Economy Last days of Tesla. Closing a dozen solar plants. Loses deal with Home Depot.

I got Tesla solar panels. I started the process in April and it passed inspection in less then a month. However it's now been 5 months since install I have yet to receive PTO (and I have called them at least 10 times since then). Luckily they turned on my system so I at least get to use it, I just don't get any credit for the unused portion. Kind of wish I got powerwalls, but ROI is not worth it for my situation and we never get power outages in my location. Just last week PTO was finally in the hands of my electric company (PG&E) so hoping by next week PTO is approved. I recommend staying on top of things and keep bugging them. Also consider adding critter wire barrier. Depending on where you live and luck of the draw pigeons love to nest under the panels, some even have issues with squirrels... Hopefully your process goes smoothly.
thanks for the tip, the newer solar systems have the edge barrier, which should keep the pigeons and squirrels out, but rats....... never considered that. it's been a mess so far, the phone techs were rude and shitty because I asked about removal costs, with a house, you simply never know when shit breaks, especially with my large family, so I gotta plan for the worse and get an idea of what's involved if a commet hits my home or like you said, critters! Cant predict these things, will press them on the rat/critter issue.

Elon Musk announces Tesla’s headquarters will move to Austin
Jaclyn Ramkissoon | Oct 7, 2021

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced Thursday he’s moving the headquarters of his electric car brand from Palo Alto, California to Austin, Texas.

Musk said, “I’m excited to announce we are moving our headquarters to Austin, Texas,” during an annual meeting with stockholders.

This comes after Tesla
announced last summer Travis County would be the site of its new gigafactory. Just this month, the automaker ramped up hiring for the factory, posting hundreds of new available jobs.

“Our factory is five minutes from the airport, 15 minutes from downtown, and we’re going to create an ecological paradise, because we’re right on the Colorado River. It’s going to be great,” Musk said to stockholders Thursday.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler released a statement after the announcement, saying “We welcome Tesla home!”

“It’s a tech company that creates the clean manufacturing, middle-skill jobs Austin needs. We’re one of the safest big cities, with a strong innovative, entrepreneurial, environmentally focused culture and Tesla fits right in. Tesla is now an even larger part of a community that works together to meet our challenges and to enjoy a magical city,” Adler said in his statement.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott also welcomed Musk and Tesla on social media, saying “The Lone Star State is the land of opportunity and innovation.”

Musk continued on to say they will still be expanding activities in California, but they want to do that in Texas too.

“This isn’t a matter of Tesla leaving California, our intention is to actually increase output,” he explained.

Tesla follows other large California companies like Oracle, looking to plant roots in Texas. Oracle announced in December 2020 it was moving its corporate headquarters from California to Austin. Samsung is also weighing the city of Taylor as a potential location for its new $17 billion semiconductor plant.

The upcoming move of Tesla’s headquarters comes after Musk’s own personal move to Texas, which he confirmed last year.

Impact on Austin community

Laura Huffman, president and CEO of the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce, calls Tesla HQ’s move to Austin a “home run” for the community.

“We have to remember Tesla is already going to create around 10,000 jobs, and those are real jobs for real people right here in Austin,” she said. “They are career opportunities for people that might not have otherwise had those chances.”

She says those chances, which include the higher wages Tesla could offer, apply to people coming out of high school, as well as two-year and four-year degree programs.

Huffman called Austin “a community of innovation,” and with Tesla’s HQ, she says it would “cement that reputation, not just in Texas but around the world.”

Mayor Adler added, in an interview with KXAN Thursday, Austin is one of the most desirable places to live, and this announcement will continue to attract people worldwide. The airport could benefit from the extra attention the community is getting, too.

“I think that as the city continues to grow and as our links to more and more cities both domestically and internationally, that puts us in line to increase the number of direct flights we have going to more places,” he said.

As far as housing, Adler says Musk has “indicated intent to help build a considerable amount of housing in the community.” Huffman says housing is already going up around the Tesla gigafactory site.
https://www.kxan.com/news/business/elon-musk-announces-teslas-headquarters-will-move-to-austin/amp/

Last edited:
thanks for the tip, the newer solar systems have the edge barrier, which should keep the pigeons and squirrels out, but rats....... never considered that. it's been a mess so far, the phone techs were rude and shitty because I asked about removal costs, with a house, you simply never know when shit breaks, especially with my large family, so I gotta plan for the worse and get an idea of what's involved if a commet hits my home or like you said, critters! Cant predict these things, will press them on the rat/critter issue.
The side skirt are only on the sides and bottom, not the top. Also the gap between the skirts and roof is much larger then you would think. The skirts is more for aesthetics reasons then critter protection. Just FYI

Last edited:
Well, my house will eventually be worth 1 million now.

