Why are both sides more openly Racist than 8 years ago?

Whenever someone is given free money, it immediately locks them into whatever behavior they're already doing.

For example, if an alcoholic is given $300 every week for free (to the alcoholic), then that alcoholic has absolutely no reason to change their behavior.

In essence, their bad behavior and poor choices becomes subsidized.

Except there is data disproving this "common sense," regardless of what analogy you use.

Also, their productivity in roles necessary for economic functionality and family security becomes subsidized

Try 1982

rockyapollo_original.gif

See, if this film was released today, there would probably be people complaining about it being "SJW, PC propaganda for cucks".

Whenever someone is given free money, it immediately locks them into whatever behavior they're already doing.

For example, if an alcoholic is given $300 every week for free (to the alcoholic), then that alcoholic has absolutely no reason to change their behavior.

In essence, their bad behavior and poor choices becomes subsidized.

This implies a prediction that can be checked. Here's what we find:

https://scholar.harvard.edu/coglian...oyment-insurance-extensions-reduce-employment

http://voxeu.org/article/unemployment-insurance-and-employment-during-great-recession

If you're really strongly inclined to believe the theory that UI reduces employment, maybe you need to see more, but you have to at least be wondering why the evidence isn't backing you up and you have to be reconsidering. Of course that's assuming good faith and honesty...

Also:

White privilege is real
Disproportionate black crime is real

and both can be solved, or exacerbated, by public policy and more just distribution of resources and allocation of political rights. So long as white privilege exists in the form of white control of resources and ownership of capital, so will racial stratification in the form of disproportionate black crime. It's fine that persons who are ignorant of the former still talk about the latter, but if you really want to address one you have to consider the other.

brilliant post.

Under Obama it was uncool to be patriotic or white.
You needed to feel bad and everyone else was a victim who deserved something for you.

I'm white and express more patriotism on here than most posters. I felt perfectly fine with Obama as President. I never felt "uncool" for being white.

Have you considered the possibility your victimhood is all in your head?

That's a load of horse shit. Get a grip. No more factual than saying the entire left is "insert label here."

Sorry if the truth hurts, but facts are facts. Wingnuts are a bunch of inbred racists, that's why they elected the racist dotard.

Funny how all of you claim to be against racism and prejudice, but then stereotype everyone when it comes to political affiliations.

Funny how all of you claim to be against racism and prejudice, but then stereotype everyone when it comes to political affiliations.

This is true. Blanket statements are the worst. I think most regulars in here are guilty of having done it, including myself.

I'm white and express more patriotism on here than most posters. I felt perfectly fine with Obama as President. I never felt "uncool" for being white.

Have you considered the possibility your victimhood is all in your head?

No because the majority of the armed forces felt that way

When did the gloves come off?

People are shouting black lives matter as an excuse to trash stores and riot and solve absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile the right is emboldened by the President himself putting down immigrants, white supremacists and racial “realists” are out marching in the street.

I thought Obama’s Presidency was about leaving race behind and trying to look at every one of us as Americans, whether Black or white or brown.

I want to stop hearing about white privilege or disproportionate black crime. Why can’t we take the Morgan Freeman approach and start ignoring race?

Both sides.

And by both sides you mean that democrats are race bating and doing racist shit. While republicans are not doing shit based on skin color?

So, basically LEFTISTS who see skin color above individuality--- one side loves them and one side hates them. Then is irrelevant and arbitrary.

Well, you can only hide genocide for so long. White genocide is definitely here.

We just need to know who'll be the modern-day Nat Turner. Who's going to raid Harpers Ferry?

From the tough talk I read every day in the WR, I think there's about a 35% chance it'll be a Sherdogger.

BLM is racist?

The vast majority of BLM supporters and protesters are non-black.

11272015-BLM06a-780x585.jpg

As for why there's more tension now... it's because people see an opportunity for progress. It's not that relations are worse, it's that they're are getting better.

Sort of like comparing the 1950's to the 1960's... just because the 60's had a lot of racial tension it doesn't mean it was more racist, much the opposite.

What Party founded the Ku Klux Klan, and implemented Jim Crow laws?

Neither party founded the Klan, although the Klan had more support openly from Democrats. Democrats and Republicans both enacted the Jim Crow laws, though Democrats were more instrumental in the foundation of such.

And then the southern strategy was utilized by the Republicans in the 1950s, and they switched sides with the democrats.

Answer my questions, ma'am.

all this racism must be coming from elsewhere because i interact with mexicans and african americans and exclusively date asian women all the time and am friendly as F. If you are from the middle east, i have my guard up.

Got PTSD from watching like 3000 people get murdered live on TV when i was a kid.

*edited because it wasnt 3500 people it was only 3000 people

Because we spend more time discussing what makes us different than discussing what we have in common.

The Democratic party campaigns on issues of identity politics further driving the country along those lines.

Back