Antarctica Melting 3x Faster Than We Thought

If you dont have shit figured out, maybe try and stop preaching to people who disagree with you as though they're stupid, or below you.
You are in fact far below him, and not close to as smart as he is. Your ideas are not good, and you are either not educated or paid no attention. You know very little, and you half-heartedly troll as if you are both smart and stupid. What you should do is learn things, instead of wasting away in this haze that you are in. You obviously have potential to be a smart, educated person. Your are a very clever troll and troublemaker, a very bad person with bad intentions. It wouldn't be all that hard to put that energy back into being a decent person.

You are in fact far below him, and not close to as smart as he is. Your ideas are not good, and you are either not educated or paid no attention. You know very little, and you half-heartedly troll as if you are both smart and stupid. What you should do is learn things

<24>

You are in fact far below him, and not close to as smart as he is. Your ideas are not good, and you are either not educated or paid no attention. You know very little, and you half-heartedly troll as if you are both smart and stupid. What you should do is learn things, instead of wasting away in this haze that you are in. You obviously have potential to be a smart, educated person. Your are a very clever troll and troublemaker, a very bad person with bad intentions. It wouldn't be all that hard to put that energy back into being a decent person.
Dude, don’t feed the trolls. I don’t even read the posts of some Sherdoggers and I never read ‘readers comments’ or FB-comments on many articles.

Net result is only that you (or I atleast) get annoyed etc and feel all these negative emotions toward someone who means nothing to you and they win. I see nothing good come from this and probably is bad for your health. Trolls are not in it for meaningfull discussions.

I thought the narrative was that if we didn't make BIG changes we were doomed? So we are just trying to minimize our impact huh? I can get behind that.

The whole chicken little dance in regards to the Paris climate thing and the EPA woes led me to believe otherwise

It's almost certain that humans have made a big impact on earths natural carbon cycle and we are seeing changes that we haven't observed in a very long time. I really don't know what's going to happen but if the trends that the climate models are showing us come to pass then we may be in for rough times ahead. This won't have a huge effect me per say but I want to leave the world a better place for my children and this is something that we can actually at least attempt to change.

The guy who likes to dig up peoples personal info and pass it around to his efriends wants call me a bad person, hilarious. With your track record and 16 years of community college, the DNC should be giving you a phone call any day now bud.

Dude, don’t feed the trolls. I don’t even read the posts of some Sherdoggers and I never read ‘readers comments’ or FB-comments on many articles.

Net result is only that you (or I atleast) get annoyed etc and feel all these negative emotions toward someone who means nothing to you and they win. I see nothing good come from this and probably is bad for your health. Trolls are not in it for meaningfull discussions.
I go back with Sniper here a bit, so he's not some rando troll to me. I agree with you in general though.

The guy who likes to dig up peoples personal info and pass it around to his efriends wants call me a bad person, hilarious. With your track record and 16 years of community college, the DNC should be giving you a phone call any day now bud.
So you have no response for yourself. Seriously dude, educate yourself on climate and stuff. You can't appreciate just how full of shit and ignorant you are about it, and what an ass you look like with your derp wisdoms. The facts of this are something you can logically reason about, or figure out on your own, it's something you have to learn about, from scientists. It's been a long time since I've been in the personal info war and I won't be going back to that crap, but I stand by my choices and consequences that came of it, but thanks for your fake concern about that.

So you have no response for yourself. Seriously dude, educate yourself on climate and stuff. You can't appreciate just how full of shit and ignorant you are about it, and what an ass you look like with your derp wisdoms. The facts of this are something you can logically reason about, or figure out on your own, it's something you have to learn about, from scientists. It's been a long time since I've been in the personal info war and I won't be going back to that crap, but I stand by my choices and consequences that came of it, but thanks for your fake concern about that.
Me telling someone it's a bad idea to act high and mighty results in you questioning my intelligence and coming to the conclusion that I'm a bad person. You are the reason trump is the president. Maybe if you got off your high horse and got humbled, anyone outside of your 5 circle jerk buddies would give a shit what you had to say, and maybe you wouldnt have to live with trump ruining your life for the next 6 years. Some more free derp wisdom for you, smart guy.

