How many here actually know how to drive?

Do any Americans know how to drive? Don't you all drive automatics? ;)

Yes, and most of them are automatic.
If my GT3 RS came with a PDK auto and not a manual gear box I think I could still survive though.:)

Apparently the wife won’t let me put another mortgage on the house to acquire such a fine automobile. The disappoint is strong here.

Our drivers training and driving tests are such a joke. Most people can barely operate a car.

I recently went through the driver's training course at OCSD with that "simulator" that just gives everyone motion sickness.. it would be a fantastic while drunk tho

One time I was driving on the highway, and for some reason there were hundreds of cars driving in the opposite direction on the same side I was driving on.

I recently went through the driver's training course at OCSD with that "simulator" that just gives everyone motion sickness.. it would be a fantastic while drunk tho
So glad I don't have to use the simulator it kicks my ass with motion sickness.

We actually get to go to driving courses out in San Bernardino instead. The sheriffs dept there has an awesome driving course, a skid pan, etc.

So glad I don't have to use the simulator it kicks my ass with motion sickness.

We actually get to go to driving courses out in San Bernardino instead. The sheriffs dept there has an awesome driving course, a skid pan, etc.

That's where I had EVOC

and in n out for lunch every day of the week

Yes, and most of them are automatic.
If my GT3 RS came with a PDK auto and not a manual gear box I think I could still survive though.:)

Apparently the wife won’t let me put another mortgage on the house to acquire such a fine automobile. The disappoint is strong here.
You have a GT3RS? The 997? I know a guy with a 997 GT3RS and a 991 GT3- both manual and he's my age and retired. What a blessed life.

One time I was driving on the highway, and for some reason there were hundreds of cars driving in the opposite direction on the same side I was driving on.
You sure you weren't driving on the wrong side?

TS forgot following the 2 second rule, so I know he doesn’t do that. If he did, it would have been on the list.

Also, number 7 is retarded. If everyone who wasn’t turning left stayed in the right lane, there would be endless traffic. It’s lanes are there to be used for driving.

No dude... it's for passing. You pass and get the fuck back over in the right lane. That's how you get a smooth traffic flow.

Last edited:
I break #2 from time to time when it's safe to do so. If the stop sign is on an intersection with a clear view in all directions and there's no cars or pedestrians in sight, I'll slow the car to a crawl and do a final check to ensure that everything's still clear, then go through the intersection without doing a full stop.

That's a bad habit.

I know how to drive properly. I just don't.

Except when I'm a passenger in the front seat and then I'm a stickler for the rules.

Do you mean don't use your high beams in a city or when there's oncoming traffic? If you're on a dark road with no traffic then using your high beams is fine. That's kind of the point.

My issue is that I expect everyone to do the right thing and I go out of my way to make people who are driving like assholes lives difficult. I see people tailgating and weaving from lane to lane so I box them in. Or since I drive a fast car, I'll challenge them when they try to fuck with me. I guess putting people in their place accomplishes nothing but I guess it amuses me and helps pass the time on the road.

I have this terrible habit of speeding up at people who turn in closely front of me to make them think I'm going to hit them.. it's kind of like a "fuck you, not on my watch" sort of thing to make them think twice about how they think they can just do whatever they want and no one will care.

I think I hate it more when drivers are inconsiderate to pedestrians. I was crossing an intersection last night and some person made a left turn onto the street I and several other people were starting to cross because he was trying to beat the left turn signal.

Not only did he piss off the people that were driving straight because he turned in front of them... he almost hit a pedestrian who was already walking into the intersection. The only redeeming thing that happened was the guy that he almost hit kicked the rear quarter panel of the car as it was going by.

Mrs. Panamaican.

giphy.gif

Do you mean don't use your high beams in a city or when there's oncoming traffic? If you're on a dark road with no traffic then using your high beams is fine. That's kind of the point.

With traffic...

Back