Is Dustin Poirier career done ?

Fiziev would be an entertaining banger for sure.

Dustin appears relegated to 1 fight a year. He's 34 and his speed is appearing to go. Probably do a win one, lose one for another four or more fights and then call it a day.

Hope he retires. He ain't doing anything but holding up the division, and has been for years now. Justin and Chandler are next. At least Justin fought an up and cummer but these three lose to most of the legit new comers. Time for them to step aside and let the real deal move to the top of the ranks.

Dustin is in no way whatsoever "holding up the division." This ranks amongst the dumbest of statements on this forum, which is saying something.

At least you broadcast how stupid you are with the use of the term "up and cummer" in reference to a fighter, so as not to be ambiguous about the whole thing.

I saw a post of his recently somewhere, basically acknowledging the weird spot he's in at the near top, and waiting for the right opportunity. I get guys getting to a certain place and not wanting to fight down, but at some point something has to give or nothing happens, idk

I really don’t see the appeal behind Dustin vs Colby. Sure there might be some back and forth in a press conference beforehand but will any of that matter when the fight starts and Colby lays on him for 25 minutes? I get that Conrat fans want to see Dustin lose and Colby fans want to see him get yet another easy win but it just seems like a waste of time. There’s better fights for both guys in their own divisions.
Does Conor even have fans anymore?

I just think he might be interested in giving 170 a shot, and fight with Colby is a winnable fight that could get him a quick high ranking.

He also might just stay in shape and hope to get a good opportunity in the LW title race filling in for someone

I saw a post of his recently somewhere, basically acknowledging the weird spot he's in at the near top, and waiting for the right opportunity. I get guys getting to a certain place and not wanting to fight down, but at some point something has to give or nothing happens, idk

Ultimately, it's in the hands of the UFC. Rankings may be a democratic product of "press" polls, but at the end of the day, the UFC curates them as they like. If Dustin sits at #4 or whatever his ranking is today, they're electing to leave him there. If he doesn't want to fight, so be it.

He has not the same hunger to chase the title since his loss to Khabib

Does Conor even have fans anymore?

I just think he might be interested in giving 170 a shot, and fight with Colby is a winnable fight that could get him a quick high ranking.

He also might just stay in shape and hope to get a good opportunity in the LW title race filling in for someone
I disagree that it’s a winnable fight for Dustin. Obviously there is always a chance but I would expect Colby to win rather easily, and all the proof you need is seeing how vehemently against this matchup Dustin is (and how hard Colby pushes for it). They trained together for years, they know how this fight likely goes. Just my opinion, though.

He seems to have a thing about holding up the division. I don’t necessarily see him as a big name either as he’s been the b side of pretty much every big fight he’s had his entire career. If anything he’s probably the most overrated “draw” in the sport.

Dustin has never been in a boring fight.

Dude brings it everytime.
I agree but I feel he is a bit damaged and getting up in age. I don't want to see him being used to put over younger guys. I rather see him have a few fun fights then retire.

Don't care to see him and RDA fight. Both passed prime. Don't really know who he can fight other than Max or Conor.

I always wanted him to fight Colby. Don't they have some kind of beef or something?

Not done, but he's probably finished as a title challenger unless the stars align. He's still skilled and entertaining, so I'd expect that he still has a few big name/money fights in him.

Not really much he can do in the log jammed LW division. He's not getting another shitle tot. Do the fight with Max then test himself at WW with a few favorable matchups. imho
I think he should skip the max fight he’s beaten max twice he should move straight to ww and fight a guy like ponzinibbio and see where he’s at

I agree but I feel he is a bit damaged and getting up in age. I don't want to see him being used to put over younger guys. I rather see him have a few fun fights then retire.
Dustin vs Nate
Dustin vs Colby
Dustin vs Max

Then retire on 3 straight wins

Hopefully his career isn’t over. I want to see him get stopped again

Back