Time to start carrying a gun

...because the second one would have most likely killed him (TS). It all depends on timing and the circumstances, but given that all 3 fire at once and hit the target, one of the robbers would be alive. Can you punch 2 guys at the same time when they are both punching at you?
If you’re me, you can.

@franklinstower I was (reportedly) sprayed with the highest capsaicin concentration* that's available, and seperately locked in a bunker after having a CS canister thrown in... I've been exposed. Everything was fucking horrible, but nothing was incapacitating if I wanted to murder someone.

As for the added volume*, you're just as likely to fighting through it yourself. So I guess mark it as an advantage if you know for sure you can fight better than the other guy suffering through the same. Probably better than nothing, but not my first, second, or third choice.
That's a bird gun, get a 12 guage with 00 shells.

I only want to kill the.person I'm trying to kill. I don't need shot going through walls and killing the wrong person.

...because the second one would have most likely killed him (TS). It all depends on timing and the circumstances, but given that all 3 fire at once and hit the target, one of the robbers would be alive. Can you punch 2 guys at the same time when they are both punching at you?

You're assuming these are the Vietcong or the Japanese infantry during WWII. One of your criminal buddies get lit the fuck up I bet you're leaving instead of returning fire. That is the case in like 99% of justified civilian shootings.

@Scrody And nevermind the natural body alarm reaction even if you're tier 1 and killing motherfuckers every night is to shrink back to cover when you get fired on. No one overcomes that reaction.

@Phr3121 You have the image that number two is going to take fire, stand there, and pivot with his gun drawn. That's not how shit goes down.

This is absolutely full bore stupid.

What makes you think there were only 2 robbers involved? TS could only see 2. There might have been 3. Plus, if they have a driver waiting, that would make it 4. Why was that room targeted? If I am part of the 'robbing' team and my buddies are killed, I think I would want some paypack. Would you want to be the family driving back home alone on the highway after the incident. You've been staked out, only to have someone pull up next to you on the highway and open fire.

The scenario you portrayed can never be guaranteed. Do you know the layout of the room? These things happen fast and are unpredictable. Either way, keeping the door closed was the right thing to do.

I only want to kill the.person I'm trying to kill. I don't need shot going through walls and killing the wrong person.
That's what I've been advocating and 00 shells would meet those requirements. At the end of the day you need a certain amount of lethality. A bunch of birdshot opening a shallow hole in a human won't stop him from killing you. You need to hit vital organs.

@luckyshot Scared? I guess you should be a good citizen and arm up then!
Scared? Not really, no.

Crazy people with guns are just a fact of life in Murica.

Me owning 75 AR-15s wouldn’t change the fact that some libertarian incel might murk me while I’m enjoying my Grand Slammy at the local Denny’s knock-off.

@luckyshot Even better, if you're concerned about a fantasy regarding people whose philosophy boils down to the Non-Aggression Principle get a Glock (or CZ if you're @Cubo de Sangre) and conceal carry.

What makes you think there were only 2 robbers involved? TS could only see 2. There might have been 3. Plus, if they have a driver waiting, that would make it 4. Why was that room targeted? If I am part of the 'robbing' team and my buddies are killed, I think I would want some paypack. Would you want to be the family driving back home alone on the highway after the incident. You've been staked out, only to have someone pull up next to you on the highway and open fire.

The scenario you portrayed can never be guaranteed. Do you know the layout of the room? These things happen fast and are unpredictable. Either way, keeping the door closed was the right thing to do.

{<doc}

Are you seriously the one telling others this isn't Hollywood with that post.

You obviously don't open the door, it's if they break the door in. That is what he was afraid of.

wut? no, if two of your buddies get hosed, your ass is di di mauing yesterday.

I had a situation like that once in San Antonio. Long Story Short I got talked into staying at a complete shit motel on Broadway, (think Deathwish) It was an old outdoor type.

The phone was painted into the wall. Floor was more comfortable than the bed.

At about 12:30 someone starts rifling the doorknob trying to get in. I had a 45 with me.
I went to the side of the door and racked the slide on it making an audible cocking noise, kinda like so:

Instantly you could hear the fucking hand turn loose of that door knob.

This room was in the middle so there was a good 45 yards on either side before you could turn a corner to get out of sight.

I opened the door, check bother directions but the scumbag(s) vanished.

That's my memorable stay in San Antonio Story!

I hope that’s not you in the video! NEVER leave your damn finger on the trigger!

I'
Same thing when I spent time in Spain. You can go to the pub, have a great conversation, and have people actually bring you food (not nuts and popcorn, good food) on the house.

I can hardly picture that concept working here; you know what would happen under such a paradigm. It would be a bunch of shitheads talking shit, ordering a single beer, and harping on staff to bring out more free food, then leaving no tip, cuz you know, tipping is stupid.... Then maybe a carjacking on your way out; followed by going online about how bad it is in other countries where people don't have guns everywhere.
Aren't Americans generally the most generous when it comes to tips?

Yeah, I made a mistake there because I got a bit off track from my original point.
The feeling of the TS was that he needs a gun because it is too dangerous to go with his family anywhere.
That feeling would be unacceptable to me. Carrying a gun because you want to be prepared is a bit different.
You would still go anywhere without your gun you just prefer to take it.
Same with having a gun in your home. Having a gun to protect your house just in case would be a good thing.
I understand there is a fine line between the points I am trying to make.

Yeah, Germany doesn't really have a military anymore. We had more combat ready aircraft in May 1945 than in May 2018 :).

I actually can appreciate the differences in what you're saying. They may appear to be fine lines, but there is a chasm between the mentalities. One is a preparedness issue and the other is almost a paralysis through paranoia. I am about the biggest "gun nut" around and I have no problem with, and even support being armed anywhere you go. There's absolutely nothing wrong in my opinion with being ready and able to defend yourself and those around you in any situation that may arise; but if someone legitimately feels unsafe without a gun, then there may be an underlying psychological issue with that person. Fortunately I don't think anyone in the thread (up to your post here, I haven't read through the entire thread) is really coming from the latter perspective.

That's what I've been advocating and 00 shells would meet those requirements. At the end of the day you need a certain amount of lethality. A bunch of birdshot opening a shallow hole in a human won't stop him from killing you. You need to hit vital organs.

Everyone has an opinion and everyone thinks they are right and everyone has a ton of experience and everyone disagrees with one another.

Argument crushed.

No, the argument was not crushed. I've seen that video before. The guy punches one attacker at a time. The attackers try to punch him one at a time also. Anyone well trained in fighting can do that. A good solid kick or head-butt would have also worked well. I personally don't care to break my fingers punching hard bone in the head. The punch should be aimed at the throat.

Back