TOPBOXER gear and equipment CUSTOM boxing gloves and other gear

Hi guys

Im new here

I dont really want to bother muhammad by emailing him since i dont have the funds to purchase gloves just yet but im wondering if anyone can help me out by answering a few questions

What kind of padding is available?

What colors are available and are specific colors more expensive than others?

Am i able to add my own logo and in what format would i have to submit it in?

And last but not least what type of glove would be best for all around use? Including bag work, mitt work, and sparring

Ill answer these as best I can buddy.

The 2 main types of padding are injection mould (IMF) and layered padding.

I believe Mo can get most standard colours and there are metallic options too which are extra.

You can add your own logo, it would probably be best as a high resolution .jpg or even better as a .bmp or an .rtf file. I'm not an expert though but those are the types I've seen most of in terms of logos.

Glove type is personal preference. Generally IMF padding lasts longer but layered padding feels better in my experience. Some might disagree though.

Hi guys

Im new here

I dont really want to bother muhammad by emailing him since i dont have the funds to purchase gloves just yet but im wondering if anyone can help me out by answering a few questions

What kind of padding is available?

What colors are available and are specific colors more expensive than others?

Am i able to add my own logo and in what format would i have to submit it in?

And last but not least what type of glove would be best for all around use? Including bag work, mitt work, and sparring

Muhammad offers:

1) IMF
2) Standard Layered latex foam
3) "Orthopedic" foam
4) Horsehair

I would say the orthopedic foam might potentially be best for all around use. I've not owned a pair (I have with the standard latex and IMF) but goldenboy gives it very high praise. A traditionally made horsehair pair of gloves might end up costing you $200. I think the others are all $150 unless you get crazy on the leathers/colours but don't quote me on that, and I wouldn't be surprised if orthopedic foam is a little more expensive too.

Failing that you might be interested in just picking up a pair of the stock "Winning inspired" gloves which would be suitable for all of those although the wrist support isnt top end in the velcro model. It's $125, and you could go on to customise it too in your own way if you pay more, but the padding is excellent anyway which is why I bring it up.

Practically any colour at all that you can think of is available. People have gotten some crazy combinations. Patent leathers, metallic leathers, snakeskin etc etc. The more "exotic" leathers will come with a price.

I have sent him 5 different logos in the past which were produced on gloves, and also on handwraps. I cant remember what format I sent them in, and none were particularly high quality images but they still looked great on the actual product regardless so I wouldn't worry about this too much.

I don't have pictures of the wraps on me, but for our logo-d gloves, these were 3 of the different logos used:

1472912_596326323748243_1685749919_n.jpg

Slightly different version of that logo with writing around, in this instance coming out a tiny bit lopsided:

578437_319297321545082_551588399_n.jpg

And another logo:

182848_252119901596158_2022395357_n.jpg

So just to add to what people have already posted:

Padding:
1. IMF
a. Soft
b. Medium/Standard
c. Firm/Dense
2. Layered
a. 2-Layered "Grant type"
b. 3-Layered "Winning type"
c. 4-Layered "Ringside type" (although not exactly the same composition)
3. Horsehair
4. Gel
5. Orthopedic
6. Specific combinations of aforementioned padding types

Palm Padding:
1. EVA foam
2. Cotton filled

Cuff:
1. Flat
2. Segmented "Winning type"
3. Segmented triple cuff

Colors:
1. Cowhide (email Muhammad/Bill for all color requests)
a. Off the top of my head: Red, burgundy/maroon/wine, pink, black, gray, royal blue, navy blue, aquamarine, sky blue, white, yellow, green (multiple shades), purple. orange, etc...
2. Snake/Croc (email Muhammad/Bill for colors, textures, and patterns)
3. Neon
a. Green (keylime/Deathstriker)
b. Green (Ultra fluorescent/Thong)
c. Yellow
4. Metallic
a. Gold
b. Silver
c. Blue
d. Red
e. Green
5. Patent Authentic Cowhide and Patent Synthetic
a. Black
b. White
c. Blue
d Red
6. "Ringside Heritage type" Natural Brown

Closure:
1. Lace
2. Velcro 180
3. Velcro 360

that's what I got off the top of my head

could you elaborate the different types of padding? what types of padding are best for a combination of padwork and sparring?

If they just posted all this information with descriptions on a website/blog page or facebook it would make things 10x easier.

or can we edit the first post of this thread and contribute that info? so if anybody ever asks without looking we can just tell them look on the first page

What they should do is make some sort of thing like Nike ID where you can customize your own gloves online with specific styles, color patterns, materials etc.

Might talk with Muhammad and try and make something like what has been described here by a few of you, and then make a Topboxer 2.0 thread with the information in the OP

thanks Minowafanatic...I was planning on buying a pair of gloves from TobBoxer till I read the many different types of padding. im sure im gonna get my money worth, but its also nice to know what I bought too.

With confusion over the "Winning inspired" gloves, to make it more clear, the version of the gloves I've just put a review up here is the stock glove that's on offer at $125 with shipping.

Pictures don't do them justice at all. My camera can't even catch the true color of the metallic red. It's truly amazing and genuine.

The orthopedic 12oz are supposed to be the most protective 12oz gloves I've yet to have use according to Muhammad. I believe him, the padding is hard to describe, picture something like 15-20% harder than winnings.

The Green 16oz are really heavy on the hand and super tight. I can't imagine wearing these with my wraps right now. I chose the punchers glove type padding. Now the padding honestly feels like something off an everlast glove. I really wouldn't want to be hit by these. BUT I could assure you it is of very high quality.

My gloves with the Bill logo are far more slimmer for some reason. I really liked that aspect of the glove.

Once putting my hand inside the glove, you feel like you can count on these. Extreme comfort and the lining is just gracefully soft. Couldn't ask for much more.

Just very small things here and there I will mention in a review once I get some rounds under them.

351z9tt.jpg

What's your opinion for orthopedic foam after all ?Looking forward to seeing that review !

Beaulieu gear is still there as it has been. No changes at all.

But these clones are available ONLY from Topboxer. They are not and they will not be available from Beaulieu.

In general, there is no difference between the 2 in general. All Beaulieu gear was and is designed 100% by Topboxer and made by him. Bill contribution, with all respect, has been his name and his second to none CS.

Thank you for your clarification. Let me add more. I too was in the glove business 30 years ago up until the mid 2000's. Topboxer contacted me to see If I'd like to continue and that began our relationship. He does "Winning CLONES" for his label and he makes the "Old School" Flores like hair padded gloves , along with custom gear for my line. We don't go over to the other side, so to speak. He does excellent work and yes his quality is exceptional. I refer bulk orders to him and he sends the custom request to me. I own BEAULIEU gear and if you want to consider that being the middle man, then that's me.

Thanks for your support. Bill.

What's your opinion for orthopedic foam after all ?Looking forward to seeing that review !

Just finished up the review. I just need time to post it and 're word some stuff.

Only thing I regret is not getting the 16oz ortho foam. That padding is quality.

Just finished up the review. I just need time to post it and 're word some stuff.

Only thing I regret is not getting the 16oz ortho foam. That padding is quality.

I was looking for an all around use glove,doing 80% bag/mitt work and 20% sparring.Ortho seems best choice.

Bill only sells to USA. TopBoxer does not.

Clarification............wish some would get their facts straight. I sell world wide, not just US. Topboxer makes his own line and makes gear for my label too. Does excellent work.

Topboxer is compensated generously for his work, believe me.

Back