Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nazis built NASA, and put a man on the moon. They worked side by side with jewish and black engineers and scientists. By all accounts, Jesse Owens was treated better by the Nazi Germany than his own countrymen. History is more grey than it is black and white.

Granted, Nazi ideology falls more to the darker side of history. But whilst Nazis were genociding jews and gypsies, the Brits were segregating Catholics, the Americans were systematically abusing blacks, the Canadians and Australians were ethnically cleansing their own indigenous populations. Yet we still honour the greatest generation (whom almost all were racist), and unofficially cannonize people like Churchill and Eisenhower.

The Western powers get a pass relative to how much criticism the Nazis get.

The US genocided the Natives.
Slavery was a genocidal institution.
Britain deliberately enacted policies that led to the death of millions in Eastern India/ Bengal.
Belgium killed over 10 million people in the Congo.
The Spanish and Portuguese carried out genocides and pogroms in Latin America.
During the Cold War, the US supported genocidal death squads. These death squads massacred over 600,000 Mayans.
Britain used chemical weapons in Iraq. The West supported Saddam when he used chemical weapons against the Kurds and Iranians.
The West supported Pakistan when it waged genocide on Bengalis, Hindus and Christians.
America supported Indonesia when it waged genocide against the East Timorese.

Focusing on Nazi atrocities has the effect of downplaying Western atrocities and making the West out to be the good guy. The Nazis were no worse than the American, British, Spanish, Portuguese, Belgians.

Putin does seem deranged. It is likely that he will drag this Ukrainian conflict for months. He may also go after another country in the process.
I don't know, but I think there are only 2 ways to stop Russia (Putin) from starting WWIII or a nuclear war:
1. The FSB in Russia decide that the man is 'crazy' and a danger to the future of Russia. It takes him out.
2. The West, US, or the Israelis decide that Putin is a danger to the world and take him out as a terrorist. Kind of like a joint CIA/Mosssad operation, both know where Putin is located 24/7. Have a B-2 stealth bomber drop a guided bomb on the guy's head. Everyone wins: Ukraine, Russia, US, and the rest of the world. A GBU-24 on an F-16:
R.bbfa9ada6cc72523ee47ccdfa5c9899d

There's only two ways this ends without a prolonged war.
1. Putin is killed or dies.
2. Zelensky Puppet and his Ukrainian Oligarch Igor Kolomoisky are killed or die or are jailed. (Preferably with Klitchko taking over as President)

But I have to laugh at the unwavering principle of "all nazis are evil" until they're our nazis. Speaks volumes.
Donald Rumsfeld on Saddam Hussein : He's a son of a bitch, but he is our son of a bitch.

America supported Saddam even though he used chemical weapons against Iranians and Kurds.

<Dany07>

When "Ukrainian Nazis" threaten to drag the entire world into Nuclear War, then I might give a shit. Until then, fuck Russia. They are the Big Bad here. There is no grey area.

Vladimir and the boys are literally Eurasian fascists using nuclear weapons their grandparents left them as a cudgel to empire build.

Seems way more concerning than a few hundred Ukrainian ultra nationalists that convinced themselves that Putin is a Jew and they need to roleplay history to kill him.

If these idiots stopped using their phones, which has GPS, they would probably still be alive.
They are fucking morons! The Russians clearly triangulate on phones and have been doing it for decades. He's just been bombed but here he is on his phone again! These guys can't be ex-military.

1996, Chechnya’s breakaway president, Dzhokhar Dudayev, was speaking on a satellite phone with Russian envoy Konstantin Borovoi about setting peace talks with Yeltsin. During the phone call, he was killed by a signal-guided missile fired from a Russian jet fighter. The warplane had received Dudayev’s coordinates from a Russian ELINT (electronic intelligence) plane that had picked up and locked on to the signal emitted by the satellite phone.

Anyway, back on track.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60763494

I clicked this article expecting the "stream of resignations" from Russian state media to be three or four names.

Actually, the list is pretty extensive, and impressive...
I posted that article just yesterday and it was just 3 resignations I believe. It's really moving in the right direction now.

As much I hate to admit it, you’re right about your hypothetical on if the insurgents in Iraq were armed as well as the Ukrainians. However, the US Miliatry would destroy Russia in a conventional war. America > Russia

Yes they would and thats exactly what makes it so dangerous. The nuclear option is the only way for Russia to damage the US in a war.

Friday's for future pro Greta Thunberg video go figure Russia would use it as propaganda. This is one of the videos produced that was another no doubt continuing with Russia propaganda war.

I have no doubts that people have used the pictures and videos that are mentioned in your source as a source of disinformation.

