it was the same for them seeing a mexican dude speak perfect english. this world is a crazy place.

Between those four?

American.

Peruvian? Sounds like I missed something there.
Do you mean plantains, chicken and rice? Deep fried guinea pig? what?
Peruvian food is amazing andguinea pig is pretty good too if you just ignore the face

Japanese or Korean food.

I grew up eating Mexican & South American food, moved to Hawaii for almost 10 years. Fell in love with Japanese & Korean BBQ.

Mexican - There's so many varieties and ways to change the ingredients. Take a taco. You can have it hard, soft or rolled. You can have ground beef, shredded beef, chicken, shrimp, carnitas, or fish.

Tacos
Burrito
Carne Asada
Fajitas
Tamales
Quesadilla
Guacamole
Nachos
Enchiladas

Mexican - There's so many varieties and ways to change the ingredients. Take a taco. You can have it hard, soft or rolled. You can have ground beef, shredded beef, chicken, shrimp, carnitas, or fish.

Tacos
Burrito
Carne Asada
Fajitas
Tamales
Quesadilla
Guacamole
Nachos
Enchiladas

There's also so much more than just tacos - rice dishes, soups, fish dishes, etc.

i had the worst food poisoning in my entire life when i was in cusco. i was throwing up everything i ate, and was bed-ridden for three days. but yes, the food, WHEN CLEAN, is amazing. peruvian drinks are also amazing as well. i remember going to ica on the coast having plenty of drinks of their local pisco-based drinks.
When I left Peru I went to Easter Island and got food poisoning for 3 or 4 days on day 2. For a long time I suspected it was possibly a piece of uncooked chicken but in retrospect I think it might have been a Pisco sour at Santiago airport.
I developed a taste for them on that trip...until that point anyway.

American food includes:

Tex Mex
Cajun
Creole
Soul Food
NY, Chicago and California style pizza
American sushi
Sushirrito
Mission Burrito
Cali Burrito
Filipino burrito
Southern bbq
Hawaiian bbq
Poke
Philly cheesesteak
Korean tacos
Chili
Indian Pizza

Etc.

Japanese. Love sushi. I love Italian and Mexican food as well, but Italian food would make me fat as fuck.

Back