Social Kevin Spacey Thread > Excommunicated from Netflix

yeah i don't think he was a versatile actor at all so I agree with you there and I agree with your statement about him being a good character actor, both points which I made in my post. He has this creepy charisma that works for him in a narrow range of roles

And let me say again. Kevin Spacey was NOT a very talented actor.

He's in the same vein as Eastwood and Nicholson, as far as acting talent goes. 99 flavors of themselves. You'll never see those guys completely lose themselves in a role, but they have a certain natural screen presence and charisma that is hard to come by. That is their strength. A strength that a lot of technically better actors lack. While they may not be the most versatile actors, it's hard to imagine anyone else in the roles they played.

He's in the same vein as Eastwood and Nicholson, as far as acting talent goes. 99 flavors of themselves. You'll never see those guys completely lose themselves in a role, but they have a certain natural screen presence and charisma that is hard to come by. That is their strength. A strength that a lot of technically better actors lack. While they may not be the most versatile actors, it's hard to imagine anyone else in the roles they played.

i have never seen nicholson plastic or stilted. Narrow in range perhaps but always convincing and deep in my opinion. Go back and watch Spacey in some Wiseguy clips. He is embarrassing sometimes. I have never seen Nicholson that way. In terms of raw acting talent Nick > Spacey by a pretty wide margin.

i have never seen nicholson plastic or stilted. Narrow in range perhaps but always convincing and deep in my opinion. Go back and watch Spacey in some Wiseguy clips. He is embarrassing sometimes. I have never seen Nicholson that way. In terms of raw acting talent Nick > Spacey by a pretty wide margin.

That's not even open to debate. Good as Spacey can be, none of his performance match Jack with That Look in his eyes.

I've seen Wiseguy. It's been a while, but as far as I remember, he's just Spacey being Spacey, but Christ, that was when he was first starting out. That would be like judging Dicaprio's entire career for his bit role on Growing Pains.

I don't agree with you, Sir.

It's true. The Gay Mafia has a contract out on Spacey:)
that's not what i meant, at all. i haven't seen any praise for him coming out of the closet while apologizing for sexual assault

that's not what i meant, at all. i haven't seen any praise for him coming out of the closet while apologizing for sexual assault

Actually, a lot of outlets were initially downplaying the allegations, in favor of announcing Spacey coming out. It wasn't until a few prominent LGBT folks spoke out against him, that they changed the narrative.

On the day it happened, all the news feed headlines I saw, read "Kevin spacey Comes Out", not "Kevin Spacey Facing Allegations".

cringey seeing liberals pretend to be bothered by all of this

it's been a few days... you can go back to rationalizing taking toddlers to buttnaked trans bondage parades
LOL seriously.

There was some articles and talk from various magazines/websites that just came out now calling that 13 yr old girl from stranger things one of the sexiest in Hollywood.

Also another actor from that 70's show on a Netflix show had multiple rape accusations and investigations going on from since earlier this year and the did' and apparently still don't care.

it's been a few days... you can go back to rationalizing taking toddlers to buttnaked trans bondage parades
while you rationalize making a sexual advance on a 14 year old and act like the right wing isn't rationalizing the worst president in the history of the US. oh the irony!
Grab em by the pussy there are fine people on both sides!! lol

Cringed how many lunatics want to make this a Democrat vs Republican issue. Keep trying

lol. apparently they have a NAMBLA branch.

I would think that's a photo bomb, not a real stance. We've seen many photo bombs at these events as an effort to make the idiots look even worse.

I was joking of course. But the overwhelming reaction from the LGBT community to Spacey coming out after being accused of sexual assault of a minor has been outrage. Some Twitter quotes from Gays,

"Kevin Spacey just threw all of us under the bus".

"Spacey has set Gay rights back fifty years".

"How dare you conflate Homosexualty with an attraction to under age boys!"

And my personal favourite,

"Being drunk and Gay is the excuse you use when you are caught dancing on tables to a Britney Spears song - not when you're caught sexually assaulting a 14 year old boy!"

They should just kill the show completely. A clean break. All the main characters are defined by thier connection to Underwood, and it's impossible to seperate that character from Spacey and the allegations against him. The entire show is damaged goods. Netflix needs to put it out of it's misery and move on.

I think they know this. They'll most likely talk with the execs and everyone will agree there is no way this is done correctly without Spacey. If they go on with just Claire it will most likely be just to give the show an end with little hope that it will do well. I also see them cutting the season episodes down massively if they decide to proceed.

well, I watch the show and want some sort of ending even if it's a movie which starts out with Frank Underwood having just been assassinated. They already had an attempt in the show so it's not that far fetched.

Yea I wouldn't mind some sort of ending as well. Movie sounds good. Don't want to sit through a whole season of Claire trying to be Underwood.I mainly just want to see Doug and what happens with him.

Far superior shows than HoC have been cancelled and left fans without a definitive ending to the story. In any case, HoC has been shit for a long time. Anything after season two isn't worth watching.
I stopped before even finishing season two after really loving the first season

Frank killing the reporter girl was really what hurt the show for me, the wet blanket bf of hers was so shit as a replacement and I didn't find a politician killing someone like that very believable. The way they pulled off him killing the drunk politician in S1 was far better..

giphy.gif

I think they know this. They'll most likely talk with the execs and everyone will agree there is no way this is done correctly without Spacey. If they go on with just Claire it will most likely be just to give the show an end with little hope that it will do well. I also see them cutting the season episodes down massively if they decide to proceed.

Agreed, although given the political climate of America right now, a show in which Claire somehow becomes President herself might be worth a shot. But it would have to be a scenario in which Claire destroys Underwood herself. Stamper also has to be killed off; his entire character is defined by his fanatical loyalty to Underwood. No way they can build a show around him. It would be like the BBC making a drama show in which the central character is Jimmy Savile's best friend...:rolleyes:

yeah i don't think he was a versatile actor at all so I agree with you there and I agree with your statement about him being a good character actor, both points which I made in my post. He has this creepy charisma that works for him in a narrow range of roles

And let me say again. Kevin Spacey was NOT a very talented actor.

Not talented? Did you see American Beauty? His performance in that is one of the best acting performances of the 90s. Spacey is a phenomenal actor.

Back