WRDL: Sign up sheet, Debate Topics & Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sohei
Could be way off, but I seem to remember you being someone that was pretty vocal in a "south will rise" kind of thread. Any interest in debating someone (Captain Davis) here in the League about whether the South was justified in secession?

Yes. I certainly would argue against any institutional racism in the United States, and sincerely hope anyone who disagrees is willing to step up and debate otherwise.
Cool. I'll put you down for that question. I think @Falsedawn is probably game so maybe we can set this up as the next debate.

@Limbo Pete

Willing to do 5 - against.

I would give other debaters the chance first, though, if someone steps up.

@Sohei
Could be way off, but I seem to remember you being someone that was pretty vocal in a "south will rise" kind of thread. Any interest in debating someone (Captain Davis) here in the League about whether the South was justified in secession?
If no one steps up on this one, and it is far enough down the road, I would definitely explain why the south had no right to secede and the union had every right to bring the treasonous slave states to their knees.

If no one steps up on this one, and it is far enough down the road, I would definitely explain why the south had no right to secede and the union had every right to bring the treasonous slave states to their knees.
Roger that!
I'll tentatively add you in for 7 but we'll see if Sohei responds or someone else wants in on it..

What's this? I was declared victor, and not only a victor, but victor by a landslide. Are the local plebeians getting uppity?
I'll give you the chance to get a 1 there to even it out. You did challenge me to a debate. You asked me to choose topic.

Just a few ideas -

11 could be expanded to include the decriminalization debate, or that could be a separate subject.

A topic I know little about, but is getting more attention is Universal Basic Income. A debate between our more economy minded members could be both informative and interesting.

Just a few ideas -

11 could be expanded to include the decriminalization debate, or that could be a separate subject.

A topic I know little about, but is getting more attention is Universal Basic Income. A debate between our more economy minded members could be both informative and interesting.

Ditto. I'm on the fence there so I'd like to see a debate.

Another one I wouldn't mind participating in is fiat money.

Just a few ideas -

That's a good idea on the decriminalization. I'll work it in. Basic income could be interesting too.

Ditto. I'm on the fence there so I'd like to see a debate.

Another one I wouldn't mind participating in is fiat money.
I'm not sure how to frame a question about fiat money but something like that seems like a good one.

"Should the United States return to the Gold Standard?"
Well I suppose that would do lol
I was overthinking it
I don't want to go past 15 questions so i'll pull one that hasnt had any interest

These are some great topics.

I wish I knew enough about any of them to participate :rolleyes:

You choose. You challenged me.
Ok, let's debate whether the Epicurean trilemma demolishes Christianity. You can alter it to your liking, as long as I'm informed about what we're having the discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back