Is Dustin Poirier career done ?

Koya

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It doesn't seems like he's looking to chase for the title again.

He also doesn't show signs of wanting to fight an up and coming fighter like Gaethje did with Fiziev

The only activity he had showing an interest in fights was talking about a Conor 4th fight and an hypothetical Nate Diaz fight at UFC 300.

Now it's not bashing because I like Dustin and his career was amazing. But is he maybe just holding off for a couple more big fights with name recognition and planning to call it a day after that ?

If yes there isn't many realistic fights for him out there tbh. Maybe RDA ? Don't see what else if it's his current mindset

Don't care to see him and RDA fight. Both passed prime. Don't really know who he can fight other than Max or Conor.

Afaic he's been an immense servant of the sport. I have absolutely zero problems with him chasing prize fights if that's what he choses to do.

Hespect to him.

doostin can rank squat and fight money fights
no problems for him

I kinda agree but my question is what are the realistic money fights out there for him ? Both conor and nate fights seem very unlikely. Who else ? Colby ?

I kinda agree but my question is what are the realistic money fights out there for him ? Both conor and nate fights seem very unlikely. Who else ? Colby ?
Could do the Gaethje trilogy as well. That feels like a back pocket fight for him. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Nate fight happens either.

Without a doubt the biggest fight he could do in the immediate future is Colby, but I genuinely think he wants no part of that and not for some “I don’t want Colby to make any money” reason but a “deep down I know Colby mauls me” reason

Last edited:
But is he maybe just holding off for a couple more big fights with name recognition and planning to call it a day after that ?

Well-there-it-is.-Jurassic-Park.gif

Hope he retires. He ain't doing anything but holding up the division, and has been for years now. Justin and Chandler are next. At least Justin fought an up and cummer but these three lose to most of the legit new comers. Time for them to step aside and let the real deal move to the top of the ranks.

Could do the Gaethje trilogy as well. That feels like a back pocket fight for him. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Nate fight happens either.

Without a doubt the biggest fight he could do in the immediate future is Colby, but I genuinely think wants no part of that and not for some “I don’t want Colby to make any money” reason but a “deep down I know Colby mauls me” reason

I don't really now about the last part. A year ago I would have said Colby absolutely mauls him. But today given how bad Colby looked in the Leon fight I think Dustin has a sizable chance.

Still styles makes fights so of course it's still an unfavorable matchup for Dustin

So he's holding out for certain fights but his career is over? Okay.

I don't know how you understood that from my post. If you read only the title and answered immediately maybe but I describe how I see that there are only a couple fights left for him and he seems to look only money fights that's all.

Not that I blame him for that he's a veteran with a long career he can chose who he fights

Back