Media Sean O'Malley eyes Ilia Topuria fight with possible win in Chito rematch

This champ champ, super fight stuff is overdone at this point. Face the contender in your division. Merab has done more than enough to earn a title shot.

This is what the sports come to. I thank all the dumb cunt fans.

Ilia wins title, rematch Volk? No thanks. Fight Evloev an undefeated prospect in the top 5? No way, he needs to finish a fight first. Who does Ilia want? CONOR MCREGOR.

Omalley wins the title, gets a gift first title defense vs a guy who shouldn't be in the top 10 and he's already talking about ignoring Merab, Sandhagen, Umar etc. To go have a "superfight" with Ilia.

Islam Makhachev? Hasn't defended vs a Lightweight yet and he's already asking to move up and fight for the WW title...Jesus Christ.

Poatan is a paper champion at 205 who's been babied his entire career and he's trying to fight Tom fucking Aspinall?

Has Dricus said some dumb shit yet too? I feel like he has.
Go sit in the corner and finish your cereal, gramps.

Hell no, stop this double champ bullshit please. He’s already getting a gift not defending against either of the most deserving guys. He has a list of contenders in his division and so does Topuria.

Go sit in the corner and finish your cereal, gramps.

GIF_FF_THEYRE_GREAT.gif

Sean is ducking Merab to fight a bigger scarier guy who can actually finish fights via sub and KO?

Some of y'all need to get your heads checked.

Nobody wants to see boring Merab who has one finish in like 12 or 13 UFC fights. I hope he gets the Belal treatment.

I would love to see that fight. UFC fans are weird and they seem to think a fighter can’t move up or down weight classes and fight at whatever weight they want and somehow frown upon it.

Some guy bagged on O’Malley as he kicked out being champ.
and then O’Malley needs to prove himself against umar nagumadev. As umar is so accomplished so much in the sport.

Can't say I blame him. Champs get PPV points, so of course he'd rather have the more fan friendly fight over a guy with more losses than finishes in the UFC and has shot for 76 TDs in his last 3 fights(2 of which were 3 rnds). His chances of losing are about the same for both, but it's more money and more fun to risk getting KO'd in a fire fight than a decision machine spamming TDs.

LOL, this straight up sounds like he's trying to avoid a fight with Merab. Hopefully the UFC doesn't go for this nonsense. There are challengers at 145 now that Volk lost his belt, and O'Malley hasn't done near enough to warrant moving up a division.

This bullshit must stop.

O'Malley hasn't even defended and he already wants a fight with ilia? Mcg ruined the sport with these dual champ fights.
I honestly think it has more to do with him ducking Merab. If he had weak contenders at 135 to cherry pick from, he probably wouldn't be thinking about moving up to fight Topuria. However, Merab has pretty much cemented himself as the #1 contender.

The only hope O'Malley has to avoid Merab is if Ajlemain Sterling says he wants to rematch O'Malley, and calls out Merab for a #1 contender bout. Sterling could very well take out Merab. Styles make fights, and if anyone could beat Merab, it would be Sterling.

Edit: I know Sterling is moving to featherweight, but if he loses against Calvin Kattar he might change his mind and come back down to 135. Kattar is a legit 145er and I think Sterling is gonna struggle with the size of 145ers.

Chito looked like dogshit two fights ago. He does not deserve a title shot. O'Malley is terrible though, so he might lose again, but Merab would run through that guy.

People might think I hate on the guy, but I'm the only guy I know who said O'Malley is a better striker than Yan long before that fight happened on Sherdog. He's talented on the feet, but as an MMA fighter, he's not much at all. He would have never won that Bellator BW Gp.

And Topuria is better fight for O'Malley than is for Merab. Would lose to both, but Topuria is much, much better fight for O'Malley. Topuria is much, much better fighter than O'Malley will ever be, but I wouldn't count O'Malley in that one. I don't give him much of chance against Merab if at all. Literally would get ran over.

They should strip O'Malley if he ducks Merab.

O'malley is not terrible, he ended Aljo easily, but if you want to say that he was gifted a decision against Yan, I agree with u, that was 3-0 Yan all day.

Doubt it, those 2 are just generating media attention and then they fight in 3 -5 years.

Hey champions: DEFEND YOUR TITLES AGAINST YOUR OWN DIVISION CONTENDERS!!!!

Back