Social Kevin Spacey Thread > Excommunicated from Netflix

House of cards was great until they forced homosexuality out of nowhere on everyone. Fuck Spacey.

He's done quite the disappearing act. Recently read an article on this and a possible planned comeback that said:

A well-informed source in the industry said that it will be done in carefully managed stages, which will begin with friends starting to talk positively about him. Then, the actor will accept a small cameo role in a prestigious movie.

As one woman who has worked with Spacey for 40 years explained: ‘Kevin hasn’t been charged with anything.

His comeback is already being discussed. ‘First you will get celebrity friends saying, “He’s not so bad” and then he will accept a small role in an Oscar-contending movie which will showcase his talents and remind everyone what a fabulous actor he is.

He's done quite the disappearing act. Recently read an article on this and a possible planned comeback that said:

A well-informed source in the industry said that it will be done in carefully managed stages, which will begin with friends starting to talk positively about him. Then, the actor will accept a small cameo role in a prestigious movie.

As one woman who has worked with Spacey for 40 years explained: ‘Kevin hasn’t been charged with anything.

His comeback is already being discussed. ‘First you will get celebrity friends saying, “He’s not so bad” and then he will accept a small role in an Oscar-contending movie which will showcase his talents and remind everyone what a fabulous actor he is.

I doubt it. His name is mud, and it would be poisonous to stick up for him.

If it wasn't a kid, he might have a chance at forgiveness. I'd really like to see the celebrity with the stones enough to defend him sexually assaulting a 14 year-old boy, let alone cast him in anything.

Not everyone gets the Polanski treatment. I doubt you ever see Spacey on screen again.

I doubt it. His name is mud, and it would be poisonous to stick up for him.

If it wasn't a kid, he might have a chance at forgiveness. I'd really like to see the celebrity with the stones enough to defend him sexually assaulting a 14 year-old boy, let alone cast him in anything.

Not everyone gets the Polanski treatment. I doubt you ever see Spacey on screen again.
He hasn't been charged with any crimes as far as I know. If that continues to be the case I feel he will be back to acting on stage and screen.

He hasn't been charged with any crimes as far as I know.

Doesn't matter. He admitted to it. There is no question about whether or not it happened.

I mean, there might be an indie producer out there that'll offer him something down the road, but I think he's done as far as the mainstream goes. It would practically be an endorsement of his actions if a big studio were to hire him. You never know, but I highly doubt it. Especially in the current climate. There's just no way you could hire him, and not be immediately under fire for it.

Doesn't matter. He admitted to it. There is no question about whether or not it happened.

I mean, there might be an indie producer out there that'll offer him something down the road, but I think he's done as far as the mainstream goes. It would practically be an endorsement of his actions if a big studio were to hire him. You never know, but I highly doubt it. Especially in the current climate. There's just no way you could hire him, and not be immediately under fire for it.
Can you throw a quote of his admitting to "it"?

Watch Se7en again. He's too talented to be cast aside without legal charges.

If there were charges & a conviction I would agree with you.

Can you throw a quote of his admitting to "it"?

I don't know the exact quote, but he essentially admitted to it and apologized for his "wildness"(or something) in his younger days, and then tried to cover up the bombshell by coming out of the closet.

He didn't get kicked off of "HOC" and replaced in "ATMITW" for no good reason. His reputation is fucked. These aren't just some allegations that he's denying. He all but confirmed them, and he's not getting more work in Hollywood anytime soon.

I agree he's talented, but it matters not when you're known as the guy who sexually assaulted a 14 year old boy. Don't hold your breath on him coming back.

Given the extraordinary lengths taken last year to disavow him (scrapping and restarting an entire season of House of Cards and recasting him in a big movie less than two months before its release) I would be utterly shocked if anyone in the mainstream of Hollywood gave him another chance.

I don't know the exact quote, but he essentially admitted to it and apologized for his "wildness"(or something) in his younger days, and then tried to cover up the bombshell by coming out of the closet.

He didn't get kicked off of "HOC" and replaced in "ATMITW" for no good reason. His reputation is fucked. These aren't just some allegations that he's denying. He all but confirmed them, and he's not getting more work in Hollywood anytime soon.

