Opinion Should People Have More Respect for the President?

Should People Have More Respect for the President?

• Total voters
It started coming from the right* when Obama was in office, even though Obama conducted himself with decorum. The bullshit like a sitting Congressman (Joe Wilson) shouting "you lie!" at Obama during the State of the Union address. Shouldn't do that on either side. But it really ramped up under Trump because of the way he acted and the response he would get. Just feel like the precedent that was set under him has sent us on a bad path. The President should act a certain way and compose himself and people should have respect for the position not only domestic but internationally.

*There were comedians and other liberals who were disrespectful to W. Bush in the 2000s, but not elected officials at the time. W.'s policies were exceptionally bad and he was kind of embarrassing in the way he carried himself. His father knew how to act.
Lol
It's been going on since at least the Nixon days. Just progressively worse over time.

Desantis is the goat Nd i hope he runs from president, thanks to him my business continues to stay up and running and all my employees are happy and healthy.

meanwhile ive never seen so many ny license plates in my whole life down here, just shows how much that state sucks right now

It started coming from the right* when Obama was in office, even though Obama conducted himself with decorum. The bullshit like a sitting Congressman (Joe Wilson) shouting "you lie!" at Obama during the State of the Union address. Shouldn't do that on either side. But it really ramped up under Trump because of the way he acted and the response he would get. Just feel like the precedent that was set under him has sent us on a bad path. The President should act a certain way and compose himself and people should have respect for the position not only domestic but internationally.

*There were comedians and other liberals who were disrespectful to W. Bush in the 2000s, but not elected officials at the time. W.'s policies were exceptionally bad and he was kind of embarrassing in the way he carried himself. His father knew how to act.

The Left just spent a year cheering on violence and riots. Get off that horse.

Respect is earned ....

We are on a fight forum ... anybody who trains knows this!

lefty ideologues made everything personal and are very vindictive

they were keeping lists of ppl who worked for trump administration...

cant really go back to normal if moderates in democrat party dont take control and keep the lefty loons in check

The last president left a giant cleveland steamer on the integrity of the office of potus.
It was especially great when he got laughed at by the entire UN assembly.

It didn't start with Trump, him and MSM made it worse. It seemed like it started with Bush and the media along with celebrity's attacks. It's once thing to disagree but to be insulting and take it to the next level.

They way people responded to Trump was sickening "not my president" F trump"

I never liked Obama but wasn't too disrespectful about him as a person. If I saw him in person I would be polite and ask for a picture. People make politics way too personal..

This exactly

Ronald Reagan was mocked when he was president with bands like suicidal tendencies saying they wanted to kill him on songs.
Nooo, Drumpf started it ALL.
<TheDonald>

Lol

Because most of these kids no nothing of the pre SpongeBob world. It's sad to read these comments honestly. I think they're so brainwashed, they literally believe this stupid shit they're saying.

Gotta love how you had four years of Trump being called everything in the book by elected officials, but now is the time for to be more respectful to the President. LOL.

Desanitis was right, BTW. The border and COVID are related issues, and it's rich that Biden is criticizing the handling of a pandemic by a governor, as he lets god knows how many infected people into the country every single day.

The border is unrelated to COVID. Tell me what country has a land border with Florida to allow illegal immigrants to just walk in?

Desantis is the goat Nd i hope he runs from president, thanks to him my business continues to stay up and running and all my employees are happy and healthy.

meanwhile ive never seen so many ny license plates in my whole life down here, just shows how much that state sucks right now
He is alright but at the end of the day he is slave for the zionists that hold the real power in this country

Since Trump it's clear that being the POTUS is not something people should respect.
If the POTUS is a respectless cunt then there is no need to have respect for the office anymore.
Trump has changed this forever.

Because it was fitting to the point I wanted to make. Should I ask for your permission next time?

You seriously thought responding to my comment about how this wasn't Trump's fault to state that Trump never thought he was wrong actually needed to be said here?

How in the world was that point worth making?

You seriously thought responding to my comment about how this wasn't Trump's fault to state that Trump never thought he was wrong actually needed to be said here?

How in the world was that point worth making?
This is a discussion board. People use other people’s posts to make their own points.

You clearly are sensitive about it so I’ll make a mental note to shoot you a pm asking if you’d be alright with me quoting you next time.

Back