Media Ciryl Gane trains with 23-2 GLORY Kickboxer Imad Hadar

Will this help Gane to prepare for Jones?

• Total voters
In a recent interview, Gane said that this camp Imad Hadar is his main stand-up training partner to prepare for Jon Jones

Good move from Gane?

I'm curious your opinion but to me, it feels like Europe is quickly becoming a rival to the US as a place to train for elite MMA? MMA Factory is a mecca nearly on par with ATT already but I just mean in Europe the access you have to high level kickboxers, judokas and wrestlers feels way more immediate and accessible than in the US. It's just a matter of the gyms and fighters becoming established enough financially and however else but damn...it feels like a hotbed to me.

This is literal seconds of one single spar of one single training session out of a multi-month long fight camp for a bout that Gane & Co. knew about long before any of us did. I'm sure he has spent plenty of time drilling his grappling, guys. In fact, he's confirmed as much in interviews.

It's MMA. Skills are perishable. Yes, you can place a heavy focus on one area or another depending on what kind of fight/opponent/gameplan you're expecting, but that doesn't mean you outright neglect everything else especially when Jon has utilized a kickboxing-centric gameplan in the majority of his last several bouts.

Lol, Safton exposing the goldfish-like concentration of SD. "Stand up? STAND UP?!?! B-b-b-but teh RASSLIN'?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!"

Yeah, Chechnya too IIRC. As an aside, @BoxerMaurits clued me in that one of his current training partners is Shamil Gaziev. Undefeated (as a pro) Russian guy with loads of finishes, scheduled to face Darko Stosic on a BRAVE card tomorrow. Had a solid amateur record, too.

EDIT: Watched a couple of his fights on YouTube. Looks like a heavy-handed wrestle-boxer. Hits hard, uses a lot of clinch work & dirty boxing, and isn't afraid to take guys down and beat them up on the mat.

I don't think Shamil is a main training partner. He trains out of Bahrain with KHK team. Its more likely he did some training at MMA Factory with Gane around the time he fought for ARES FC (a promotion Gane has equity in) over the summer.

There are a lot of chechen/dagestani fighters that fight out of MMA Factory. Gane probably has 10+ HW wrestlers from that region he can work out with anytime.

Good for him. But I think Jones is going to take him down and submit him inside three rounds.

Like most I am more interested in who is helping him with his grappling. If Ngannou could stall him on the mat, Jones will have no problem following suit.
Jones will pass that guard destroy him with elbows or choke him out.

Good for him. But I think Jones is going to take him down and submit him inside three rounds.

Jones seems more like a 5 round fighter at this point in his career. He didn't finish stalwarts such as Reyes and Anthony Smith inside the distance what makes you think he could do so against Gane? Don't you think he's going to be cautious going up against HW power? Taking Gane down is one thing but having the strength to keep him down is entirely different.

jones has taken the time, adjusted his body and frame to hw over years now. obviously he's getting the results he wants in training camp. the stakes are way higher, he knows this. jones just has to survive a round or two and if at any point this goes to the ground, it's over.

This kick-boxer going to teach him how to defend takedowns or even fight in the clinch? Probably not

Jones seems more like a 5 round fighter at this point in his career. He didn't finish stalwarts such as Reyes and Anthony Smith inside the distance what makes you think he could do so against Gane? Don't you think he's going to be cautious going up against HW power? Taking Gane down is one thing but having the strength to keep him down is entirely different.
I like the match up for him. And Jones is someone that shows up. This is what he was born for. People have been questioning this move to heavyweight for more than a decade. That’s insane motivation for him. He’s going to show out. I really have no doubt he’s going to dominate this fight. And finish it.

because he trained on cocaine and hookers for his last 3 fights. He’s actually serious about this fight with gane.

Ganes needs to close distance hea better off working with muay thai guys and preparing to be in the clinch.

Also some wrestlers cause if jon gets him down he's str8 facked

Lol, Safton exposing the goldfish-like concentration of SD. "Stand up? STAND UP?!?! B-b-b-but teh RASSLIN'?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!"

I just don't understand the mentality of some of these comments is all. It's like they think a five-second clip from Instagram represents a grand insight into the totality of any given fighter's training camp in spite of any and all information to the contrary. Then they use this preconceived notion to hit us with some really hard takes that pretty much everyone already agrees with lmao.

I don't think Shamil is a main training partner. He trains out of Bahrain with KHK team. Its more likely he did some training at MMA Factory with Gane around the time he fought for ARES FC (a promotion Gane has equity in) over the summer.

There are a lot of chechen/dagestani fighters that fight out of MMA Factory. Gane probably has 10+ HW wrestlers from that region he can work out with anytime.

I found some articles on it. A few made it sound like he's been working with him recently, but the most authoritative stuff seems to indicate that he dropped by MMA Factory several months ago and was Gane's primary partner in helping him prepare for the Tuivasa bout. Beyond that more recently Gaziev has just been name-dropping Bon Gamin in preparation for his fight with Darko Stosic lol.

Do you know of any of the Russian fighters in question at MMA Factory? The only guy I can think of off-hand is Imavov and he's not exactly your stereotypical Dagestani wrestler.

Last edited:
nothing is going to help prepare Gane as he eats elbows and ground n pound from the bottom and is stuck there. if no knees, no contract ngannou can do it. jones will absolutely fuck gane up.
Why couldn’t he use these skills effectively against can middleweight Anthony smith, OSP( Guinness world record holder for the lowest fight IQ) or wheelchair Thiago Santos then?

Why couldn’t he use these skills effectively against can middleweight Anthony smith, OSP( Guinness world record holder for the lowest fight IQ) or wheelchair Thiago Santos then?
noobs keep doing this... why didn't he look like the world's greatest and olympic D-1 everyone at that time? cause he didn't give a fuck. clearly. and he still won. LOL. cry more. Jones is a smart fighter, he's taking his return at HW seriously, obviously his team is getting results, or else, why even bother? this is an IQ test, one that most people here fail. all jones has to do is survive a round or two, to where cyril is not as french explosive. once thats over, it goes to the ground. cyril can think he can only train for fight camps, wrong. jones will show him and every noob here, what is up. BONES KNOWS!!!!!!!!! WAR JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back