I agree he's talented, but it matters not when you're known as the guy who sexually assaulted a 14 year old boy. Don't hold your breath on him coming back.
Again if there's no charges or conviction he will be back to acting and I'll update the thread.

Given the extraordinary lengths taken last year to disavow him (scrapping and restarting an entire season of House of Cards and recasting him in a big movie less than two months before its release) I would be utterly shocked if anyone in the mainstream of Hollywood gave him another chance.
They said the same about others including Roman Polansky. Mel Gibson offended the entire industry and came back to acting but it took a while.

And that was his biggest mistake; the Gay Mafia did not take kindly to Keyser Rapie trying to throw them under the bus in a bid to switch attention away from himself. The overwhelming reaction of Gays was one of anger. Not least because many of them had faced insults and accusations for years that they were sexual predators who were attracted to young boys. Spacey's cynical attempt to link his sexual assaults of young men under the age of consent to, "living life as a Gay man" was met with outrage. Especially since Spacey's sexuality was an open secret in Hollywood for years; he thanked his, "girlfriend" during one awards show, and critics joked it had been the least convincing performance of his career.

The problem for Spacey isn't so much the crimes he's been accused off, vile though they are. It's the fact that he's pissed off some powerful, influential people within the industry.

Sounds like you almost want the pedophile on the big screen again.

LOL. He's a fucking awesome actor, man. Would be better if a shitty actor like Ben Affleck did this instead.

Glengarry Glen Ross & American Beauty are two of my favorites.

The problem for Spacey isn't so much the crimes he's been accused off, vile though they are. It's the fact that he's pissed off some powerful, influential people within the industry.
And these powerful people are all botty bandits?

And these powerful people are all botty bandits?

It's not called the Gay Mafia for nothing;)

Joking aside, Spacey pissed off a lot of Gay people. That's a lot of people not buying movie tickets to anything he's in. That's a lot of people talking online and creating bad publicity for whoever gives Spacey a role in their next movie. And it's a lot of straight people doing the same thing because they want to support the Gays.

Again if there's no charges or conviction he will be back to acting and I'll update the thread.

<{cruzshake}>

Again, he essentially admitted to it. It would be like being accused of rape when you were in your 20's, and then apologizing for your "crazy ways" when you were younger. That kind of non-denial ain't gonna fly. Also, like what has already been mentioned, he pissed off the gay mafia with his sad attempt to overshadow the claims.

He's fucked.

He won’t be back,getting booted by Netflix is humiliating enough and I’m sure he doesn’t need the hassle. Hell I doubt Danny masterson will ever be back either. Once you’re accused it’s over..

House of cards was great until they forced homosexuality out of nowhere on everyone. Fuck Spacey.
What do you mean? Which characters turned gay? I dropped the show in S2 after a certain character was removed from the show.

LOL. He's a fucking awesome actor, man. Would be better if a shitty actor like Ben Affleck did this instead.

Glengarry Glen Ross & American Beauty are two of my favorites.

No one disputes his amazing talents as an actor. He was one of my favorites.

I am actually quite surprised that no charges have been brought up at all by anyone.

What do you mean? Which characters turned gay? I dropped the show in S2 after a certain character was removed from the show.
Spacey started making out with everyone. And it was pretty hard to watch to be honest.

Again, he essentially admitted to it. It would be like being accused of rape when you were in your 20's, and then apologizing for your "crazy ways" when you were younger. That kind of non-denial ain't gonna fly. Also, like what has already been mentioned, he pissed off the gay mafia with his sad attempt to overshadow the claims.

He's fucked.
You won't even offer a quote of him admitting to anything so I'll go ahead assume you're lying on that. If he's not charged and convicted he'll def. be back. It may take a long while but he will. Dame Judi Dench has already defended him to a degree.

Dame Judi Dench has said it was wrong to remove her "good friend" Kevin Spacey's performance in a recent film.

"I can't approve, in any way, of the fact - whatever he has done - that you then start to cut him out of films," she said at a film festival in Spain.

She said Spacey was "an inestimable comfort" when they worked on a film shortly after her husband's death.

Back