RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz DAZN PPV 8/5

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll be honest, even most of the ranked UFC fighters would lose to Jake Paul in boxing. He's doing everything right, from training, sparring, to coaching, marketing, gameplanning. Also zero need to adjust to new stances, rules, rounds etc.
Like it or not, Jake Paul's a legit boxer. Same rules would apply if a bunch of modern judokas who barely trained BJJ and want to enter Mundials or ADCC, they'd get bodied.

There are several components to this.

To start off - Paul fights handpicked opponents that are either grapplers, have no k.o power, or are old and past their prime, or a combination of all 3.

Woodley has no KO power?
tyron-woodley-ufc-167-knockout.gif

main-qimg-05e1a9ee8f5402eaac6cae7408a47565

keenan-snl.gif

Wow. Don't know for real? MMA fighters have terrible boxing skills - looping punches, telegraphed punches, smaller gloves, poor fight iq. The straight and the jab are still the most under utilized strikes in mma. They just get beaten to the punch.

Boxers have far superior striking. Hence tyron getting tooled.

Folks making bad excuses in here. Jake is not a good boxer, his jab is horrendous and he leaves his chin in the air. Reality is he's getting by just on being in better shape and having better fundamentals because older mma fighters have garbage mechanics.

How come UFC Fighters couldn't beat a Youtuber in a boxing match?
Are UFC fighters really this bad in boxing?
They can't even beat someone who's not as used to fighting as they are?

rmxgbvdcx1nqqixwjpl7.jpg

1313060132.0.jpg

0_Jake-Paul-vs-Anderson-Silva-Glendale-USA-29-Oct-2022.jpg

i
Boxing is just different.
Ben Askren is known for his wrestling

Woodley is a wrestler that would set up his punches by feinting his takedowns. In boxing with no threats of wrestling, it’s a rough night.

Anderson Silva is a Muay Thai fighter that sets up his punches with kicks. In pure boxing, he literally has no threats.

Nate Diaz… has decent jiu jitsu with terrible takedown defense and overrated striking. His striking is overstated bc his whole strategy is to act like Homer Simpson until his opponents gas, then he might land a one, two (the strikes he only has in his striking arsenal).

Not a bad point, but you’re creating an equally off scenario where he doesn’t end up dirty boxing against the cage sooner in the fight just by virtue of being in a Nate Diaz sloppy fist fight. He’s not some technical master w footwork to always keep the fight in the middle at range and neither is jake, so there’s a zero percent chance there wouldn’t be natural clinching scenarios sprinkled from rd 1 to rd whatever, and it’s not unreasonable to think Nate only needs one clinch trip to snatch up a guillotine against a hs wrestler
It's not unreasonable but I'm having a hard time seeing Nate do it. I think Jake has the strength a physicality to not end up in an awful position where he's giving up his back or neck in general. Nate has great bjj , which is more than enough to sub Jake to the moon and back but he A. Doesn't have great wrestling to just take Jake down at will and B. Has never even been a fighter to implement those kind of gameplans.

Punches Paul Diaz
Total thrown 491 392
Total landed 174 143
Percent 35% 37%
Jabs thrown 202 45
Jabs landed 34 8
Percent 17% 18%
Power thrown 289 347
Power landed 140 135
Percent 48% 39%

Mma fans trying to discredit every jake win is comical. Moving the goal posts. I remember when ben askren was suppose to beat him..mma boys just cant box and would get dropped in their primes too. Dana should send his champ to fight him then but he is too afraid of the mma killer jake paul
It's the constant moving of the goal posts that bothers me the most with all these salty bitch ass MMA fans.

Dig up the old threads on here and you'll find half of Sherdog proclaiming Ben fucking Askren was going to beat Paul.

You all got behind Askren, Woodley, Anderson and Nate. You were so confident Paul was about to be found out, but when they lose there's nothing but excuses. You guys still haven't learned. Just look at the poll for this fight with Nate.

It'll happen again next time. You'll all get on the Masvidal train when he's up next to fight Paul and then all jump off it as soon as the fight is over and claim Masvidal was too small and too past his prime... yada fucking yada.

Nate looked about as I expected, no power with pitty patter shots.

but the embarrassing thing for jake is he went the distance with this dude who is 2 weight classes below him, over a decade older / essentially retired and was his first ever pro boxing match. How do you go the distance with a dude like that.

sorry but if Diaz was in there with a proper pro like canelo or a prime Shane Mosley he would have been killed within a couple of rounds.

Jake would beat pretty much any current ufc fighter 205 and below in a boxing match.

not sure why people are jumping on the bandwagon, two completely different sports.

I doubt with them big gloves even if Paul stood still and Diaz punched as hard as he could he probably wouldn’t hurt him.

he could barely hurt guys in mma, had to be perfect and the end of those long punches and on the button.

man’s Paul was a good 20lbs bigger than him.

Back