Is Dustin Poirier career done ?

How so? he cant beat other contenders? I disagree.
I just dont think in the lw division he'll fight for a title again the line clearly looks to have charles, armen, and gaethje infront of him. he seems to be unwilling to fight the gamrots, armens and fizievs of the world. if he took a match with st. denis, turner, benny ect id believe him. but if he wont fight the up and comers coming off wins.... it tells you where hes at

Why would it be? What a silly question.

Even if he dont go for the title again he can have good money fights. Very entertaining to watch,tough as nails.

Its like saying is Justin's career done if he fights Islam and loses.

Who cares? ill always be down to watch either of these guys bang. I'd even watch a rematch between them.

Justin probably retires if he loses to makhachev tho, he hinted as such

I think he should skip the max fight he’s beaten max twice he should move straight to ww and fight a guy like ponzinibbio and see where he’s at
yeah i had Gaethje in my head when i mentioned the Max fight for some reason.

Like many fighters, he is being picky and yes chasing money fights more so then another title run. The title runs r full of Bs as it is. Volk 2 shots no wins at LW.

It doesn't seems like he's looking to chase for the title again.

He also doesn't show signs of wanting to fight an up and coming fighter like Gaethje did with Fiziev

The only activity he had showing an interest in fights was talking about a Conor 4th fight and an hypothetical Nate Diaz fight at UFC 300.

Now it's not bashing because I like Dustin and his career was amazing. But is he maybe just holding off for a couple more big fights with name recognition and planning to call it a day after that ?

If yes there isn't many realistic fights for him out there tbh. Maybe RDA ? Don't see what else if it's his current mindset
Agree that his current mindset is money/gimmick fights at this point.

As a title contender it’s likely he’s done. He’s hitting the point where guys start to age out. And at the rate he fights these days he’s probably at least a couple of good wins away from being able to challenge again, which could take 18-24 months. The gaethje fight was in my eyes his likely last chance to make 1 more go at it. But Justin came in sharper and faster. Think it shows in that he’s aiming for money fights like trying to coax Nate Diaz into a ufc 300 fight. A fight fans will be interested in but is ultimately meaningless to any ranks or title picture.

His career isn't over but he's passed the part of his career where he can win the belt IMO. I think he's being choosey about his fights cause he's probably down to like 3-5 left tops.

I doubt Dustin takes it but that’s the fight I would love to see.

I think he beats bsd but either way it’d be a banger
<{JustBleed}> <{JustBleed}>

yeh, unfortunately the scumbags that run the UFC won't put on good fights. God of War vs Poirier is the money fight, but instead they just cram endless rank squatter rematches down the fans throats.

God of War, is a rare breed, Just bleed guy w super high fight IQ. Truly embodies his nickname.

Poirier is just a 1 dimensional boxer. His ground game is pathetic. When khabib took his back, he cluelessly looked up to his corner for advice and khabib took his neck and choked him out.

God of War would destroy this man.

What's his contract have left? He should go win the PFL tourney if he's as good as a lot of folks say he is. Should be easy Money

Career over? No. Serious contender phase over? Yep. Outside some crazy scenario involving Islam having an upset loss or vacating his belt, injuries, fighters dropping out of title fights and an unusual favorable match-up, I can't see Dustin winning the LW belt and definitely not the WW one. He's in it for fun fights now, mostly against other strikers who are big names and will give him nice paydays.

Back