Me telling someone it's a bad idea to act high and mighty results in you questioning my intelligence and coming to the conclusion that I'm a bad person. You are the reason trump is the president. Maybe if you got off your high horse and got humbled, anyone outside of your 5 circle jerk buddies would give a shit what you had to say, and maybe you wouldnt have to live with trump ruining your life for the next 6 years. Some more free derp wisdom for you, smart guy.
None of this is going to help you learn anything about the climate, it's just going to reinforce the derp. This is harming you. Learn things, know stuff.

None of this is going to help you learn anything about the climate, it's just going to reinforce the derp. This is harming you. Learn things, know stuff.
You're so far off the deep end you're even painting me as a climate change denier, lol. Can you see the problem here?

Here's what we can do that is productive:

Get over the politics of it. Most of the people on both sites have no clue what they are talking about.

Develop strategies of adaptability, the debate is over in so far as their is a runaway affect happening that won't be stopped.

Everyone agrees (or should agree) that we really need to get a handle on particulate pollution. That is undoubtedly our fault.

For the left, climate science is still in its infancy, no need to pretend we know everything. For the right, stop using irrelevant but technically true statements like "the climate is always changing" to defend your selfishness.

Last, the global sea level rise is a big inconvenience but on balance this warming trend is pretty tame and relatively manageable.

Here's what we can do that is productive:

Get over the politics of it. Most of the people on both sites have no clue what they are talking about.

Develop strategies of adaptability, the debate is over in so far as their is a runaway affect happening that won't be stopped.

Everyone agrees (or should agree) that we really need to get a handle on particulate pollution. That is undoubtedly our fault.

For the left, climate science is still in its infancy, no need to pretend we know everything. For the right, stop using irrelevant but technically true statements like "the climate is always changing" to defend your selfishness.

Last, the global sea level rise is a big inconvenience but on balance this warming trend is pretty tame and relatively manageable.

there are literally millions being displaced due to sea level rise in bangladesh alone. is this because of man-made climate change? i suppose thats debatable, but its hardly manageable. all indications are that instances like this will only be increasing. where will these people go? to already crowded cities?

cities in developed countries, like miami, are also experiencing unusual flooding.

and who claims to know for certain that there is nothing we can do to reverse this? i lean on the pessimistic side, that we're already past that point, but im far from SURE about that. who is?

4624.jpg

global_warming_bangladesh.jpg

Why? The govt is going to insure your home so you're pretty much win-win.

I would GUESS (I'm guessing here) that won't be the norm forever. The Gov't is going to get out of the flood insurance business and people are going to have to go into the bootstrap business.

Maybe.

I would GUESS (I'm guessing here) that won't be the norm forever. The Gov't is going to get out of the flood insurance business and people are going to have to go into the bootstrap business.

Maybe.

Well, I hope they get out of the flood insurance business. Only a crony or a moron would have ever agreed to insure housing that insurance companies wouldn't touch.

There is no climate change just giant volcano under the water that melt the ice.

It's normal.

The rate of Antarctic ice melt has tripled in the past five years, with more than 200 billion tons of ice flooding into oceans annually, according to new research.

If melting continues at this pace, we could expect an extra 6 inches of sea level rise by 2100 on top of present projections.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/climate-change-news-antarctica-ice-melting-faster-global-warming

So, if anyone still cares about stuff like science or climate change... it's still there.
People believe these things for the same reason that primitive people would sacrifice animals in order to get a bountiful harvest or be spared being struck by lightning. They fear the future, and they want to believe that they are doing something in order to save themselves from doom. When we are told a noble lie by grant-seeking, attention-craving academics, we believe it because we want to believe it. We want to believe that the future is going to be OK, especially when all we have to do to make it OK is recycle cans and turn off our lights when we are not using them. This is the real psychological motivation behind the desperate desire to believe in the global warming myth. We are scared, and we want someone to save us from the future. And we jump at the chance of controlling the future, especially when it means recycling cans, rather than having to deal with our own sinfulness. We invent a new morality that justifies us rather than having to comply with the old morality. Freedom to commit adultery, as long as we recycle cans to save the planet. Sanctification through purchasing carbon credits, instead of sanctification through chastity, sobriety and self-control.