Going to buy another property right by the new headquarters as well.

nbjij6tsq4s71.png

Elon Musk announces Tesla’s headquarters will move to Austin
Jaclyn Ramkissoon | Oct 7, 2021

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Tesla CEO Elon Musk announced Thursday he’s moving the headquarters of his electric car brand from Palo Alto, California to Austin, Texas.

Musk said, “I’m excited to announce we are moving our headquarters to Austin, Texas,” during an annual meeting with stockholders.

This comes after Tesla
announced last summer Travis County would be the site of its new gigafactory. Just this month, the automaker ramped up hiring for the factory, posting hundreds of new available jobs.

“Our factory is five minutes from the airport, 15 minutes from downtown, and we’re going to create an ecological paradise, because we’re right on the Colorado River. It’s going to be great,” Musk said to stockholders Thursday.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler released a statement after the announcement, saying “We welcome Tesla home!”

“It’s a tech company that creates the clean manufacturing, middle-skill jobs Austin needs. We’re one of the safest big cities, with a strong innovative, entrepreneurial, environmentally focused culture and Tesla fits right in. Tesla is now an even larger part of a community that works together to meet our challenges and to enjoy a magical city,” Adler said in his statement.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott also welcomed Musk and Tesla on social media, saying “The Lone Star State is the land of opportunity and innovation.”

Musk continued on to say they will still be expanding activities in California, but they want to do that in Texas too.

“This isn’t a matter of Tesla leaving California, our intention is to actually increase output,” he explained.

Tesla follows other large California companies like Oracle, looking to plant roots in Texas. Oracle announced in December 2020 it was moving its corporate headquarters from California to Austin. Samsung is also weighing the city of Taylor as a potential location for its new $17 billion semiconductor plant.

The upcoming move of Tesla’s headquarters comes after Musk’s own personal move to Texas, which he confirmed last year.

Impact on Austin community

Laura Huffman, president and CEO of the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce, calls Tesla HQ’s move to Austin a “home run” for the community.

“We have to remember Tesla is already going to create around 10,000 jobs, and those are real jobs for real people right here in Austin,” she said. “They are career opportunities for people that might not have otherwise had those chances.”

She says those chances, which include the higher wages Tesla could offer, apply to people coming out of high school, as well as two-year and four-year degree programs.

Huffman called Austin “a community of innovation,” and with Tesla’s HQ, she says it would “cement that reputation, not just in Texas but around the world.”

Mayor Adler added, in an interview with KXAN Thursday, Austin is one of the most desirable places to live, and this announcement will continue to attract people worldwide. The airport could benefit from the extra attention the community is getting, too.

“I think that as the city continues to grow and as our links to more and more cities both domestically and internationally, that puts us in line to increase the number of direct flights we have going to more places,” he said.

As far as housing, Adler says Musk has “indicated intent to help build a considerable amount of housing in the community.” Huffman says housing is already going up around the Tesla gigafactory site.

https://www.kxan.com/news/business/elon-musk-announces-teslas-headquarters-will-move-to-austin/amp/

Hahaha... lol. Oh Cali...

Hahaha... lol. Oh Cali...

lol I love how easily dude like yourself will get down on their knees for a trumpanzee man like little simps. Just in time to get sold a truck like an obedient lemming

Tesla will begin production at its German Gigafactory by the end of the year
By Kim Lyons | October 10, 2021
Elon Musk said during an open house at Tesla’s new Gigafactory near Berlin this weekend that the company is aiming to begin production of its Model Y cars there before the end of the year. And the CEO added he’s hoping the plant will be producing between 5,000 and 10,000 vehicles weekly by the end of 2022, Bloomberg reported. But Tesla is still waiting for final approval for the plant, as local authorities evaluate its environmental impact on the area.

Tesla held a “Giga-Fest” county fair style event in Gruenheide near the Gigafactory on Saturday, which included music, rides, and food trucks along with tours of the new plant for local residents. Tesla’s German Gigafactory is in the final phases of construction, after being delayed several times by complaints from environmental groups in the area concerned about the factory’s water use and disruption to wildlife. Musk said Saturday that Tesla would plant more trees than it cut down during construction and use as little water as possible at the factory.

