Media Sean O'Malley eyes Ilia Topuria fight with possible win in Chito rematch

This is what the sports come to. I thank all the dumb cunt fans.

Ilia wins title, rematch Volk? No thanks. Fight Evloev an undefeated prospect in the top 5? No way, he needs to finish a fight first. Who does Ilia want? CONOR MCREGOR.

Omalley wins the title, gets a gift first title defense vs a guy who shouldn't be in the top 10 and he's already talking about ignoring Merab, Sandhagen, Umar etc. To go have a "superfight" with Ilia.

Islam Makhachev? Hasn't defended vs a Lightweight yet and he's already asking to move up and fight for the WW title...Jesus Christ.

Poatan is a paper champion at 205 who's been babied his entire career and he's trying to fight Tom fucking Aspinall?

Has Dricus said some dumb shit yet too? I feel like he has.

this shit means nothing. vacate your belt if you are to scared to clean out your division. "if he put on a performance against chito that he is saying he will" must have forgot the first fight when rogan interviewed you crying on the ground....

Merab is chinnier than people think and his striking defense isn't the best. He was tagged by both Cejudo and almost finished by a tailend Moraes, both of whom have t-rex arms in comparison.

Chito looked like dogshit two fights ago. He does not deserve a title shot. O'Malley is terrible though, so he might lose again, but Merab would run through that guy.

People might think I hate on the guy, but I'm the only guy I know who said O'Malley is a better striker than Yan long before that fight happened on Sherdog. He's talented on the feet, but as an MMA fighter, he's not much at all. He would have never won that Bellator BW Gp.

And Topuria is better fight for O'Malley than is for Merab. Would lose to both, but Topuria is much, much better fight for O'Malley. Topuria is much, much better fighter than O'Malley will ever be, but I wouldn't count O'Malley in that one. I don't give him much of chance against Merab if at all. Literally would get ran over.

They should strip O'Malley if he ducks Merab.

Would watch. Guaranteed somebody is getting sparked out in that one.

He's talking about "confidence" while he's blatantly trying to avoid his toughest stylistic match up in the division who's the #1 contender by a mile. He really is that stupid isn't he? Yeah that's the real type of confidence where you think you're the best in the world.

Funny thing is - Topuria already mentioned he isn't giving O'Malley a fight until he fights his Georgian brother Merab. So jokes on him .

Ilia wins title, rematch Volk? No thanks. Fight Evloev an undefeated prospect in the top 5? No way, he needs to finish a fight first. Who does Ilia want? CONOR MCREGOR.

Omalley wins the title, gets a gift first title defense vs a guy who shouldn't be in the top 10 and he's already talking about ignoring Merab, Sandhagen, Umar etc. To go have a "superfight" with Ilia.

Islam Makhachev? Hasn't defended vs a Lightweight yet and he's already asking to move up and fight for the WW title...Jesus Christ.

Poatan is a paper champion at 205 who's been babied his entire career and he's trying to fight Tom fucking Aspinall?

It's the fighter's job to call for the biggest opportunities possible, big deal. Let them shoot their shot even if it is a bit ridiculous. UFC calls the shots at the end of the day, both Ilia & Sean will fight the contenders they tell them to fight. We both know a champ vs champ fight is pretty unlikely & McGregor is never stepping in there with Topuria.

Some of you guys get too caught up on what they say in media interviews & genuinely believe these guys would refuse to fight the top contenders when negotiating with the UFC behind closed doors lol.

Nice try but

yeah-thats-gonna-be-a-no.gif

Fight Merab...

Topuria vs O'Malley is a good night of business but it's bad for the UFC long term, you'll probably never see it. Far better for the UFC financially to have them try to reign over their own divisions for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator:
Topuria vs O'Malley is a good night of business but it's bad for the UFC long term, you'll probably never see it. Far better for the UFC financially to have them try to reign over their own divisions for the time being.
i dont know man mma guru seems to think otherwise

Blame Dana White, not the fans.

Back