People believe these things for the same reason that primitive people would sacrifice animals in order to get a bountiful harvest or be spared being struck by lightning. They fear the future, and they want to believe that they are doing something in order to save themselves from doom. When we are told a noble lie by grant-seeking, attention-craving academics, we believe it because we want to believe it. We want to believe that the future is going to be OK, especially when all we have to do to make it OK is recycle cans and turn off our lights when we are not using them. This is the real psychological motivation behind the desperate desire to believe in the global warming myth. We are scared, and we want someone to save us from the future. And we jump at the chance of controlling the future, especially when it means recycling cans, rather than having to deal with our own sinfulness. We invent a new morality that justifies us rather than having to comply with the old morality. Freedom to commit adultery, as long as we recycle cans to save the planet. Sanctification through purchasing carbon credits, instead of sanctification through chastity, sobriety and self-control.

The first part sounds like Christianity\Islam\Judaism to me.

there are literally millions being displaced due to sea level rise in bangladesh alone. is this because of man-made climate change? i suppose thats debatable, but its hardly manageable. all indications are that instances like this will only be increasing. where will these people go? to already crowded cities?

cities in developed countries, like miami, are also experiencing unusual flooding.

and who claims to know for certain that there is nothing we can do to reverse this? i lean on the pessimistic side, that we're already past that point, but im far from SURE about that. who is?

4624.jpg

global_warming_bangladesh.jpg
It's a matter of perspective I guess. There is a problem with with the modern mind in so far as a huge majority of people assume we are entitled to a stable, warm (not too warm, not too cold) static climatic environment. We're actually not entitled to that, whatever the cause. In fact, the Holocene, the geological epoch we find ourselves in today (roughly 9700BC until present), is the longest unbroken interglacial period in the last 100k years. We've already exceeded the last longest interglacial period by several millenia.

Everyone discussing all this climate change science with little to no understanding of it, especially in reference to the geological past, should realize that our activities that are causing such havoc today (and our activity is a measurable cause of the changing climate) may in fact be responsible for staving off a natural cycle of ice ages. Which brings things back to perspective. And you don't have to be a "climate denier" or someone who doesn't loathe pollution to comprehend the above.

If you understand how absolutely relatively tepid this human aided current climatic change is, including the sea level rise predicted, compared to what has happened about a dozen or so times much more violently and catastrophically since humans have been around (with no culpability for human beings I might add), you can begin to understand that this isn't the end of the world...in fact, compared to previous events that happened literally in the backyard of what we call history (Egypt, Sumer, Indus, etc... and several thousand years prior) this is nothing but a mild hiccup, an inconvenience.

I'm stoked.

It's a matter of perspective I guess. There is a problem with with the modern mind in so far as a huge majority of people assume we are entitled to a stable, warm (not too warm, not too cold) static climatic environment. We're actually not entitled to that, whatever the cause. In fact, the Holocene, the geological epoch we find ourselves in today (roughly 9700BC until present), is the longest unbroken interglacial period in the last 100k years. We've already exceeded the last longest interglacial period by several millenia.

Everyone discussing all this climate change science with little to no understanding of it, especially in reference to the geological past, should realize that our activities that are causing such havoc today (and our activity is a measurable cause of the changing climate) may in fact be responsible for staving off a natural cycle of ice ages. Which brings things back to perspective. And you don't have to be a "climate denier" or someone who doesn't loathe pollution to comprehend the above.

If you understand how absolutely relatively tepid this human aided current climatic change is, including the sea level rise predicted, compared to what has happened about a dozen or so times much more violently and catastrophically since humans have been around (with no culpability for human beings I might add), you can begin to understand that this isn't the end of the world...in fact, compared to previous events that happened literally in the backyard of what we call history (Egypt, Sumer, Indus, etc... and several thousand years prior) this is nothing but a mild hiccup, an inconvenience.

I'm stoked.

none of those previous climate fluctuations had billions of people living below sea level.

Back