Locked PWD 1156: Blood in Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm calling bull pucky on a referee being under contract in 87 JCP. Only the Road Warriors and Luger had contracts.

I cant remember who he was quoting but Kris said that Hebner asked for his release and also asked JCP to keep it hush hush cause he had a big opportunity in New York that had to be kept secret and Jimmy Jr agreed

Yea, I agree, that just dont sound right with what we know about the timeframe

Last edited:
I cant remember who he was quoting but Kris said that Hebner asked for his release and also asked JCP to keep it hush hush cause he had a big opportunity in New York that had to be kept secret and Jimmy Jr agreed

Yea, I agree, that just dont sound right with what we know about the timeframe
I imagine Crockett didn't pay much attention because their second PPV had just bombed and he's about to find out that they're $4 million in the hole.

@My Spot I really love this green and blue ring on NWA Worldwide right now, probably my all time favorite ring color scheme
Im wondering why the heck everyone is in tuxedos though

@My Spot I really love this green and blue ring on NWA Worldwide right now, probably my all time favorite ring color scheme
Im wondering why the heck everyone is in tuxedos though
I think it's from when Ric Flair was awarded that giant trophy for being PWI's 1987 rassler of the year and Dusty getting the prestigious Bunkhouse Stampede belt buckle. When Sting attacked JJ. And Baby Doll giving the dreaded envelope of pictures to Dusty.

I don't know why Punk insists on that shitty slick backed hair and hoodie look. He looks so bad. When he came back at Survivor Series, he looked a decade younger compared to how he looked in AEW or how he looked last night.

How was he received by you guys? I saw a bit of his promo and some of his other WWE return stuff and his lines just seem to fall a bit flat now.
His midlife crisis breathing its last as he approaches fifty might be entertaining if his body can hold up more than a week

Today I Learned: for the last 2 years Eric Bischoff had a podcast called Strictly Business
It was Eric’s desperate attempt to talk about anything besides WCW. Sorry, pal, that’s all we care about!

I don't like him but it's funny how so many people are butthurt over him listening to Cornette.

So here's the thing, we used to cross paths regularly and he's a super nice guy. As a person I think he's great. And I admire that he's done so much with so little. I just don't see it at all in terms of wrestling. I mean AT ALL.

I only knew him from trying to get into the UFC, had literally never watched a second of him in the ring. But, then the youngins in my family got into rassling a few years back maybe 5-6 years or so they pulled me in.

I started watching a lot of the stuff that I missed over the past ~20 years from when I had checked out. I heard great things about Punk yet every single time I see him talking or wrestling, when he was younger or more recent I'm just blown away that people pushed that guy to the top.

His midlife crisis breathing its last as he approaches fifty might be entertaining if his body can hold up more than a week
Hold the phone......was that guy saying people in their 40s can't wear hoodies?

I like wearing hoodies.

Hogan tossing Hebner like a sack of shit will never get old.

Hold the phone......was that guy saying people in their 40s can't wear hoodies?

I like wearing hoodies.
All I wear are hoodies. I was saying compared to how he looked when he first returned to WWE he looks old and tired, just like he did when he first returned to wrestling. When he came out at Survivor Series, his hair was a decent cut, he had a white tee on that made him look more jacked. He looked way younger and much better. The slicked back hair and hoodie look just makes him look like shit at this age.

So here's the thing, we used to cross paths regularly and he's a super nice guy. As a person I think he's great. And I admire that he's done so much with so little. I just don't see it at all in terms of wrestling. I mean AT ALL.

I only knew him from trying to get into the UFC, had literally never watched a second of him in the ring. But, then the youngins in my family got into rassling a few years back maybe 5-6 years or so they pulled me in.

I started watching a lot of the stuff that I missed over the past ~20 years from when I had checked out. I heard great things about Punk yet every single time I see him talking or wrestling, when he was younger or more recent I'm just blown away that people pushed that guy to the top.
I've never "gotten" Punk either. He can cut a good promo but that's about it. Played the victim for years even though he was WWE champion for over 400 days.

WWE could potentially be setting up two huge Summerslam matches.

Rock vs Cody
Punk vs Drew vs Seth

@moonwolf I'm a tell ya straight up, dawg. I'm pretty good at this psychology stuff. I'm tapped into that wavelength and then some, jack. Biology...not so much. I don't like it!

b482ox2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back