Laura Sanko colour commentary - Rate It

What do you rate it at?

• Total voters
She has a very nice voice and articulate and sounds intelligent, but I like listening to commentaries from people who are actually experts in MMA and can learn things from, which she ain't.

It's like NBA plugging Doris or whatever her name is into NBA play off commentary. But it's the times we live in.

Political correctness and appealing to masses for their bottom line are what it's all about.

I'd give her 3, only because she speaks well.

But hey, it's better than MLB plugging softball players into coaching gigs and commentaries.
She was more accurate than "ooh hes hurt" or "oooh thats tight rogan." She was also the first one last night to call the choke. I think she was also the one talking about Stricklands "philly shell." She does her homework and has a lot of fight knowledge. Not sure how you could listen to her and she she is not experienced or as knowledgeable as most of the rest.

She needs to be a permanent part of the PPV commentary team if possible. She was great I thought. I think she's also more beneficial for someone new to the sport because she'll talk about the actual technique happening.

thumbsup-jennifer-lawrence.gif

Sherdog ganging up on poor old Justonce, what's new

Not a coincidence that it tends to happen when you make unwarranted disparaging remarks about someone...food for thought, hopefully ;)

She is miles ahead of meathead Rogan who doesn't think he needs to learn anything to do insightful commentary.

Be honest Sherbro's. Who among us said "Ezekiel" before Sanko? Only the 3rd in the UFC, and the first from mount.

I said it, but wasn't sure until I heard Laura confirm.

I did, but I knew about Oleinik and it's something we've worked in judo before (albeit with a gi).

Not a coincidence that it tends to happen when you make unwarranted disparaging remarks about someone...food for thought, hopefully ;)
This isn't the first time by far that he's been ganged up on, but he's gonna act like only this gang up is due to some ulterior motive

She did a good job directing DC and comes prepared with her background research and UFC historical stats. Sometimes the commentary was downright painful to listen to though, but it's hard to put all the blame on her first day.

She did a good job directing DC and comes prepared with her background research and UFC historical stats. Sometimes the commentary was downright painful to listen to though, but it's hard to put all the blame on her first day.

Yeah she was very well prepared and could explain what was going on, plus she's fucking hot, what's not to like?

She's better than Big John though, that guy acts like he's some big shot expert, while having never fought in his life, amatuer and/or professional. I will give her that.

I hated him when he said he was supposed to fight in the early ufc but became ref. My guy you had every opportunity to fight in mma boxing kickboxing anything and you didn't. You're a referee and nothing more. Plus his weird death serious face like he's at a funeral every day. Just smile. Tough guys don't mean mug everyday, they don't care about looking tough.

I'm not saying it's Alaskan Crab fishing, but it seems to be one of those things that appears easier than it actually is. We probably think anyone can pick up a mic and comment on what they see in the moment, but it's probably very easy to say something dumb or to bore people, etc. You gotta know the sport and the fighters.

yeah so you just prepare for it in advance by doing your homework, like when you have to do a PowerPoint presentation at work or stuff like that. Nothing special at all

Back