Musk first announced in 2019 that Tesla would locate its European Gigafactory— which he’s referred to as a “machine that builds the machine”— in Germany. The company said it aims to produce as many as 500,000 cars a year and have 12,000 employees at the plant.
https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/10/22719106/musk-tesla-germany-berlin-gigafactory-model-y

Ordering yourself more lube to celebrate this world changing event? The grand leader always hits his timelines and is an honest man trying to save humanity. <Lmaoo>
I think Elon has some dickish views and an annoying cult following, but Tesla as a company is legit. EVs are absolutely gonna obliterate gas cars over the next ten years and Tesla is in pole position. There’s also likely gonna be a distributed energy play that will blow up over the next 10 yrs, again with Tesla in the pole position. Between energy and transportation those are 2 of the biggest industries around. Tesla will likely end up being the biggest company in the world by market cap in 6-7 yrs.

Ordering yourself more lube to celebrate this world changing event? The grand leader always hits his timelines and is an honest man trying to save humanity. <Lmaoo>

Who ever said he always hits the timelines and is saving humanity? This kind of stuff makes it sound like Elon fucked your wife or something.

Who ever said he always hits the timelines and is saving humanity? This kind of stuff makes it sound like Elon fucked your wife or something.
I'm in a thread getting continually necro-upped because some dude on twitter announced he was opening a factory to build a fucking sedan lol....and some poor little men are cheering him on <Lmaoo>.
Musk is a cult leader for the dumbest aspirational boobs in the world.

You must live under a rock if you don't realize how many many mouthbreathers out there think this guy is a societal savior or revolutionary inventor.

I'm in a thread getting continually necro-upped because some dude on twitter announced he was opening a factory to build a fucking sedan lol....and some poor little men are cheering him on <Lmaoo>.
Musk is a cult leader for the dumbest aspirational boobs in the world.

You must live under a rock if you don't realize how many many mouthbreathers out there think this guy is a societal savior or revolutionary inventor.

Why don’t you quote one of these mouth breathers that’s in this thread then? Show us who is calling him a societal savior.

Because right now it seems no one, and it’s not even close, talks about him as much as you. Elon has built a factory inside your head. You are obsessed with this man more than anybody else.

Why don’t you quote one of these mouth breathers that’s in this thread then? Show us who is calling him a societal savior.

Because right now it seems no one, and it’s not even close, talks about him as much as you. Elon has built a factory inside your head. You are obsessed with this man more than anybody else.
Do you understand what the words "out there" mean?
Literally there are enormous "Elon Musk Fan Clubs" all over the internet. People think he is curing degenerative diseases with neuralink and invented battery technology and that some fucktard truck is gonna save us.
I work at music festivals sometimes and there are hippy bros setting up easels to paint tribute pieces to Elon.

Again: you live under a rock if you don't understand how many people out there whose intellectual capacity peaks with Marvel movies and think he is Tony Stark.

The city of Tulsa literally built a fucking enormous statue to beg Elon to come build a fucking factory. What else does your subterranean brain in order to grasp that it's a cult of retards?
5ec7f312988ee365c66907e7

Literally there are enormous "Elon Musk Fan Clubs" all over the internet. People think he is curing degenerative diseases with neuralink and invented battery technology and that some fucktard truck is gonna save us.
I work at music festivals sometimes and there are hippy bros setting up easels to paint tribute pieces to Elon.

Again: you live under a rock if you don't understand how many people out there whose intellectual capacity peaks with Marvel movies and think he is Tony Stark.

The city of Tulsa literally built a fucking enormous statue to beg Elon to come build a fucking factory. What else does your subterranean brain in order to grasp that it's a cult of retards?
5ec7f312988ee365c66907e7

Look at that statue dude, obviously they didn’t just build it for Elon, it’s clearly old and they just painted a Tesla logo on it to get some attention in bid to bring some jobs to town. Your obsession with this guy is clouding your mind and making you dumber.

Elon is basically a meme at this point. Drugged out dudes painting pics of him at music festivals is obviously tongue in cheek. You got to take some deep breaths before posting about this stuff.

Look at that statue dude, obviously they didn’t just build it for Elon, it’s clearly old and they just painted a Tesla logo on it to get some attention in bid to bring some jobs to town. Your obsession with this guy is clouding your mind and making you dumber.

Elon is basically a meme at this point. Drugged out dudes painting pics of him at music festivals is obviously tongue in cheek. You got to take some deep breaths before posting about this stuff.
Can you name a single other business person getting cities to erect tribute statues for them? Or anyone alive whatsoever?
"basically a meme at this point" is a nice circulatory way of conceding that he is a cult leader for morons lol.
Cheers

5ec7f312988ee365c66907e7

Back