Ever since Belal put a beating on Vincente Luque, he just hasn't been the same (sad downfall)

big franklin

franklin
@Green
Reaction score
Ever since Belal put a beating on Vincente Luque, he just hasn't been the same (sad downfall).

I was real upset watching the Vincent fight the other night... Never have I seen a fighter quit inside the octagon like that.

Until recently, Vincent was a very solid fighter. Never quite championship material but he was real solid. Unfortunately Vincent is 1-3 in his last 4, but what people are forgetting is that this man was on a nasty, murderous streak.... until be ran into Belal Muhammad (the second time).

If you look Vincent's record, you can see that his losing streak begins with the Belal fight. For those that haven't seen the second Vincent vs. Belal fight, Belal completely neutralized Vincent's striking by keeping the bout on the floor.

Until that bout, Vincent never looked so timid. It must have mentally broke Vincent knowing that the guy he once KO'd in 1 round is able to hold him down at will.

This is what mentally broke Vincente. People often credit Neil Magny for giving Vincent brain damage but I think it was the Belal fight that destroyed him.

Personally, I think it's best if Vincente leaves MMA. He seems too reluctant to take damage and I don't blame him.

We don't need another Tony.......

Maybe not overall (brain) damage wise, but i agree the belal loss psychologically broke Luque.

Losing to a guy he had already KO’d in like a minute with ease must have shattered his confidence.

As other users have pointed out, it was Neal that put a beating on him.
That said, Belal's thorough manhandling may've broken his confidence; so you've got a point there.
Ironically Belal has turned into an elite fighter since Luque KO'ed him.
Not the first instance:
-GSP took losing to Hughes out on each of his next however man opponents with only prime motivate BJ Penn making him look human.
-Adesanya went on a 20-0 streak, defended his undisputed world title a very respectable 6 times after getting starched by Poatan in the former's final kickboxing bout.
-Usman became a near shut out fighter after getting subbed in the minors.
-Colby (not a huge Colby fan) found a way to out hustle nearly all the best WWs in the world for a while after getting choked out.
-Islam Mackachev may not've defended against anyone in his own division yet(yeah a bit of a dig but Islam's the man); but the dude was near perfect the following 11 UFC bouts then got "revenge" against Volk for making him look human.... after getting starched by some dude who per the internet went on a 5 fight losing streak with a no contest sprinkled in there.

Point being, sometimes these guys need a kick in the pants to get them going.

You mean Geoff Neal? I rewatched his fight with Luque and I realized why Ian Garry fought off the backfoot the entire time. Shavkat's just a monster who somehow stood in front of him and didn't care.

Agreed

Belal Muhammad DESTROYS fighters with his fists.

Neal has been such a weird fighter. Still can't believe Magny beat him.
Yeah he either shows up or he doesn't, to an extreme degree. Even though he lost to Shavkat he still looked very dangerous. Ian Garry fought the entire time like he was terrified of getting hit.

Honestly people have talked up Luque here for awhile even after his losses, but even his wins were sus to me, he beat aging guys and mid level guys, but would lose to the top consistently. He was more aggressive when he started and did better, but still was pretty average in the last 4 years.

bro really confused geoff neal with neil magny

Both look very similar, and both have kind of a heavy pressure boxing style, although Neil does a lot of kicks and clinches too and will grapple often.

Understandable mistake.

Belal puts career changing beating on his opponents..

just take a look:

Giblert: Got KOed in his next fight.
Brady: Had to take more than 1 year off.
Luque: Got KOed in his next fight.. a shell of his former self
Wonderoldman: Got lucky vs Holland because Holland didn't wanted to follow him to the ground and finish him. Got quickly finished in his next one against someone with actual will to win
Maia: Belal retired him.
Lima: Got knocked out and retired in his next one
Lyman Good: Belal retired him
Sato: Went 1-4

Edwards had to poke him to avoid the curse and get a NC. He went on to become a champion.

Back