But the video isn't included in any stills or video as part of the debunking article. Does it seem likely... yes.. but it's not a debunking if you don't show the actual video or at least a still photo of that.. . I've tried to find it..... all you've sourced is a similar event .

But I have actually found what it was from.

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/...t-a-covid-19-deception-its-a-music-video.html

It's from a music video.... absolutely nothing to do with Greta. It was used during the covid pandemic as similar " false news " situation.

My mom found out that her boss has applied to house Ukrainian refugees. She flipped and now is afraid boss will hire them and she'll get fired, because Ukrainians will work for cheap.

Basically turned into female version of this guy

17346f941d967879cff8aab2bc71286e.jpg
That's a drag. Such a shame those people's country being ruthlessly attacked may cause her a little turmoil.

Now that I've given the War Room life force vampires their blood sacrifice with a snotty comment about her possibly unfounded and prejudicial complaint from a position of privilege, sorry about that.

Here's hoping you can see the joke underneath the irony of your comparison. I feel for anyone who is getting their normal daily life shit fucked up by this situation. I don't know if her concern is at all valid, but my advice is for her to express her concerns and get reassurance that her job performance is going to keep her employed--here's hoping that's true for her sake, anyway. But that is not the same thing as the American situation--for which I have much less empathy.

Vladimir and the boys are literally Eurasian fascists using nuclear weapons their grandparents left them as a cudgel to empire build.

Seems way more concerning than a few hundred Ukrainian ultra nationalists that convinced themselves that Putin is a Jew and they need to roleplay history to kill him.

And these Ukrainian ultra nationalists are fighting for a Jew president.

I have no doubts that people have used the pictures and videos that are mentioned in your source as a source of disinformation.

But the video isn't included in any stills or video as part of the debunking article. Does it seem likely... yes.. but it's not a debunking if you don't show the actual video or at least a still photo of that.. . I've tried to find it..... all you've sourced is a similar event .

But I have actually found what it was from.

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/...t-a-covid-19-deception-its-a-music-video.html

It's from a music video.... absolutely nothing to do with Greta. It was used during the covid pandemic as similar " false news " situation.
Thanks there is a lot of fake videos the ones from the ground seems to be the most legit of bombs hitting buildings and tank movements but even that can be questioned.

That is all dependent on the terrain. Tanks can't move through jungle (Vietnam) or deep water. They are vulnerable from above, as seen on the video. They need ground and air security. When a tank fires a round, the blast 'cone' can kill soldiers who are in front of it for 100+ yards. Friendly Infantry should never be directly in front of a tank when it fires. Tanks are more easily incapacitated when they 'blow' a track. Once the left or right track is gone, the tank can't move. Mines are ideal for this purpose. The Ukrainians have blown bridges to Kiev, but they should have also mined the main roads.
Oh I'm aware. But to cover everything my post would have been huge so I picked a few bits. I didn't cover what the tanks couldn't move through because then they wouldn't be using tanks so the question would have no meaning.

I found this video on it and it pretty much covers everything including how they move through forests, and the use of mines e.t.c. I don't think it mentioned blast radius in front of the tanks gun though and I didn't cover air support because the question was related to infantry.

Last edited:
That's a drag. Such a shame those people's country being ruthlessly attacked may cause her a little turmoil.

Now that I've given the War Room life force vampires their blood sacrifice with a snotty comment about her possibly unfounded and prejudicial complaint from a position of privilege, sorry about that.

Here's hoping you can see the joke underneath the irony of your comparison. I feel for anyone who is getting their normal daily life shit fucked up by this situation. I don't know if her concern is at all valid, but my advice is for her to express her concerns and get reassurance that her job performance is going to keep her employed--here's hoping that's true for her sake, anyway. But that is not the same thing as the American situation--for which I have much less empathy.

In fairness he's honestly held himself very well in this situation... if people not involved had half his restraint we'd all be in a far better situation.

Well imo

Just like that other joker Da Speeit bombarding this thread with 1000's of posts telling everyone how brilliant Putin was and how dumb we were for daring to criticise his genius. Also made categorical claims Russia would never EVER try and take Kiev because he knew better than us idiots. And now the Russian's have been shelling Kiev for days ....
1) @Da Speeit
2) his claim was that they wouldn't take Kiev in a week like people in here were projecting

At least try to be honest please

Thanks there is a lot of fake videos the ones from the ground seems to be the most legit of bombs hitting buildings and tank movements but even that can be questioned.

Oh I agree sir. But we can't fight disinformation with shoddy interpretations and a " close enough " good enough approach

( not having a go at you btw )

Who cares.

Ukraine is a country of 40million people - there’s just as many criminals, fraudsters, murderers, nazis, pedos and people we don’t like etc as any other country.

Doesn’t give Russia any right to invade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back