Media Sean O'Malley eyes Ilia Topuria fight with possible win in Chito rematch

This is what the sports come to. I thank all the dumb cunt fans.

Ilia wins title, rematch Volk? No thanks. Fight Evloev an undefeated prospect in the top 5? No way, he needs to finish a fight first. Who does Ilia want? CONOR MCREGOR.

Omalley wins the title, gets a gift first title defense vs a guy who shouldn't be in the top 10 and he's already talking about ignoring Merab, Sandhagen, Umar etc. To go have a "superfight" with Ilia.

Islam Makhachev? Hasn't defended vs a Lightweight yet and he's already asking to move up and fight for the WW title...Jesus Christ.

Poatan is a paper champion at 205 who's been babied his entire career and he's trying to fight Tom fucking Aspinall?

Has Dricus said some dumb shit yet too? I feel like he has.
And that's why Izzy was one of the best Champions the UFC has ever had because he fought whoever was deserving.. You probably was hating on Izzy tho

We just gotta hope Chito gets it done. He's over the biggest hurdle most have facing guys like this which is the mental part. Chito's already beat him, and before the calf kick Omalley wasnt piecing him up. I think he has the best chance of anyone right now to beat him.

And that's why Izzy was one of the best Champions the UFC has ever had because he fought whoever was deserving.. You probably was hating on Izzy tho

I don't really hate on anyone. I might be hyperbolic on here and some times crass and joking but I try to be objective. I'm much more a fan of the sport than of specific fighters or styles or nationalities. I may have opinions people disagree with and sometimes I exaggerate them to troll, but when we get down to it they tend to be well supported.

Izzys personality sucks ass, but I don't actually care. As a fighter he was a great strike with solid takedown defense who controlled range, used his length and Countered super well. I do think he fought in an incredibly shallow era of Middleweight and Middleweight is still much worse than it was nearly a decade ago. Still the 2nd best MW of all time and I'd probably favor him to beat Dricus. He never did have to face a dominant MMA wrestler though, would love to see him vs Khamzat, Bo or Ikram someday. (Not sure how great Ikram or Bo will turn out to be but potentially).

Very true. I was pretty indifferent to Izzy, but one thing I liked about him a lot is he fought often as a champ and fought whoever was the the most deserving contender… called out guys who were considered bad fights for him (whether stylistically or monetarily) for the sole reason they were next in line. That’s what I want to see in a champ.

IF Sean gets past Chito, his chances of beating Topuria in a mma fight are 1%. And that is being nice. Topuria would have no incentive for that fight other than an easy big pay day. He would ko Sean pretty easily. And quickly. It wouldn’t be close at all at any point for however long it would last.

Chito looked like dogshit two fights ago. He does not deserve a title shot. O'Malley is terrible though, so he might lose again, but Merab would run through that guy.

People might think I hate on the guy, but I'm the only guy I know who said O'Malley is a better striker than Yan long before that fight happened on Sherdog. He's talented on the feet, but as an MMA fighter, he's not much at all. He would have never won that Bellator BW Gp.

And Topuria is better fight for O'Malley than is for Merab. Would lose to both, but Topuria is much, much better fight for O'Malley. Topuria is much, much better fighter than O'Malley will ever be, but I wouldn't count O'Malley in that one. I don't give him much of chance against Merab if at all. Literally would get ran over.

They should strip O'Malley if he ducks Merab.
Either guy between merrab and Topuria would easily win. I would think if he is trying to hold his belt for a while he will absolutely refuse fighting merab even if dana is saying he is the top challenger.

O’malley emasculated Merabs butt buddy already
They are very different fighters. Styles, what they are great at, lots of stuff. I’m not a Merab fan, but it’s undeniable that he is the next guy up. He has more than earned the next TS and absolutely deserves it. On top of it he now seems to have a lot more fans than he used to.

He is doing everything to avoid merab.

Bullshit at least he need to clean his division to fight.

Defending title against number 6 is just nothing than hiding

Ilia wins title, rematch Volk? No thanks. Fight Evloev an undefeated prospect in the top 5? No way, he needs to finish a fight first. Who does Ilia want? CONOR MCREGOR.

Omalley wins the title, gets a gift first title defense vs a guy who shouldn't be in the top 10 and he's already talking about ignoring Merab, Sandhagen, Umar etc. To go have a "superfight" with Ilia.

Islam Makhachev? Hasn't defended vs a Lightweight yet and he's already asking to move up and fight for the WW title...Jesus Christ.

Poatan is a paper champion at 205 who's been babied his entire career and he's trying to fight Tom fucking Aspinall?

Alex babied? GTFO he won all his fights and KOd Izzy and Strickland and Jiri stfu

Man I love Sean O'Malley, dude really knows his value. I'm a fan, although I think the open relationship stuff is a bit gross/weird.

I think he has a real shot against Topuria and would rather see that than boring ass Merab.

<6>

DDP was calling for LHW shot prior to fighting Sean

Taking a low risk/high reward at a different weight while hoping some of these contenders where he holds the belt eliminate each other. I've seen this one before...

Back